A notice on the Mermaid Inn meeting room.

• ((The purpose is this thread is to help organise the NAC's events and stuff, the information is semi-public so feel free to have your character know about it. ))

Zora Montague, a self proclaimed nove illusionist is seen gathering papers. He smoothens a wrinkle out of his shirt, as he sticks one of the papers on the meeting room door in the Mermaid Inn.

The notice is written with an expert and gracefull hand:

@ee84a8738f:

Notice

Greetings and salutations, fellow adventurers. I've written you each a letter, and hope you've recieved it. Our current pen-pal relationship will soon be at it's end. In my last letters, you've all been told of a meeting place – This Inn. I'm glad you've all found it. Our common interest and thirst for exploration, dear friends, isn't something to write about in letters, but something to act upon. I'm smiling as I write this, because we've spoken of expeditions and adventure before. I have a proposition for you, should you be interested. But I will discuss this further with you all when we see eachother face-to-face at last. I look forward to finally meeting you all in person. The following people will be granted admittance to the meeting:

Callain Wolfe,
    Jermiah,
    Elerand Arvendel,
    Kristine Keller,
    The nameless Avenger, - I will need your real name, sir.

I wish you all safe travel, I know some of you arent from Peltarch and it's taken you some time to arrive.

Yours truly,

Zora Montague ~

Evan then leaves the notice on the inn door, before sitting at a table and ordering some wine and cheese.

((OOC - Hi fellas. Getting the N.A.C.'s first adventure started. Today, September 21, at 1:00 PM, Eastern Time. If your character is not on the IC "list" – Feel free to show up out of IC curiosity or some such, I would love one or two more folks. But I'm trying to keep this small and civilised, as some player ran events I've attempted before got out of hand because of the huge bulk of people typing at the same time. πŸ™‚ Linah, if there's any gold required to rent the little room with the chairs and large table in the Peltarch Mermaid Inn, let me know how much and I'll drop it in the trash or hand it over as soon as possible. ))

• coughs You're missing Elerand under those who couldn't make it πŸ˜‰ Bloody changed the time on me!

• Event Overview - Near Giantspire

DM Presence: None.

Player Presence, the following showed up:

-Zora Montague, illusionist mage and trickster. (flomuxed)
    -Kristine Keller, as cleric, medic, priestess and helping hand. (Custodis)
    -Arakyn Stormcrow, as warrior, muscle, strength and force. (SnotGoblin)
    -Flen as wizard, lore master and arcanist. (Majere)

Player Absence, the following sadly couldn't make it:

-Elerand. (Tanin)

Location Explored: Nearby giantspire mountains.

Enemies Encountered: This is the summary of the sub-culture of Kobolds found in the near Giantspire Mountains. We've dubbed this kobold settlement the "Ben" kobolds.

-Little-Ben lizards. We've named these after Evan's old familiar, Ben. They wield rusty, useless daggers, which they almost never use. Easily spooked, these youngster kobolds attacked only when cornered. They are bluish in color, and hiss words and communications to eachother in a harsh tongue, most likely draconic. They usually stay in groups and we're rarely seen alone. (Kobold Runt)

-Big-Ben lizards. These are the larger version of our previous encounter with the kobolds. They are more muscular, and wield exceptional weaponry, usually sickles or hooks. They are taller then the Little Ben lizards, and had an air of superiority about when we observed them communicate with the other kobolds. Warning: Extreme Caution is advised when approaching the Big Ben Lizards. They are very difficult to kill, and will attack any intruders they spot in their land on sight. (Kobold Fanatic)

-Ben Marksmen. The Ben marksmen are trained (possibly in a secret kobold militairy camp, which we've yet to find) to specifically toss old darts at intruders. They are extremely hostile, and attack on sight. They are very precise, and deadly with their projectiles. One caught Evan off guard and hit him right in the neck. Thankfully, Kristine was nearby and tended to his medical needs. They often travel in groups, along ridges. Mild caution is advised. Although they have a strong ranged presence, they can easily be defeated once approached with melee combat… if you manage to get close enough. (Kobold Stinger)

-Ben Grunts. The grunts are trained to protect the Little Bens. They are often found watching over the youngsters, and clubbing any animals or wanderers that approach. They carry a suit of leather armor, and old shortswords. We have reason to believe that they are commanded by the Big Bens. We will study these further and gather more detailed results on the matter. (Kobold Runner)

Event Summary: The band of adventurers met up in the Mermaid Inn. They spoke, introducing themselves, having a casual meal. Evan mentioned his idea, his project about a 'club' of adventurers. He explained how he wanted to explore all of Narfell – From the closest patch of hostile land, to the deepest and most dangerous catacombs. Interested in eachother's shared view on the matter, they arranged to meet with a few others that Evan had been contacting with via letters the next night.

The morrow comes, and the four meet up once again in the Mermaid Inn. They eat and enjoy their drinks and food, chatting with the waitresses and having a chuckle before finally grabbing their weapons, scrolls, maps and journals... and setting off westard towards the night's chosen destination: The Giantspire Mountains. They circled the ridge, finding a cave. Fending off many kobolds, but still pushing forward in the name of knowledge, they managed to take the entrance by storm. The group found a moment of rest, as Kristine prayed to Illmater, and Flen studied for spells.

They then continued, mostly sucesfull against the Kobold Ben Culture threat. But soon after finding a small underground village, they were unable to hold ground and had to retreat into the city, but not empty handed.

Items Found:

-Underground springwater. When exploring the cave, we found an underground lake. This is probobly the reason why the kobolds chose the cave as their settlemen location. We took a sample of the water, and placed it in a vial. We have reason to believe that the kobolds bathe in the lake, because it stinks rather badly.