Neppi has a dream

• The quick slapping of bare feet echo down the corridor and a small figure stands before the simple wooden door to Daisy's cell ((as in monestary cell, or monk's room, not a place you put prisoners)). A balled fist hits the door franticlly, and even though it doesn't make much sound, the door quickly opens and the High Priestess scoops up the little orphan into her arms.

"Neppi, is it the dream again?"

The tiny figure burrows tightly into Daisy's embrace, eyes closed, the voice high pitched in embarassement and fear.

"It was him again, the one in the dark. He wasn't happy. I think someone put him in the dark. He wanted to go somewhere, but someone was keeping him from going, he couldn't go until he did something, and it was bad…very bad."

"Do you know what it was? Do you know what was the bad thing they wanted him to do? Could you see him better this time?"

"No High Priestess...he was in the dark and he couldn't even see his hands, and when he tried to talk he couldn't move his mouth, even when I tried to talk to him he wouldn't listen. The bad thing...it was coming from inside...it was coming from his belly, and he was making it go in his hands, and then into something else. He couldn't see it and I couldn't see it, but I'm scared. Then a big man in the dark armor took it and went into the black. Can I sleep with you tonight?"

With a patient sigh, Daisy closed her door with one foot and gently carried the orphaned girl to her pallet, lay her gently down and stroked her hair for a moment, singing a lullabye and thinking to herself of the skull that was brought to Neppi, and "Uncle Esther". Since that day the poor child had been having more nightmares, nebulous ones, but from her experience she knew that those that gained the attention of the dead became entwined between both worlds, and she must find a solution to bring peace once more, both to her chanrge and hopefully, to the man in the darkness.