Gypsy Survivor Counterstrikes

• Alvar Blackwood can be seen talking to surviving Gali and especially the elders of the former camp about possible counterstrikes against the gnolls and demons who currently occupy the camp. He makes it known that he desires to be on hand for any military operations that take place and would like to sit in on strategic discussions.

((Please post game times, strategies, event times, etc. With my hectic RL schedule, I don't want to miss out on anything like the first assualt that I could have been on hand for but had no idea it was going on. I can work my schedule around the Narf events but not if I don't know when they are going to happen. I might be missing an assault right now as I write this, but I wouldn't know. Still my character should know, so that's why I started this thread. He might not have known that the first strike was going to happen, but he would certainly make it his business to know about any PC counterstrikes. So please, help a poor busy fella out.))

• "'Dog God Nog'", Alvar says as he sharpens his sword. "'Coo Ar Nog'… Hakar. At least we have a name."

• Arandor remains strangely silent throughout the ordeal, either listening closely to everyone, or not at all, lost in his own thoughts. He looks to Cera as she recounts the visions and memories. Eyes narrowing somewhat as she drives the shards into her arms and temple, he fights not to avert his gaze, watching her… Finally he turns his gaze to Alvar as he speaks.

"Her mind may be in many places at once, but it is not gone… If she thinks that finding her pieces will somehow help, then I think it would be wise to believe her, and do everything we can to find them."

He looks to the fire and seems to lose himself in it as he continues speaking.

"I am told that the King was slain by Tero… When he was questioned under the effects of a truth spell, he broke free from his bonds and fled into the Nars. The name written in flame is that of the demon god the Gnolls now worship. The demon god from where the draw their strength, and I believe they are trying to summon him into our world. Our only chance is to find a way to stop him from entering our plane... And if he already has, then we must find a way to banish him... As he has been before."

He pokes at the coals with a stick, tending to the flames, and sets it back down.

"We already know that strength of arms buys us nothing but time. We will have to seek out alternate methods of driving the Gnolls and their fell god out of our home. Research his name, but do not speak it aloud… It's bad luck to do so, and offers him more respect then he deserves... I call him Dog Nog... Or the Dog God Nog. You can thank Tala for that nick name."

He manages a small smile and wraps an arm around Tala's shoulders

"One way or another we will take back our home, drive the Gnolls out, banish their god and return those filthy flea bags into the mere thorn in our side they've always been… And even then hunt them down ruthlessly, to ensure they remain scattered and leaderless..."

• A fairly large group of adventurers, consisting of Kara, Khaya, Meril, and a gali //only mentioning some of the more famous names here, my apologies to any I missed//
    headed into the pass, where they relighted the fires, and fought a fierce battle with the gnolls and demons. After a large charge of the vile dogbeasts, they retreated into the Nars pass. Here, they met Tero, with whom words were had. Members of the group called him a traitor, and the word "Kingslayer" was used. Shortly after, the gali woman who traveled with the group, fairly commonly known as a Sunite Paladin by the name of Belade Galadon, is seen in Peltarch, Norwick and Jiyyd, looking for any priests and clerics of good dieties, especially Kelemvorites.

• tala repeats what she knows for alvar

@fe96fe8f51:

tala remembers the king's eye and his overall health and decides to let Tero be the go between. Speaking in hushed tones to him she recounts some information

Kara told me of the rescue mission… "the captured from the 'attacks' were taken back deep into their territory and then sacrificed on an altar..

When we arrived, the gnolls appeared to be working with the cultists doing the sacrificing and winged demons presumably summoned from their foul actions. None were left alive around the altar."

So that is both good and bad news.

Further another friend found information regarding who they were or are trying to summon. pulls a parchment from her pack she reads from it, for the benefit of the gathered elders and trusted camp members, before handing the copy to Tero

Amongst the ranks of the demon princes, Yeenoghu is one of the most powerful and most feared. He dwells in a great mansion the size of a large city. It rolls across the barren salt-waste of his layers, pulled by slaves and controlled by gnolls.

Yeenoghu resembles a human in general form, but only at first glance. His head is that of a hyena, his chest is canine in form, his hands are paw-like, and his feet are pawed. Yeenoghu is thin to the point of being skeletal, and his only body hair is a mangy crest of putrid yellow from his head to his mid-back. Yeenoghu’s skin is a dead gray in color, and it is smooth. His eyes are lambent amber and large.

voice drops even lower and points to a word on the scroll no one knows what this word means....

looks gravely at Tero and Elera

Teah, amorphous entity, wielder of noodles ~~~~

Tala Arniman (someday Silmarien) - Ranger keeping the woods safe
    Belin Dolvak - bugs someone say they saw bugs?

