The Defender of Just Retribution

• An idealistic young paladin has been seen around town lately. His speech is a bit archaic, but his heart seems filled with good intent. Oddly enough, though, he claims to follow the Doombringer Hoar, and has been heard spouting propaganda along the lines of "Evil will befall those of evil intent, and good those of good." How will young Hastion's quest to reward all good and punish all evil turn out? Only time will tell.

• Hestion is now openly calling for just retribution against the "deep gnomes" allegedly responsible for the recent war machine destruction of Jiyyd. In addition to advocating punishment for evil, the young paladin is promoting just reward for those who did good in defending the town and repairing it in the wake of disaster.

((This is actually more of a rumor/Hoarite target thread than a background story, although I refrained from putting it in the Jiyyd rumors thread for the sake of continuity. I actually do have a Historical Archive post in the works for the near future, if I ever get around to it… 😎 ))

• The Halfling Defence League

((umm why don't you post this in the historical archives instead? you might even get xp for it…...)) 😐

• The young Hoarite champion of good was reputedly the victim of a mugging not long ago, suffering the loss of his spear, nicknamed "retribution's sting" in honor of his god. He has since devoted the brunt of his energy to trying to remember exactly who was behind the crime, so that he can be appropriately punished by the divine will of the Lord of Three Thunders.