The Dockworkers have something to talk about...

• Shortly after a rousing speach by the man Azliar, people dispersed, heading back to their respective districts of residence. They talked about elections, change, and their lives.
    A few of them, inevitably walking back to the docks to get back to their work and lives find a lady in purple and black, sitting atop a crate outside in the middle of the street with a decent gathering around her, joking and laughing.
    Seeing the arivals from the city hall speach she throws a bag of gold to a nearby man.

_"Get some more drinks for our friends that have just arrived, compliments of our absolutely stunning friend Zyphlin. But we have more important things to talk about.

Ok, so we all love our marvelous friend Azilman… Azlilo..."_

She allows one of the nearby people to correct her on the name, laughing it off a little.

_"Why doesn't everyone have an easy to say name like E'leftynen?

Well this friend of ours has big firey speaches. He speaks of change, real change, fast change, and forced change. But has he ever said how?

Really people, think for a moment. Do you really think you're just going to walk into that government building as a rag-tag, jumbled group of people that barely know each other and walk back out rich happy and with a new government that loves you?

Come back to reality!

How many of you work on the docks or have a buisness connected to the docks in some way? Most of you, right? They don't call this the docks district for no reason. All of you are really alike, look at this crowd gathered around you. You all have the same lifestyle, all suffer the same pains. I have walked among you and seen all of this left after the terrible fighting that broke out in these streets years ago.

Now some of you may want me to get to the point because you have children at home to feed, but I say this. A group that works the shop that some of you may know as Leti's Market have seen your problems. The members of this group are not there because they are rich and own many ships, they are there because they are smart. For a long time, these people under the support of your lovely magistrate Zyphlin –who coincidentally sponsored your drinks tonight-- have been planning, and figuring out how we can help you all unite.

Listen close now, because this is the important part. You all may seem insignificant by yourself; if you walked out of your job because you wanted enough money to feed all four of your kids, your boss would ignore you.
    Think what you could do together! If all of you walked out of that same job saying that you needed a few coppers each a week so that you all could feed your four kids they would have to listen!

Your bosses pay you as little as possible so that when they exploit the ship captains to unload their ships they make a lot of money and you go home with barely enough for soup. They go home to soft couches and a roaring fire.

We don't want that!

We want everyone to be able to go home to their family, their spouse and children, and be able to say that they are going to be able to have chicken for dinner that weekend instead of broth!

And that's not all! When you all unite you can come home to your families and say to them: 'The dockworkers union is petitioning for elections!'

And the current senate can't say no to you. There are more of you working here in the docks district than anywhere else in the city.

If your bosses think they can fire you for a few days, knowing you'll come back because you need food, they'll be rudely surprised. The group that works in Leti's Market is sponsoring you! We will feed you untill you get what you deserve if your bosses fire you. They'll come crawling to your feet for once, asking you to come back to work.

Don't let the bosses intimidate you with thugs. The magistrate has already voiced his support for these actions and he won't let unlawful actions undo them.

If you don't believe me, ask the high priestess Corana. She herself has even said that she and her church support this union and I don't think that your bosses will want to get on her bad side. No one want's the church of the sea queen on their back in a port oriented city. In fact there are even crews like Deacon's Sails which Corana is a part of that have told me that they'll help out where possible. You've a lot of powerful people on your side."_

Ting allows the people gathered a short while to mumble between themselves and drink their free drinks.

_"So now people, come together under the Dockworkers Union of Peltarch!

Act today for a better future for your city and a better home for your children!"_

Ting hops off the crate leaving a large bundle of raven's feathers and a small instruction notice stating that in order to show support for this union, tuck one of these feathers so it is visible in your belt or sash and she will take care of the rest.

• ((Er, that was totally OOC for me to forget that… Under when I mentioned Corana I meant to put mention of the church and The Sails. I will edit))

• Deacon agrees fully with the speach, but seems dissapointed his name is not mentioned, nor that of the church

Ting..

.. We need to chat.