Teah@narfell.com

~=][=~ The Wolves of Narfell ~=][=~ [/quote:fe96fe8f51]

((and the link to the thread where this was originally))

http://www.narfell.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24372

• "Poor poor Cera. Her mind is gone. What does this mean? Twins? A betrayal by sword master Tero? Who is Yeenoghu, the name burned into the ground by night? Please, if anyone can shed some light upon these dark times, speak up"

Alvar rubs his temples. Just give me an enemy to thrust my blade into, he thinks. We need leadership.

• ::Carving into her arms and templesf with broken pieces of mirror while she sits at this meeeting, she weeeps as she recounts, driving the shards deeper when her flashback from recounting what she knows grows a little to intense to otherwise bear::

This is all Mojo knows. This all Baba Katya's nightmare visions come true. They're seared into Mojo's head.

Fire stones and dust. They burn my eyes.
    Soaring fiends cover our corpses like flies.
    Can’t you hear them? They come.
    With every beat of that drum.
    Deceivers. Tricksters. Closer with each sound.
    Twins, once thought to protect, now cut us down.
    Remember your days dancing in the sun.
    ::twists a mirror shard into her temple::
    Savor the eternal rest where we will live as one.

Gems from the sky scorch the land.
    Gathered feverishly for a divine plan.
    In the shadows a colleague schemes.
    Our death at his hands, a nightmarish dream.
    Twins take our bodies to the graves.
    His soul begs for redemption as he prays.
    Demons laugh as they fall.
    Rising again as we watch in awe.

::twists the shard in her temple a little harder::

Yeenoghu…Yeenoghu...Yeenoghu...Yeenoghu!! It's all Mojo's fault! All MOjo's fault. T...T...The bogeymen... ...T-.-t T. T- Ter- Ter- Ter.. Tero... Ter..... He ..was the Twin the twin whos sould begs forgiveness..who carrried our bodies to the graves..whoo once was thought to protect...Mojo felt iti n her heart and still didn't do anything int ime. if only MOjo had her pieces.. we..we could save Kind Lady Katya.. KINDG LADY NOO! NOOOOO!

::At this point her testimonial devolves into screams of utter terror and abject horror at the vivd memories replayed before her eyes, leaving Cera curled up in a fetal ball, rocking to and fro and forgetting all about her cuts and the shard stilll odged in her temple From this point on she shrieks in fear and rcoils from anyone who tries to touch her or even come near.

• Alvar Blackwood gathers as many Gali together as he can find for a talk around a large bonfire lit in the forests east of Jiyyd. The topic of the meeting is the current gnoll occupation of the camp. After brief pleasantries he begins the meeting by trying to ascertain what is already known about the occupying army.

"The camp has stood for many, many long years. We cannot allow the occupying force to remain. We must gather our knowledge and make plans. What do we currently know about them? How did they become organized? Who is leading them? Please everyone, speak if you have something to say."

With that, he turns the discussion over to the next Gali.

((If you are a Gali or Romani or a DM playing such, please assume you were at the meeting if you wish. The feel of the meeting is one of those old Native American sweat lodge scenes in the movies where all the chiefs sit around the council fire.))

• A large adventuring group headed to the camp to see about bringing some destruction to the gnolls, the party consisting of Tolin, Uthger, Chaevre, Sywyn, Sil, and Meril (sorry if i forgot anyone) and a few others killed all the gnolls that challenged their presence in the camp before moving deeper into Gnoll territory, they then proceeded down into the cold caves, they returned from the excursion about 2 days later in good shape and great spirits, they would claim they were met with little resistance, having only planned on dealing a blow to the gnolls and not getting too near the main army.

((for those of you who had to leave early before we went to thecaves post dont be afraid to add your story so your not excluded))

• Llach and his cousin Alvar Blackwood have been seen making forays into the spider woods, Llach always carrying flasks of water. Alvar seems resigned to 'stand guard while Llach does Llach stuff'.

The quiet (understatement) druid seems especially worried that with the camp in the hands of the gnolls and the demon shamans that it is just a matter of time before they expand into the spider woods and threaten the dryad. He is most often found in those woods, now.

MND/Vortext

• ((Thanks. Also PC quests would be highly welcomed.))

• Council of Moradin

((I will make sure that I post here if anything gets set))