Of Waukeen

• Devath stands in the marketplace, gathering commoners and merchants alike around himself.

_People of the City, I am Devath. Shaman of Trade of the Heyokarr Tribe and faithful servant of Waukeen. Many of you may already know me. I come here once every tenday to bless the market and the shops in their honest trading. For that is the domain of Waukeen. Honest trade is the true path to wealth, and the one that will bring prosperity to all parties. Thieves only take for themselves, and give nothing in return. Their greed threatens to destroy all that good and honourable merchants and servants of Lady Gold have worked so hard to build.
    Look around you at this city. Is it not build on trade and gold? Gold raises the grand halls of the city. Gold pays guards and warriors that protect you. Gold that came from honest trade, fair and true.
    In this place, where gold flows as a river, the future is built, a coin at time. From all across the known world, travellers and traders come to buy and sell, bringing strange and wonderful goods.

So offer prayers of thanks to Waukeen, the lady of trade and gold. That she may bless your trading with profit and fortune. Turn to her if your trading is true and fair, for She will keep you safe from those that would lie and cheat you out of your well-deserved possessions. Her servants, as I, will keep you safe in your travels between settlements. If your faith is true, and your trading honest, than you will be safe from bandits and monsters. Trough trade, all of Narfell may prosper and grow. Peace, trade and prosperity walk together. If one fails, the others will as well.

You, living in this city of gold, this Jewel, have much to thank Waukeen for. So say her name in praise when you trade, and she will bless you with wisdom and insight in your undertakings._

• Varimathras is seen conversing with the shaman Devath shortly afterwords:

Aye, a beautiful and eloquent sermon, though I wish the just hand of Waukeen would depose the blasphemous and substantial barriers to honest free trade practised within these city walls; wretched legislation that spits upon, disgraces, the good name, creed and principles of the golden lady. An annulment of the so called "smuggling" act, and the not-inconsiderable red tape and bureaucracy of Peltarch with regards to commerce comes to mind specifically.

• Wog sits around near the back not really paying attention, as the sermon finishes he sighs and wanders off

• A female figure clad in azure and gold watches the sermon from the back of the crowd with a smile. And then she is gone.