Oscura - OOC queries

• I gather that Oscura was founded by Corde Sharr'dak. Is there any information on the importnant NPCs, structure and other stuff available about Oscura yet? Are the Tribunal still running things, for instance? Who are the Disciples of Bones? Why does Talona get an altar in the temple and not, say, Loviatar? How does one become a resident of Oscura, is that an alternate spawn point (like the Alliance Inn) or an exclusive town citizenship like Arnath was? There was talk of a monastery being there, but it wasn't clearly labelled and I didn't want to go trying random doors and wandering around down there because the residents might not like that.

How much of that sort of thing is 'Find out In Game' and how much should be obvious to a resident or a frequent visitor?

• I was thinking of that, just have to discuss it with Wyk and SK a bit first.

• One quick question: Since Oscura is so easily accessed and is considered a real functioning city, will the forum for it be opened up for those who are not non-citizens to see?

• post moved…. 😛

• If you think your character has justification to hold dual citizenship then go about it IG. My leanings atm is to make it strickly one citizenship unless you can truly prove why you need two. In such cases it will be handled case by case. Each being based on its merrits.

• My plan with Keira was to be a member of the Norwick militia with sympathy for Arnath, rather than citizenship there. If the Tribunal felt that a sufficient need merited some behaviour utterly incompatible with continued Militia duty, she'd leave and live in Arnath. It never arose and Arnath fell before anything concrete could be implemented.

Keira's current allegiance and religious identity are in some personal flux.

• Having citizenship to Oscura gives you benefits, but right now because my PC is a Cerulean Knight she is required to hold citizen papers in order to be considered a defender in peltarch, one of the reasons i joined the CK was to have authority in the big city which was to be a great asset to the underground at the time, and thus far it has proven to be so, but i dont want to lose out on the benefits of living Oscura because of something i did originally for Arnath. though i have already been told i cannot have dual citizenship i would be willing to try and persuade my way out of needing pelt citz to be a member there…

• First off, SK pretty much answered the initial questions. Concerning the Tribunal, I still want to keep that intact. I will need to set up a meeting soon about this.

As for duel citizenship, I am against it. Being a member of Oscura only will have its benefits, which you will have to find out IG.

Spawns will be added in neighboring areas to keep folks of every level happy, hopefully. I'll have to sort this out with SK.

Keep the questions and concerns coming, I want to make this a fun place for you all and your input helps.

• Okay…why in the Hell would you want more spawns? :? Thats just being a little unfair to lower level PC's that want to visit Oscura dont you think?

I agree with you Attlen on the Formians being Higher Risk/Lower Reward. (I like where the Formian caves are positioned near Oscura though...For some reason I didn't even see them when I first visited.) The Formians have never given me any Loot, and they have never given me ANY xp, except maybe when I was really low level like 3 or 4, but they were way to hard to fight at that level so...On top of all this you can't use any magic in those caves. So no healing which makes it more difficult.

Ok what I'm trying to get at is...can we fix this so that Formians give some kind of reward, wether it is Loot that can be sold at Oscura, or some xp?

• Formians are notoriously high pain/low reward. They're immune to a lot of things (sneaks, criticals, and mind spells of note), use poison, and never gave xp or loot to any of my Arnath PCs.

That said…"any of my arnath PCs" consisted entirely of one 9th level monk. 😉

• I'll be happy to add spawns in the area, there are formian spawns nearby.

• I would ask that MORE spawns be put in between the cities, and around Obscura. I would rather we have something to do down there than make it easy to just leave.

• Ahhh ok I had been told that but I wasn't sure. There have been more than a few times they've been there for me….but Im sure the DM's do it on purpose to me though 😛

• Those are DM'ed spawned things i believe ace not naturally spawning

• Hmm…I have thought about the Dual Citizenship thing some more. I think Zyphlin has a pretty good point. Oscura is a lot closer so the Dual Citizenship might not be neccessary. However if there would be no dual citizenship then I would like to see the Zombies and Undead taken out of the Chasm or something making it easier to leave Oscura after spawning, and to travel to other towns. That way you arent couped up in Oscura...cause let me tell you...those Undead a friggin tough lil' buggers :x

• I'm really hoping for no duel citizenship. It worked for arnath being so far away from ANYONE and spawns. However oscura is near by everything and such shouldn't do duel citizenship as that just promotes people to just spawn there during event times.

• The monestary is a shrine of unarmed training operated by monks of the Iron Fist and devoted to the Tyrant Lord, Bane.

The monks are disciples of The Nameless Monk, Tribunal of the Old City.

• Thanks for all the answers SK. That helps alot 🙂

((no that is not sarcasm I really appreciate the answers))

• Alright, I'll handle the questions as they have been listed.

1. No, Corde did not found the city. That would be incorrect.
    2. NPC structure, find out ig. But the basic groups from Arnath are still around, Black Lotus, Falcons, Sisters, the dwarves etc…
    3. Who runs the city is always changing, best bet is to find out IG.
    4. You become a citizen of the town by applying IG, it requires a Tribunal member at the moment and a DM.
    5. Yes, if you were a citizen of Arnath you can now spawn in Oscura.
    6. As for the dual citizen-ship, thats under discussion. As the new city is a town like any other it would not seem fair to the other players who have to walk to other cities.

Hope this helps and any more questions will be answered as they are posted. With a semi helpful answer of course that may or may not be completely accurate.

• Yeah, I'm with Flom on that. I have my Bloody Rag from Arnath still, along with my Peltarch Papers. Back when I first became a citizen to Arnath I was a Jiyyd Citizen but thats beside the point. I loved being able to either spawn down in Arnath or up in Jiyyd. It was very convenient at the time. I think this should be allowed to the people who seek out Oscura and get Citizenship IG.