The Travels of Amith Kel'fer

• After numerous twists and turns I have ended up a resident of the Gypsy Camp. It is peaceful here, and I enjoy that greatly. Lately my time has been taken up by working the anvil, attempting to make a better weapon for me to battle with. My weeks have been involved with walks to the Orc plains where I ask the orcs for some of their shields and bows to sell to Frago in Norwick, so I can have gold to pay for my crafting supplies. Then a short walk into the Rawlins to mine some, and then the long walk home with a pack of ore. I have gotten extremely good at making skinning knives, though that taxes my very low skills. I have yet to work on my promise to try and interact with others, I still travel by myself too much for my own liking. I got greatly excited running into Green the other day, and foolishly promised my blade to the defense of Norwick for her. It was a short battle all in all though. Four small goblins finding their way into the walls was short work for my bow, and the zombies that arrived later were no match for the many defenders that Norwick had on hand. I still do not understand the entire reasoning for them being there, something about a ring… Nico was at the defense of the town as well. A very odd man. He seems extremely polite and helpful but something strikes me as wong about him. Maybe it is my own distrust of humans. He accompanied me back to the camp, and we had a walk in the woods for a it of exploration. Though he never seems to say it, I think that he is better at fighting then he is putting on. Another reason to keep an eye on him I suppose. My writing skills are not the best, so I do not know why I am even starting this journal but I am afraid that my own problems with just sitting and talking to people will lead me to obscurity in the long run. Maybe this book will find its way onwards past my own thoughts and life... then again it may just end up in some mage's library gathering dust.

• I cut a path through the Rawlins south, far south, so far in fact that i came to the end of the woods and gazed upon empty fields. I have never been here before, and that thought scares me. It was all on a foolish quest that i sought out, after a near panic episode in Peltarch brought me to realize that i don't spend enough time with nature. I will have to rest up here befor i can work my way back. I have been plagued by goblins, bugbears, and other far more fearsome things in my travels so far. Most i have avoided, some i have fought, but my blade and bow are showing the use, and my armor is beginning to chafe on my skin where i wear night and day. Tomorrow maybe I will head back from the small camp i have made under the open sky. Tomorow is as good a day as any i suppose. It will be good to see what few friends i have once again, although they probably have not missed me even with my long absence.

• very little has been happening as of late…. i suppose that this is a good thing.. took a trip to Skara's cave which i had never been to... not planning on going back, we lost Fost in that small trip, bt got travel with the young priest Durai and his large bodyguard Sam... at least i think that he was his bodyguard. Overall i think the group did well. How many groups would have trouble with a Priest of Torm, a Priestess of Lurue, and a priestess of Tempus counted in its number, and of course large Sam at its back, and a well blooded dwarf leading the way. I have been travelling the woods and haunting the South Gate healing everything that walks by that looks the least bit injured... including the half dead deer. I may have to rethink my willingness to help though after the little black kitten i healed turned aound and sneaked its paw against the side of my head. I thought it was a misunderstanding at first, but the cat smacked me again... so i ran inside screaming bad kitty.. maybe it was just trying to play..

• the pick feels good in my hand again the simple smacking of metal against rock

I have taken to crafting again…. my new duties prevented me from the attempt to return back to my crafting... i am looking forward to turning out endless numbers of skinning knives once more.

I have taken to small excursions by myself into the deep again... maybe not the brightest of ideas, but Temus does much to protect me now... i have grown fond of killing the little goblins with the small exploding rocks. I have "acquired" a few of them, and used them myself... inventive creatures goblins. I attempted to take one of them apart to find out what made them work, that was probably not the brightest of things either...

I saw the strangest thing in the woods the other day.. I was near the grove and i watched as a bear ran by at full speed into the grove... the bear was followed by a hin... and then a human... all running full tilt ignoring everything in their way. I had just come out of the deep, so i was not in the best of shape but figured that this bore investigating, so i followed them into the grove... the normal peace that i feel there was "disturbed" for lack of a better word and not two seconds after walking in there was a bright flash of light from further in, and a bellowing, from the bear i suppose, and then silence...

I felt a presence near the entrance.. a sense of someone there, but it disappeared out of the grove and so i followed it, and i felt it again at the exit, before it seemed to flow into the woods. I saw nothing, though beyond the hin, and bear that came running out of the grove and sprinting towards the road towards Norwick. I tagged along with them for a bit, and returned to town.. still unsure of what had actually happened. Maybe if i sit and listen to some of the gossip around town I will figure it out.

• I had a vision… or a dream or something I can not tell what. As an elf, all my slumber is but memories that I review, but this was different. A visitation maybe. It has never happened in my long life as of yet so I must assume it as something more. A black field of goblins with a single crimson light at the far side, and I knew I had to move to the far side to see what this light was, and so I slew and slaughtered, maimed, mauled and fought my way into the mass of bodies until my shield broke and then my sword, and still i fought with fists and teeth, kicking, screaming bloodied and pulling myself though the mass of bodies until I didn't see faces, or bodies, bt only the red of my own blood flowing into my eyes....

And then I fell...

I thought I was dead.. I was sure I was dead... I opened my eyes expecting the Fugue... instead I saw him.

I have never seen such fighting, he had no weapon but his fists, throwing goblins left and right, crushing heads in his hands, snapping things as he lifted them... a smile on his face... the sheer love of the fight.

"You are mine."

I awoke... weak...

All my life I have called to Tempus, asking for his witness to the battles I have thrown my sword in on...

Now he is answering..