Scolding Children

• A human lad is seen running like mad around the Jiyyd well. Yellin and chasing closely behind is a heavily armored dwarf.

As the human screams in vain for help, the dwarf retorts to stop running like a goblin shortie and take his medicine like a man.

Finally the chase ends and with a single swat of the flat side of his axe, the human's punishment is doled out.

A small crowd gathers and a rucus ensues. The dwarf shrugs it all off, explaining that if people want to act like chidlren, they will be treated like children.

He continues that he did not now that the lad was so frail, actually a bit shocked that the swat from his axe almost broke the fellow in two.

"kin children nae have dat problem. Many a manners was taught with deh flat side of an axe. How was me teh know dis feller was as weak as a wiltin flower?"

Once again the overzealous legion and religious fanatics try to make more of the situation, but the dwarf casually shrugs it off.

He points a finger at the two humans, Ty and Oreth, giving them a stern warning.

"Interfere wit me business agin, anna we wills have anudder talk"

He waves the eager legionaiire and her book, shaking his head and laughing at her sorry version of events.

Catching up to Dwin, they head out towards Orumpr.

"<d>_the last swat was for his comments questioning my manhood."

Leaving the petty squabble behind them, they head out the east gate.*_</d>

• Oreth is, for his part, rather quiet about the whole thing after giving his initial report of the events to Lyte. He responds rather indignantly to any accusations of racism, however….

My quarrel is with Dwin and Foilir alone, for their brutality and threats. It is presumptuous of them, and an insult to the dwarven race as a whole, to assume that they are the paragons of all that is dwarven, and the representatives of all dwarves everywhere, and speaking ill of them is speaking ill of dwarves. If I were a dwarf, I'd be somewhat offended…

Also, I do hope that when the Jiyyd council decides on this, that one of the council members making the decision isn't dwin himself...kindof foolish to allow one of the perpetrators to pass judgement on the crime. :: shrugs :: But the town is run by helmites, and, with certain exceptions, I give them enough credit where matters of judgement are concerned to assume they thought of that already.

He otherwise simply watches his back in Jiyyd, making sure not to step out of sight of at least one other person as long as he is within the town, as he waits for the council to make their decision.

• Raryldor seems somewhat aggravated upon hearing these allegations, and begins preparing hold spells in contingency for these "juvenile Norwickian outbursts".

• * Dwin seems to forget what they were all talking about as he takes his heavy box o coin quickly into the Tortuous Crafting Hall. As he peaks into the box, his eyes seem to almost glaze over in pure happiness.*

• Legion

Walks out of the Legion Halls with a small box hands it to Dwin ((Just need DM to give it to you bro RP that u been payed and OOC bugg me DM has not been aorund ig to drop the ocin on me…)) Dwin here be yer payment fer the seige weepons.... an 2 cases uf ale fer the late payment... surry tuuk so lung but we went broke frum war .... Now all dis shite talkin take it outside de gates pleese me guts kids runin about as defense council leeda me needs ye take yer ass whuupins outsides... An looks to Foilir whut ye stannin takin insults frum a bard? winks to Zyph an nut smackin him aside de heed? ye unly save yer smackin fer druids? chuckles and goes to check in with all the guards

• Looks at Dwin and just shakes his head at yet another verbal insult directed toward a dwarf by a Peltarch citizen. *

• smirks a bit hearing them

Right. Just because I am thier friend doesn't change that i'd uphold the law. I considered Robyn a older sister and still found her guilty and banished her from peltarch and had her in jail for months. But just becuase they're my friends doesn't mean they suddenly get screwed by the law because of that friendship. Gods, for a race that is considered usually lawful you two are ignorant.

• @87b3d0e5e4=Zyphlin:

Jirka, for someone that nearly started a war because they stuck thier nose in someone elses buisness i'm wondering where the hell you come off telling me not to stick my nose somewhere when a good friend of mind just got assulted

Looks to Dwin as they walk to the forge

" <d>see? You can't get a fair ruling. He can't seperate law from friend. Me expected too much, methinks."</d>

• Laughs listening to dwin and claps

That take you what, Three? Four days to memorize that little spiel. So your all's little mob has extended to jiyyd and trying to use your grasp there to do your own brand of attrocities once more. Who'd have guess that

Looks at folir and smirks

Oh sure sure, go ahead. Somehow you working with barrim doesn't surprise me one…little....bit. I hope he takes you case into his Fist and raises it up high. I'm looking into a few reports myself already.

Looks to jirka confused

Jirka, for someone that nearly started a war because they stuck thier nose in someone elses buisness i'm wondering where the hell you come off telling me not to stick my nose somewhere when a good friend of mind just got assulted

• Council of Moradin

After all the rumors and talk about the brawl Jirka exits the templebuilding and heads out to Jiyyd.

- Te ells be wrong wit ye all?

