VERY busy city

• Council of Moradin

Something is going on. All of the senate pages are running around, the local printers are all boarded up in their buildings, guild masters from all over are coming to town and waiting in lines to meet with various leaders in the city.

Everyone is ESPECIALLY tight lipped. People you normally stop and say hello to walk right past and give a quick smile instead. Even people you call friend don't seem to have time and respond to queries by saying, "I like my job. You'll hear about it soon." and scamper off.

The people who have been the worst hit by the economic downturn (caused by weather, lost jobs from the civil war, foreign competition that replaced Peltarch during it's chaotic times) are finding alot of work. Seems the lines men used to push and fight thru to get a day's labor as a dockhand so they could feed their families have all but disappeared. Ship captains have even taken to hiring criers to go find them men to unload their cargo.

These men are now building and renovating offices around the docks. Notably the Seafarer and Wavebreaker offices are teaming with workers. The Ashald warehouse also seems to have a half dozen or so men working inside. It also isn't uncommon to hear these groups of workers bicker amongst each other. Wood and canvas prices have doubled in a matter of 2 weeks… if you can find it in a shop.

The city is damned busy. Watch your head.

• Arien Ashald, her Brother Aarron, and Vidar, the Captain of their guards can be seen often in the docks walking in procession and speaking with Seafarer sailors reminding them of their station in the life of Peltarch.

Kind words were shared with elderly ship quartermasters who remember the two Ashalds as children. Several are offered pouches to keep the peace and maintain the trade and the efficacy and efficiency of the commercial machine.

• Council of Moradin

Whether by force of arms or striking beauty, the fights dissipate quickly and the men laugh to themselves as they wander away. Strangely, while some blood flows, these fights seem more like competition than warfare. It isn't all that uncommon to see brothers and even fathers and sons on opposite sides of the fighting.

But while funny to some of them, it is certainly a mess as these nightly brawls break out and the jails fill up. The Guard announces the doubling of fines for disturbing the peace.

• *Rando patrols like Talgrath and breaks up fights and disorder, but with one difference he does not hit them like talgrath but gives them the look of

if you don't stop that i am going to draw my blade and kill the lot of you

Funny enough it seems to have the desired effect and they stop immediatly.
    Rando walks off to continue his patrol with a half smile that might be of disapointment.*

• Occasionally, the Defender officer Talgrath can be seen walking through the docks, working to break up fights completely on his own when he comes upon one. He never draws his blade, but simply knocks out some of the participants if necessary, bare-handed.

• Arien Ashald is said to be sending Vidar, Captain of her Personal Seafarer Guard as well as her brother Aarron, the Lord Ashald to survey the Seafarer's behavior in the absence of Vaster who is still away in Hoarsgate((if he's not still away just let me know Sera))

• Clandra walks to the docks, in one of her more revealing outfits. Her clear, blue eyes look over a random fighting group, she purses her full lips as she walks to the fighting men.
    As the sweet scent of roses fill the nostrils of the men, and they turn to Clandra, she starts speaking with slightly motherly tone of voice.

"The civil war caused quite some losses. We are finally recovering… true, city is busy now. But look at your behaviour, gentlemen. You are fighting like some ten year old kids over a candy.
    Stop this foolishness, if not for yourselves, or your families, then for me... This all makes me so sad."

The angelic sight then turns away from the men and walks off..

• Council of Moradin

The workers hammer away all day and (now that they have more than lint in their pockets) drink thru the night. As the days go by several small scuffles turn into small riots in the docks district. The guards are out in force, but everytime they seem to go around a corner another fight breaks out behind them.

The locals blame different factions for the violence. The names of these factions seem to be plays on the names of the guild they are working for. In fact the lines of fighting are drawn precisely along those who work for different groups. Names like the Fishing Hooks, Sea Dogs, and the Breakers are equally used as insults and affiliation groups.

No deaths have occured… yet.