Unprecedented Occurance

• Devils in Oscura and the Overseer is taken from the mind of Chaevre' Vaelen. . .
    ((this is off the top of my memory about 6 hours after the event so if some details are sketchy forgive me, thatnks to Wykith for the first part of this event and to Kuk for the second part))

Looking towards the well I saw an unknown shape seeming to move within, my curiousity battleing with my willpower, do I investigate knowing I put my life at risk, or do I remain at the border, safely out of reach from the power within. . just a little close, it will be fine i tell myself, ok but just a peek. i look over to the bench where another person is sitting, it is Drelan, one of Deacons crew, i inch towards the well to get a glimpse within, no why should you do it i tell myself, he will do just fine, grinning to myself i look over to the bench, i can tell he has spotted something to for he stares into the well. "You see it to don't you"? I ask him, he replies affirmatively. "Go then and get a closer loo, it is perfectly safe." I lie to him but he buys it, clearly he is not a citizen and as such I feel no obligation to his protection. He gets up and moves dangerously close to the edge of the well, the faint whispers and moans issue forth beckoning us to come closer, yes I have heard this before, he moves closer yet and the well lashes out with a spell of negative energy that bursts between use sapping us both of our strength, I back away from the well, but his curiousity has left him vulnerable and he moves right to the edge and stares within, I move to distance myself from the well, out of range of its hypnotic gestures until I am side by side with the door guards of the coppers inn, looking at the guard and watching them, we both have seen this before and we both know what is to happen next, staff in hand i cast a few spells one to increase my inteligence to make my spells more concentrated, another to remove the draining effect of the negative energy, I then stand and watch Drelan, his hand moves to his blade and he unsheaths it, yes the well has him now, he will come for me, he desires blood and he does not know why, but he must get it no matter what risk he puts himself, he takes a few steps toward me beckoning for me, yeah right you want to kill me dont you, my pixie flies from my pouch and casts an invisibility spell on me before fleeing, I simply stand as he moves to where he last saw me, i make no attempt to hide my location for I know he is feeble and cannot harm me, he now stands within feet of where I am and starts lashing out with his blade attempting to find my presence and strike true, the attempt is pathetic and i let him know I forgive him for wanting to kill me, i put up a ghostly visage spell should his blade find me, just in time too as he lands a blow which is deflected harmlessly off my cloak, ok now it is time for me to have some fun, a quick gesture and I drain him of life, he falls to a knee from the sudden shock, the invisibility decloaks me and he acn now see me, he tries to get up and try again, another gesture and it stops him in his tracks, another one of these will kill you i think to myself as i let a third go, that did it, he is on the ground on his face, a lifeless corpse his hand firmly grasping his blade, the guards look at me wide eyed asking what i did to him, hmm, he is not dead, lucky, three of those would have been enough to kill even the most hardened warriors, chuckling to myself now, what to do what to do. "Master is he dead?" I look up where the sound came from coming from one of the upper floors of the coppers, a young child pokes her head out then another, twins, no girls he is not dead, why dont you come down and show me that missile spell of yours, I have a living target for you to practice on, I look at his pathetic form with a look of sadistic pleasure, the twin girls come down though they are unsure what to think of the man. Scyth comes from around the corner and questions my actions, the law states one must not harm another citizen, yes I am aware of this law he is not a citizen, besides he attacked me first, i use the action caused by the well to cover my ass, and it works, after a brief discussion the man is revived and my magic dispelled, he takes leave to the coppers, the twins depart not feeling right in the situation, and me Scyth and Von retire to the inn to talk.
    Some time later when Von and I depart to head to the temples to practice some magic we spot a young girl on the bench, i have never seen her before neither has Von, we approach her and introductions are made, her name is Shawna. . Shawna, the name rings in my head as though a warning siren, a former student of the academy, known commonly as Sil, she is no longer herself, a devil in human form, not to be trusted, it is of little concern to me, she would be committing suicide to try and fuck with me, the man from before got off lucky, a mere plaything, she looks at me knowingly, Von however seems to be struggling with something as she gazes at him, heh whatever she is doing to you, she dare not attempt on me, our meeting is ct short when some demons begin appearing at random, we dispatch them easy enough but Shawna has fled the scene, god damned devils i say out loud, moments pass and an Erinyes appears from around the corner, shit, these things are tough and I am unprepared for a major battle, i sit back content that the others can handle it popping in to battle when I see that i was clearly mistaken, using what magic i have left i help dispatch one of the devils, some others have come now and are ready to help, Von having taken severe beating from the bitches retires to pray to his god for assistance, Scyth returns from