Question on becoming an Undead or the like..

• If Tazlin wanted to, could he be a vampire or some kind of evil creature? is that a possiblity here in Narf?

• heya :twisted:

It doesn't have to be a Vampire..i was just wanting to try something cool..

• @dd1ef72cd7=Custodis:

Hey I know, does anybody want to be a mindless zombie that groans and attacks anything on sight in the Norwick Family Crypt!? No…?

Thanks for the idea!

• Zyphlin is very right.

There are vampire characters on the server played by players, but why have you never met them?

Because they are rare, and fully under DM supervision, all of them veteran players that has earned the trust and respect from the DM team to have such a character and all that comes with it. You will most likely never see them, or know it is them because they keep themselves secret even ooc and they use their powers in a discrete manner or under DM supervision. Those that are Vampires I believe, became one through a long event, unexpectedly, and they did not ask for it.

A good example of a character that has Vampire qualities connected to his character, is open about it, but has no vampire special abilities or is a special character

Torch Khane the Ex Vampire.

He got this by asking the DM’s to approve of his characters background, and sometimes he has personal events associated with his vampire past.

Oh and one thing..

If asked, “Why do you want to be a Vampire?” and your answer is

“It would be cool to be something different and special from everybody else. I don’t really care about the powers (though it is pretty sweet) as much as being something different, I think it would really fit my character and be fun to role-play.”

You would probably not get it. If your answer would be

“I would like the challenge of playing the traumatic experience of loosing my character life and changing drastically in to these creature of undead and all the ups and down, that comes with it. I feel it would give me a whole different perspective of the world of Narfell, having to suddenly trying to portray what it would be like to be truly an outsider hated by all who learned of my newest secret.”

Then you would probably still not get it, but that’s partly what (In my humble impression) they are looking for.

• No i mean why do you NEED the benifits if you would be fine just RPing that you have some of the basics of it. If the main reason you want to do it is not just the RP aspects of being a "vampric character" but more the powers that come from being a vampire, then maybe you'll see why its not just given out to everyone wanting to become a DM.

Why not give a Half-dragon, half-celestial, half-fiendish, lycnatrhope, psionic, chosen of [insert god], and undead tokens to every one so that everyone has a chance to get uber cool powers so they become even more powerful without XP or taking the XP hit like normal ((and no, i'm not talking about any specific person wanting it just like that, nor am i accusing you of being unable to handle it clandra [that names to damn long to write back out;)] but I'm just questioning if people want this power to be able to RP as a vampire like character or beacuse they want all the uber cool abilities of a vampire as well))

as far as everyone wanting to constnatly play dark gothic blood drinking vampires so it over runs the majority of the underground….i'd love to refer you to VAMPIRE the masquarade game going on in IRC

• @815e65b7b5=Zyphlin:

i'm all gothic and blood drinky and stuff

You make that sound bad growls

@815e65b7b5:

And if you can, then ask why you need a token to give you all the benifits?

Because they show up in the examine screen, and you won't get tells like "You need DM permission to play vampire n000b!1"

• Think of it this way:

Undead has been given on the server a few times, to long trusted players, as part of story lines. Probably the reason for this is numerous.

One of the BIGGEST reasons for this is its a huge power hike in a low power world. Its like buffing your ECL a good 3 points while not bumping how much XP you need. So a 6th level getting an undead/vampire token would suddenly be about on par with a 9th level with the same XP as 6th, and needing the same to 7th to hit them on par with a 10th. Manage to get to 11th level with a token like this and suddenly you are the highest level on the server…higher then Vino, Kanen, Call

There are a lot of deep RP things that go into it as well. Its not "oh god, i'm a vampire, now i got these cool uber powers and can do this stuff and i'm all gothic and blood drinky and stuff".

Finally, token/race things and special things on narfell from what i've seen are supposed ot be that "special". If every tom dick and harry in the underdark that thought it was cool to suck blood (you'd be AMAZED how many there are), or like undead, or other such thing would be undead/vampire or a tiefling or a drow, etc it would be almost the entire underground player base. It loses its flavor, the uniqueness, and the atmosphere of narfell really.

And here is the question you have ot ask yourself, espicially the numerous "i want to be vampire" people. Would you be happy simply RPing that you're slightly vamparized, meaning you have small fangs and can suck blood and enjoy it. But you get no negatives, no positives of being a vampire or an undead. If you can be satisified with something like that. And if you can, then ask why you need a token to give you all the benifits?

• gives Phelan0 two of her chars for the count

• Starts the count of how many that want to be undead.

• I'm pretty sure it's possible…But you'd definitely need a CT, DM permission and some DM support.