A letter to Grag, Amana, and the Council from Scutum

• I'm glad o the direction o the town, and I'm happier to be livin here more than ever. I've a request for a bit more information in the matter o Keira, a new apprentice o mine at the Monastery.

The lass's story to me were she were banned from town on account o suggestin that folks offer a sacrifice to Auril to stop a big storm what come through town. Now, I know she's a bit different from a lot o folks, but I know she's not one what has evil in her heart, as Amana can attest to, but I'm sure I don't need to tell ye about the beliefs and superstitions o simple folks what don't worship evil gods but make offerin's o appeasment, like sailors do with the sea bitch Umberlee. I'm no priestess, but I think there's a difference between worshippin a deity and makin an offerin to a deity ye don't worship.

I'd like to know the other side o the story if I can, and if the bannin's goin to stand, I'd like to know how I'm goin to be allowed to get my student in and out o town for purposes o gettin to the Monastery and carryin out her duties.

Scutum Hedges
    Elder o the Silver Valley
    Most Wise Sister o the Four Winds