the inn and is ready to help as well, and then another erinyes only this time it is ready for a fight, and it summons a succubus to help, alright here we go, i have a few spells left, firebrand, i let loose bt to no avail, well so much for spells, all i can do now is polymorph, ill save that for when im bleeding to death, one of them uses an evards black tentacles spell, Von becomes trapped, Scyth becomes trapped, some lass becomes trapped, I continue to swing feebly with my axe avoiding the tentacles as best i can until i too have become trapped, then just as it started do I see my companions fall one by one, the two erinyes turn on me, without magic i am a dummy to be whipped, I quickly polymorph and try to get some distance to allow my wounds to regenerate . . too little too late, the tentacles grab me and pull me to the floor, i black out, . . time passes how long I do not know, I hear Scyth speaking over me, get up he says as if nothing had happened, the others are up as well, the devils had gone my head is pounding, i feel dehydrated, i have no magic left, im tired and hungry, nothing a short rest cant help, rest, no i cannot rest, the ocerseer wants me to make sure the well is stable, i need to rest i cannot concentrate, no there is no time to rest, you may rest when you are dead he tells me, i take a deep breath to clear my head, shit what a headache, i down my last foxs cunning potion to help ease my mind and i focus on the well, nothing what a waste, can i rest now? some lass starts to attack Von, great just whta we need the well is possessing people from afar, what the hell set it off, we snap her out of it, my stomach rumbles and I am weary, a globe of darkness and i slip off, digging through my pack i find no food, well shit now were in for it, i return to near the well and i see that Scyth is fucking around with it, going to get us killed i think, Von is uneasy, some hin nearby is freaking out, and the lass simply stands there staring, Von do you have any food, im going to put an end to this. .Von? . . Von?! well shit if he isnt a statue now, i turn to the hin, " you have any food?" he digs through his pack vigourously and shakes his head, I look back to Vron and the stone shatters around him and he finishes uttering a sentence beforel ookign around wondering why the hell everyone has changed their positions so quickly " you were a statue for 30 years Von" he believes me for the moment i guess as he is dumbfounded at the news, i ask him for food and he says he has nothing, he goes and asks the lass who offers an eyeball, well this is just fucking perfect i cant stop this in my condition, but . . but . .i tilt my head i walk straight up to the well, whatever it is is sure interesting, Von and Scyth must see it to for we all three of us are standing next to the well, wait a minute this isnt right . .after a moment i sna out of it only to notice Scyth has thrown Von to the edge and is yelling for me to get the hell back, dont have to tell me twice, i turn to flee but trip as more tentacles grab my feet, they get scyth too, i break free and get to a safe distance, scyth isnt so lucky, the tentacles almost rip him to shreds before he breaks loose long enough to heal himself, this cannot continue, i need to get rest, and a meal, take off and visit every single shop in Oscura begging for food, most of them offer me a slab of raw flesh, from what is beyond me but theres no way i can eat that, not even the inns had anything prepared, no i dont want liquor i cant study while pissed from ales, i run back to the well, there is nothing i can do and will have to let it run its course, Scyth must have long lost his fucking mind for he is standing next to the well clenching some amulet in his fists, Von tells me that Scyth is going in and he believes his faith will guide him through, oh yeah? your fucked, is all i can think of now, i cannot save you from your madness, I hear some babbling coming from him, a prayer perhaps, he jumps into the well and boom he is gone, dead most likely, the well starts to spit out fire and tries to get more, it is still hungry, i back myself up against the wall, the guards caught in the fire and is immolated, his flesh burst from his bones and the armor liquified, i make a note to avoid the fire, more tentacles and the hin is caught, Von does everything he can to break the hin free and succeeds in the end the tentacles creep towards me and im trapped in a corner, they reach and grab at my ankles, pulling me down, but i break free and skip through the entanglement to get to safety, the tentacles recede and a final explosion issues from the well, days seem to pass and the well is calm, i see the lass and Von resting on the floor, the Hin is no where to be seen but i can hear whimpering coming from somewhere, i slump against the wall and darkness takes me, unknown time passes until i am stirred, panick stricken fearing that it has not ended wide eyed in terror, a young man stands over me, "Are you Chaevre? I was told you were teaching here . . " i compose myself and nod slowly to him, " I understand you run the Spellweavers Keep, I was hoping you could do me a favour and I am humbled that I must ask you for this in our first meeting, My name is Cike, and I want to now what you can tell me of Demons and Posession, for I fear my friend may be in trouble". i rub my temples, fucking devils, this is the last thing i want to discuss, "you are referring to Sil, I do not know the whole story, but if what I hear is true she is fucked" he looks a bit taken aback that i know who he was referring to, he asks again for my help, i dont know much of demonlore but perhaps if he tells me what happened it might help with this puzzle. . .

