Lollipops and Fireballs and Ogres OH MY!!!

• ((first of all I think I can safely offer a huge thanks for a incredibly fun and most certainly very different sort of adventure to everones favorite wolf hound RW claps here here!))

This story starts as any one worth telling does. An average day for an average sort of man in an not so average city filled with not so average citizens. The resulting mixture, as you can speculate, has the potential to turn a perfectly reasonable day into one born out of the imagination of a half-insane bard. This day which I will unfold to you, I daresay, is one such day.

A big man, taller than most with the girth and solidness to back it, with an imposing presence though gentle seeming smile strides through commons. He approaches his newly acquired master of arms and friend the famed fiery haired paladin known primarily as Kara Du'monte (Kara the killer within closer circles) and promptly seats himself without waiting for an invitation as is customary for him. Why give them a chance to say no? Everyday that is no normal day is made so primarily by one driving factor, whether it be spell, circumstance, or a force of nature. This day t'was a person possessed of a most peculiar disposition with an odd cowboy hat tilted at an equally peculiar angle. Wearing the mischievous sort of grin a mother would quail at if seen on her darling boy, she had in her hand such a confection as has not been seen, I daresay though cannot affirm with total accuracy, anywhere else in the realms. A confection so sweet, sticky, and delicious one might argue their creation was inspired by the gods themselves were it not for the plainly written 'Gnomish Lollipop' wrapper sealing in its divine sweetness. This day, however, as I have stated was one such where oddities run rampant and things progress in a way that one could not have forseen had they been a person possessed of a rational mind. But this is Faerun, land of the irrational! If you've any dispute to this claim one has only to look at the overwhelming number of bards populating the region. As I said, this being a most peculiar day those divine confections lovingly referred to as 'Gnomish Lollipops' had an extra little something added to them, sentience and one possessed of a most foul and wrathful disposition if I may say so. The aforementioned lovely cowboy hat wearing mischief maker began with an innocent seeming inquiry as to the nature of said lollipop by waving it about in a wreckless, but expected given her nature, manner. BOOM! a fireball flies overhead, showering those in the commons with sparks and small licks of flame and sails out toward the giant spire. Needless to say the small crowd of famous figures consisting of the ones known as: Kara, Sierra, Tom Roele, Mariston, Marcus, and Constantin and the not so famous figure of Bryn a simple woodcutter from Amn, were astounded and confounded and quite literally engulfed by a burning need to know what had happened. Off the brave, and arguably foolish, adventurers set. Following the trail of fire from the enormous ball and the questionable directions of the sentient confections they scaled the very mountains of the giant spire….then promptly scaled back down them. Why? don't ask...just please don't. Battling ogres grunts, mages, and blistered fingers our unlikely....well very likely heroes proceeded with much gusto to find the fireball that had startled them so. Find it they did thanks to the vehement direction of an increasingly ill humored confection and at it's center lay a black box...enspelled with many deadly traps and surrounded by equally deadly Ogre mages. Kara, being the one most prone to massochism, ofcourse offers to spring the conspicuous trap and subject herself to a delightful 'bout of swords stabbing through the ground all about her and a beam of blinding light bursting upon her. After she'd had her fun she then opens the box and with much oggling and amidst much ooing and ahhing takes out gleaming armaments. At which point our poor large not so well known woodcutter Bryn is shocked to death by a mage. Distressed his newly made companions assault the ogre mage with such a ferocity that nothing was left of said ogre but a veritable pile of flesh sliced and diced al a carte style. To the party's great relief the man was possessed of the gods' favor and was restored almost immediately....only to fall to a fireball a few minutes later. Bound and determined to be dead, the party had no choice but to carry Bryn and his possessions on a wild race back to the city before the ogres could tear them to pieces. Beset on all sides it was a most fortuitous occurence indeed that living legends such as the great rogue extroadinaire Linah Lossell and the priestess of Ohgma known only as Khaya happened by them. Worth mention also was a mister Nico Black, much sought after merchant whose wares span from this to that and everything in between. Not overly possessed of a great sense of direction, the party ended up lost for hours but persevered thanks to Khaya's healing spell and much arduous fighting. Having finally escaped the clutches of madness the party saw fit to bring back poor Bryn from beyond the veil of death once more, if only to have a far more fitting end and unloaded unto him all his possessions in life and a bit more. The gleaming armor found in the chest was gracefully declined by sir Mariston and accepted by Bryn as he'd nothing of value to his name, as it stood and everyone in the party'd possessed fine armors already. An equally shiny shield of blockingness was bestowed upon the knight gallant Marcus Santistivan who then generously gave his old but still shiny shield to unfortunate Bryn. With rewards settled and one more adventure under the belts of the veterans and a first adventure under the belt of perhaps not so unfortunate Bryn, this was most certainly a day of days by anyone's reckoning.

• ((put me in the box! hehehe…thanks for the fun guys...I needed a laugh like that))

• Peltarch Far Scouts

claps Good job!

• claps hands happily Well told friend, well told!!