A Big Announcement: The Festival of the Fisher King!

• A robust crier dressed in the finest of Peltarchian governmental livery stands tall in the city commons, preparing for the announcement of the year. He tacitly places a single mint leaf under his tongue to avoid offending any of those gathered, adjusts his gilded collar, smoothes his finely-groomed mustache, and (at last) begins to announce in a booming voice:

"**Hear ye, hear ye, Citizens of Peltarch!

I stand before ye this morn on behalf of the noble and most venerable Senate of the Great City of Peltarch, bearing pleasant tidings and good news!

Long has it been since the Great Civil War which rent the Jewel of the Icelace in twain came to a triumphant close. Long has it been since our worthy people have enjoyed respite and enjoyment. Long has it been since the glory of our great city has been celebrated in just and appropriate fashion!

And so do I hereby announce before all present that the Senate of Peltarch has decreed a FREE DAY OF FESTIVAL to revel in our city's glorious history, determined citizenry, and prosperous future!!

THE FESTIVAL OF THE FISHER KING!!!

Further details will be announced in the days leading up to the great festival, and all who wish to lend their aid in making this a memorable occasion are welcome to leave word with the diligent Herald Hark Thril.

May all be present for the glory of the Jewel and its people!**"

((date TBA))

• ((Loved the event, makes me realize why I started with Narfell… 🙂 ))

• Great event guys. It had a very nice vibe to it. 😄 Made the city light up, and I don't mean the placeables.

• ((Great event! Enzo loved it… very rich in politics))

• Council of Moradin

((Great time guys. Good to have everyone show up))

The Festival will continue for a couple days, but not to the same degree. The remainder is more of a merchant fest with some side shows. While not as fancy there are several tents in the docks district with many people talking about a change to Peltarch's economic system. Some of these get busted up from time to time by some thugs, but are still plenty present.

Specific information that would be widely spoken of:

Order of the Fisher King

A special "group" was formed to honor all those whom had died honorably in service to the city of Peltarch. Many names were read and more than a few tears were shed. A great cheer went up at the reading of former Defenders leader Captain Devin Telan's name. He obviously had many loyal friends in attendance.

Among the many names honored of distant past and recent battles were the following:

Senator Shanen Jelan
    Senator Myrie Makire
    Senator Ayanie
    Senator Adam Bromley
    Captain Devin Telan
    Captain Jonis Berkin
    Captain Silas Hildebrand
    Lieutenant John Betran
    Staff Sergeant Emris

Many more are honored on a statue in the City Hall courtyard.

Senate race announcements

Officially the following have made their intent to run public:

Captain Reshor of the Peltarch Defenders
    (also annouced he will retire from the Defenders to run)

Sir Mariston Thel of the Order of the Divine Shield

Clandra Galpen

Eowiel Senella of the Cerulean Knights and Bardic College (allegedly)

More names are sure to follow…

((edited by Evendur to include some additional candidates announced at the festival))

• ((Wish I could've made it, but I was coming back home today. 😞 ))

• A wonderful event 🙂 And I was of course wonderfully surprised when Nyda was decorated, just need to get whichever DM that was to drop me the medal 😉

• ((yep, the city looked great with all the crowds and placeables, and the fireworks show was excellent))

• ((Thumbs up. It was good to see Peltarch crowded like it's supposed to be for a change.))

• ((Just a friendly reminder, this is today!))

• **Hear ye, hear ye!

The great and glorious Festival of the Fisher King is to be held within the fortnight throughout the commerce district of our fair city!**

((Date is this Sunday, November 27, beginning at roughly 4-4:30pm EST (GMT -5) ))

• Ever since hearing of the festival, Alejandra has been extatic. The chance that she might be able to sing for so many people… living in her dreams, she is seen often going into tailor's shops, trying on expenive dresses and talking to herself. Those who might jsut happen to overhear her on such an occasion would think she was crazy for talking like a Lady.