• ((And from the thoughts of the masked woman))
    _The souls were creating devil creatures. They died.

Von was there, he seemed scared and annoyed… he must be weaker than I thought.

Mage woman was always hungry and tired.

The souls keep sending magic at us, and I shoot a creature in the dark in the face... it was Von...

Mage is still hungry. Von tries to get food but maybe wasn't very hungry. He didn't want the eye.

Half-men make good towels.

Spells ... stupid people get close

Elf named after the weapon is too confident. It makes sense he killed himself in the souls and exploded.

I didn't get to find out what noise half-man makes when he is stabbed.
    Von does not like spider eye goop._

• ((@ef69345054=Oscuran:

This story is rated
    R, for strong language and suggestive themes.

Thanks Kuk for this really fantastic event! ))
    _It was just another ordinairy day in the city beneath the ground, just another ordinairy day until I meet the one elf that was about to fuck it up. Fuck it up good, too.

I was having a drink at the Shiney Coppers, keeping my eyes out for that hot waitress that usually tends the tables there. She's got blonde hair and a nervous attitude, which is just fine by me as long as I can enjoy the view. Anyways, my drink's warm and it's beginning to taste as shitty as the town's water supply. I glance towards the door, then to my drink, and back to the exit again. It's looking mighty tempting now, I got no reason to stay in here, might as well go see of Chaevre's finished with her little brats she teaches and test out more spells with her.

I make sure my mask is on snug, pull my cowl up and take my leave towards the door. The bouncer gives me a glare like the pompous piece of shit he is, I ignor him.

As I walk outside, I see Chaevre, some elf, and that Drelan guy on the ground panting for air, Chaevre's got her greatsword out. The elf, I hadn't met him before, I glide up next to him, looking down at that Drelan, then up to Chaevre who seems to have some sadistic spark in her eye that instantly sets me off.

"Cheavre. Something wrong?" I ask, more focused on that look in her eye than anything else. "I'll explain later, Von." She glances to me, her skin still as white as snow, those endless dark eyes still amused. She was enjoying this Drelan guy's pain. Enjoying it alot.

I lower my voice to the elf beside me, only noticing him then. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Von. The new tribunal member for the Order of Discord." The elf keeps his deathless, dull gaze on the dear-dead guy on the ground. He's wearing a mask, too. One of those really scary ones that'd give a kid nightmares for the rest of his life. Those are my favorites.

"I know you are. And well met, I'm Scyth." He responds; he's got one of those dull, emotionless voices that somehow seem to brim with confidence. Scyth and I look down and watch as the guy struggles a bit more, then I notice Chaevre's brats are there, too. Shala and Ela, I think their names are. They're little kids from the surface, not that I give a damn about them. If Chaevre's teaching them, they've got to have some talent, if any.

It doesn't take me long to decide who to help. Chaevre's given me a hand a bunch of times before; removing that annoying light from my amulet, testing negative energy spells with me. Yeah, she's the one I choose to channel her healing into. I brush my way past the kids, lowering my voice to a whisper near Chaevre's ear, still keeping my grey pupils locked on Drelan, who's clutching a wound and looking pretty fucking bad.

"Your wounds, Chaevre?" She flicks her eyes to me, I can still see the joy that she's having from watching the guy suffer. "Yes." She whispers back, turning her full focus back on the near dear guy. I figure she must be one of those sadists, or maybe a loviatorite, to take so much damn pleasure into other people's hurt. Not like I give a damn. I hear her wounds wiht the usual pitch black light, while Scyth just loses interest, bored, heading to the well.

