Plead of peltarch security.

• As a citizen of Peltrach I would like to bring up two issue's of security. I bring this up due to my first day in the city I was almost killed by kobolds. I have made it my personal task that no other soul may suffer the same wounds I did.

First, I have noticed that many times the guards protecitng the gates leave there post this is a great danger due to these kobolds can and have flanked the guards. Breaching the first line of defense and almost up in to the gates. I have talked to the guards numerous times but as I am not in the city's militia I have no say in the matter.

Second, I have also noticed that the gate has been left open by individuals self appointed or other reasons in kobolds territorys. I ask that any individual traveling into kobold territory please close the gate thus giving the city the protection it needs. I would like to remind everyone that not only we live in peltrach but so do families to include children.

I ask all of us to close the gate to keep the children of peltarch safe. It is all our resnosiblity just a little effort will go a long way.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Richard Luis citizen of peltarch.

((ooc; i would post this in front of the gate to all to read and ask permission from the militia captain to do so.))
    (( if this post is wrong or submitted wrong I will edit or remove))

• Magistrate Barrim reminds the guard, farscouts and defenders that leaving the gates open is not an offence, and may not be fined under any circumstances. Leaving the gates open is not a reference to endangerment laws, and should not be interpreted as such.

"…..Fines are to be collected on behalf of the city by guardsmen for city based offences, or magistrates in the case of more serious offences according to the statute in the public domain...." _ he is heard to remind them. " We do not have "close the gates on pain of death laws" like norwick tried to enforce in the past, our laws are the product of a disciplined and exemplorarly legal and senatorial process"

The Magistrate welcomes the citizens comments, and welcomes him maintaing watch on our cities security. He directs anyone who is a long standing citizen, with no criminal record, and a proven advocate of law and order to address any applications to the honoured guard to the Captain of the Guard - Vick Dunderstone (PM to me (Peltarch ADM) or Linah - SDM) will do.

• Aelhaearn volunteers for fine collection duty

• Council of Moradin

::reads over the notice::

I think I'll have my scouts start collecting fines from people who leave the gates open. Should help with our equiptment needs.

• ((Yep yep, generally if its not designated as OOC in some ways….such as this...it is considered IC in these forums 😉 So most of the posts following yours was IC))

• @e6c270f509=RichardLuis:

((ooc as i am fairly new to this I wrote in a Rp manner not as a ooc I should of said Richard stated " ". I am in no means complaining of the mechanics of the server I was just rping that gaurds go missing and adventurers leave the gate open, sorry for the misunderstanding I studed other entries before I typed mine but I will study some more thanks.))

((Your post was fine, dont let the one ooc response discourage you))

• ((ooc as i am fairly new to this I wrote in a Rp manner not as a ooc I should of said Richard stated " ". I am in no means complaining of the mechanics of the server I was just rping that gaurds go missing and adventurers leave the gate open, sorry for the misunderstanding I studed other entries before I typed mine but I will study some more thanks.))

• The Guardswoman, guarding the approaches from the Eastern Plains reports to her captain after hearing of these comments about the guard postings….

Capn'

I always do me duty captn' you know that but recent like folk have been having real problems 'unting cats. Even mages dressed in nae more than a dress with not even a bow to arm themselves go out and hunt with strange flying creatures they have wi them.

I nae mind, but they seem to like drivin tha cats back to me.. for me to dispatch with me crossbow. I nae mind the practice but i cannae guarantee their safety all tha time. I guard, i am nae a cat-wrestler.

** She pulls out her code of laws and points out to the captain, and asks him to speak to Magistrate Zyphlin or Barrim about reminding folk on endangering the guard. **

1.10: Negligent Harm to Another - Acting without regard for a person's
    safety and, in doing so, directly causes them harm is a violation of the
    law.
    -Recommended Sentence: 90 days to 5 years

• Mind you also, the guards arn't there for hapless adventurers to run out, try to slaughter kobolds, and then run back to get guards killed becuase they bit off more then they could chew. Our guards must be there to protect the city, but if you are going out to strike agaisnt the kobolds constnatly and anger them and they chase you as you flee from fighting them…YOU are bringing the danger upon the city. Now countless adventurers have done this over hte years, and I will not speak ill of them for doing it...but don't go and complain that the guards are incompetent or lacking becasue you can't utalize this means of saving your ass as easily.

• ((I don't think the guards would technically leave their posts. The thing is that NWN AI doesn't engage the enemy and return to a previous position, but remains where they stand until another enemy is seen (in which case they engage that enemy), so on and so forth.))