One of her little brats speak up, with a clichéd kid's voice, all unsure and doubtfull. "Um.. Teacher.. We'll be upstairs." Chaevre looks to them and nods. While I'm walking past, I watch them go into the coppers and wonder if there's some lunatic serial killer with a knife sitting at a table that'd just be brimming with excitement at seeing two helpless kids walk into the bar. So excited he'd follow them up to their rooms and sharpen his knife on their bones. Wouldn't surprise me to hear the news tomarrow with the town crier shouting his usual 'hear ye hear ye' garbage.

"I'll be at the well with Scyth." I glance back to Chaevre, making my way towards that elf I had met earlier. In case you arent wondering, that elf I mentioned that's going to fuck my day up good? Scyth's the one. I didn't know it at the time, but he's got to be one screwed up son-of-a-bitch to have done what he did. You'll find that out soon enough.

"Studying the well?" I ask, using the same melodic fake voice I've been using all my life in Oscura. "Yes… it's fascinating, Von." He responds, his mask locked onto it, captivated. "Don't study too hard, if you catch my drift." He gives me a look. I continue, "A woman went near insane looking at that well, once. I was told she murdered her entire familey." And it was true, too. A woman had killed her loved ones out of a brink of madness just because she was looking at some sparkly light filled well.

He just shook his head, hinting a grin on his emotionless mask. "I'm going to the coppers, gonna invite Chaevre along, too. Care want to join us?" He nods, glancing towards the entry door that I had just left some hour or so ago. "I'll be along in a moment, Chaevre, Von." He states, turning his attention back to the thousand-or-so souls that are flowing through the diabolic device we know as the Soul Well. "Sure. We'll save a seat for you."

I walk back towards the Coppers, Chaevre was standing near a bench watching Scyth and I as we chatted. She follows me into the Coppers, Scyth joins us soon after just like he said he would. We have a few drinks. I spot Drelan out of the corner of my eye, having a drink alone at one of the opposite tables. He must of gathered himself and dragged himself into the bar for a try at relaxation after the beat-down Chae handed him.

Scyth, Chaevre and I find a nice table with three spots. We begin talking, and after a while we invite Drelan over. After a winded conversation about 'good' and 'bad' and all the same shit that I usually get from fanatic paladins, who enjoy shoveling it right into my ears, Scyth has to take a piss. Chaevre and I figure the conversation's lasted long enough, tell him we'll wait for him outside, and beat it on out of the door into the city. "Care to help me test those negative energy spells some more, Chaevre?" I ask, while we walk. "Sure. The temple?"

Before I can answere, I spot the biggest slice of female pie I'd ever seen across the bench from me. Something isn't right with this one, though, I quickly realise. She's got sort of pointed ears and it's almost as if her lip curvs upward a bit too much… sort of looking a bit like a half demon, but not really. "A new face." Chaevre says, looking her over. "...Indeed." I reply.

We both make our way towards her, ignoring our plans to test negative energy. I watch her for a moment, before saying the usual crap I say to people I meet for the first time in Oscura, which goes something along the lines of: "Greetings. I don't believe we've met, you must be new to the city. My name is Von Du'Sharr. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." She smiles back. Why the hells is she so at ease? "Pleasure's mine. My name is Shawnna."

Shawnna. That's the demon witch that two-bit bard Elor told Chaevre and I about a few days back. I glance to Chaevre, checking her reaction. She glances back to me with the same intent. I look back to her, watching her breath, watching her smile and watch me. I don't know whether or not I want to make sure she doesn't try anything, (that Elor guy gave us a good warning about this one) or if I just want to look at her and have my fill of her sight. All I know is that I'm watching her._

Chaevre looks to Von as he glares at the woman with some saturation and vidness in his grey eyes, behind his usual mask, before looking back to Shawnna herself.

Something happens. She smiles back at me, yeah. But that smile, that look in her eye, something is urking me. Then I feel it; I feel my eyes itch, a tickle in the back of my head. What's happening to me?

Von stumbles slightly backward, holding his masked visage, taking a panted breath, gritting his teeth and wincing briefly.

_'What the fuck is she doing to me?' I wonder to myself calmly, trying to gather myself. Soon the pain stops, I didn't let it show too much; you'd be surprised what sheer force of will can do. I stand up straight again, taking one last breath to put out the fire in my burning lungs. Shawnna, Chaevre and I continue conversing for a little while, just some casual bored conversation. If you ask me about Shawnna, I'd probobly tell you she's one of those ladies who're so full of themselves that they think they can talk down to anyone. Sort of like that sailor chump from Peltarch, Deacon Sterr, I think his name was. Yeah, just one of those ladies.

And that's when my day takes a turn for the worse.

Slimy footsteps run across the Oscuran dirt, charging Shawnna, Chaevre and I. I glance, glaring at it and reaching for the longsword at my side. Chaevre utters an incantaion, focusing herself on it's muscles and making them rot. It's a ghoul, a green and disgusting humanoid with no face and clawed fingers. Chaevre's spell does most of the damage, I glide back, letting it come to me before I swing across it's chest to cut into it's guts. Shawnna, like Chaevre, wiggles her fingers and murmurs a small keyphrase, shimmering projectiles appearing and slamming unto the thing.

Yeah we killed it, killed it good. "What the hells was that?" Chaevre asks, frowning in annoyance. I lean down, pressing my boot into it's neck to make sure it stays still, watching it's facial expression. "A ghoul." Shawnna looks around nervously, probobly trying to pull a scared little girl act. I push my weight off the thing, and finally notice that the well is glowing a little brighter than usual.

"Chaevre, look." I pointed my sword towards it, she glances, and simply says: "Shit." Scyth finally comes out from the coppers tavern, walking calmly across the commons to Chaevre and I, looking to the well. "Scyth! It's acting up again." I call towards him, his mask almost seems to be smiling. "Mmm.. beautifull."

I had almost forgot about Scyth's fetish for that thing. He seems to enjoy looking at it, and trying ti find out what makes it tic. Chaevre and I stand back, glaring around and looking for more demons. Scyth keeps tossing magic in it, his eyes wide as he watches the well's reaction to the various energies. At one point, my mind just blanked and all I wanted to do was touch it. Chaevre, Scyth and I were standing mighty near it, too, until we blinked out of it. "Get back!" That crazy elf shouted, gripping my robe and tossing me further from the well. Chaevre threw herself after me, spotting the black tentacles sprouting from the well and reaching over. And Scyth… Scyth just stood there.

"I need to find a place to eat, and gather my magic." Chaevre growls, on guard and trying to make sure no more demonic fucks trying to blindside us. "Let's look. Scyth! Hurry up with that well!" I call over, figuring he's trying to find a way to close it. He just steps a little closer, and I make the biggest mistake of the night -- I don't give it a second thought. I leave Scyth with his well, and follow Chaevre to look for a calm spot around town. By now the well has it shaking, all bright with crazy lights. Disgusting, if you ask me.

After a few minutes of searching; the grim bottle, kerol's steel, that stupud kid and her corner shop -- We realise none of them have any food and we make our way back to see if Scyth's succeeded in closing the well. When we get back, we see a hin shivering in the corner, and Shawnna's gone. Scyth's standing two feet from the well, clutching some amulet and holding it into the light. He's chanting harsh prayers, you could of seen his rib cage expand and retract with each word, mouth gritted and wide with every articulation.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Exclaims Chaevre, while I glared towards him. "Scyth!" Noxious gases quickly erupt from the ground below us. It burned my eyes, and stung my throat. I could barely even see through the sour tears it caused, I was coughing madly and so was Chaevre. "Scyth!" I called, through coughs.

The entire place was shaking perpetually, now. That fucking elf had gone and messed with something he shouldn't of, I'm thinking. "Scyth! Scyth!" I call out through the mist, gas and smoke, but I can only see his shadow, an outline of his body stepping into the well. What the hells was he doing? What the hells was he thinking?

"Screw it; focus on staying alive, Von. Fuck Scyth, he'll be fine. Focus on staying alive." I keep thinking to myself, bringing the cloth of my robe to try and prevent the smoke from entering my already fiery lungs. Chaevre is next to me, on the ground, holding a rag to her mouth.

After a few moments of struggling, the well stops unleashing it's shit-gas and we can finally stand up again. I look to Chaevre, barely gathered myself. She's fine, that hin we had spotted is fine, as well. Shawnna's pretty much beat it, and Scyth is nowhere to be found._