She looks at the people supporting the dwarfs and the ones supporting the druid

- Since when did everyun care fer un fight? Git on wit yer buisness before me get angry fer ye interuptin me buildin. Leave te fight te de uns doin te fight, nae come ere threatenin frem other citys. Mind yer own buisness. This nae te first time un fight appen.

She mutters about crying for nothing and heads back to the temple

• "And if dey continue this pattern of harassment dat has started of late… Deh pattern of Peltarch citizens hounding anna harassin dwarves dat live in yeh city, me expects yeh to do something about it."

starts to turn a bit red

"Me has already sent a letter teh magistrate Barrim regarding deh actions dat me has been subject to of late. Me pay taxes and played a part in deh retaking of dat city. Dis is how I am treated. Hounded and defamed to the point me has to dish out spankin to children."

turns a bit redder

"..Anna one more thing.. Me is experience in deh art of war anna killin. Wut yeh saw was a spankin. Deh only time me swat sumtin wit deh broadside of me axe, is when it meant teh be done."

nods

"..Gud day sir magistate... Me hope yeh will deal with dis pattern of harassment of yeh citizens in a timely manner. Remember, yeh represent me as well now. At least me hope so."

Truly offended he walks away muttering about prejudices and misconceptions

• Dwin Dolvak, strolls through town in one of his best outfits ("best" being relative). He takes a seat on a bench by the well, and begins speaking in a loud voice.

As a member of the Jiyyd Council, and a resident here in town, I am shocked…and saddened... that such allegations have been made against myself, and my cousin Foilir. This is clearly an act of propoganda against dwarven-kin to spread such rumors of violence and bloodshed.

These allegations of using the crafting halls as... torture chambers? Pure drivel.

One cannot ignore the fact that acts of violence against our kind, both physical and verbal, have increased since we have begun our work building a temple here in Jiyyd.

Dwin sadly shakes his head in what appears to be an almost rehearsed performance.

I only fear that we may have chosen our location poorly…that the rif-raf of the South and the elitist racism of the North are both alive and well in this little hamlet, instead of being non-existent as we had hoped.

He uncharacteristicly folds his hands in an prayer.

Moradin, grant us strength, and forgive these people who have darkness in their hearts.

• Laughs

Folir, I'd advise getting a tutor for you common because apparently you couldn't understand me. I don't really give a shit if Jiyyd gets you all for this or not, that's thier buissness. I'm saying that if you so much as threaten the two of them in peltarch then you'll find me persuing the law. That is why i said "threaten them on peltarch land", that generally means "in peltarch" if you get my drift. Here, let me sound it out better for you

<dwarven>If you threaten either of those men in Peltarch, or on its land, or you lay a finger on them there, then I will have the will of the law be done.

Chuckles a bit and leans back in the seat, relaxing as he waits for Kanen</dwarven>

• Looks at Zyphilin. *

"So yeh is nae goin teh wait fer deh council regarding deh matter? Me is shocked at yeh. It soundin like yeh has already made yeh decision magistrate."

shakes his head

"Maybe wut come out of deh council meetin change yeh mind."

• Laughs loudly smirking to the dolvaks

You damn right city laws extend to your forge. And i'll tell your right now, you so much as threaten Ty or Oreth on Peltarch land and you're going to be running your buisness out of the jail.

• @57a67a0b6f=Koros_Ty:

Ty smirks his gambler's smirk, glancing from face to face in the crowd, ignoring the oh-so-subtle gestures of threat from Dwin and Foilir, sliding their fingers across their throat in what had to be the most original death threat Ty had ever seen . . . From them.

((OOC I never did that.. please remove ))

• A heavily armored dwarf can be seen leaving the Jiyyd council house as he hand delivers a letter asking to resolve this issue.

His cousin Dwin has also spoken with Ragnar to deal with the one sidedness of the over eager legionaire's desire to enforce law, where she has no place doing so. *

"Dis will all be resolved by deh Jiyyd council.."

• He looks around and smiles and waves non chalantly. *

"When yeh spank a child, and he runs… Shame.. Well me expect deh town teh pay retribution to dese two defamers of me reputation."

• Smiling and nodding to Ty he walks off whislting merrily. *

"These vagrants have defamed the wrong merchant. Me will nae stand fer it anna me has tolerated it too long. That goes fer deh legionaire who enjoy makin fun of deh way me speak as well."

• Captain Lyte Bry'Gaede walks into town after a battle with evil giants and trolls to see two dwarves chasing a druid who is not fighting back, and is trying to get the dwarves to stop attacking him in the town commons. Dozens of witnesses are there, watching the proceedings.

A dwarf beat the man unconcious visciously and bloodily, and as close to death as one might come. Kanen Hightower then ran up, and demanded to know why they are doing to this to someone not fighting back, and who was trying to get them to stop, and was yelling for help.

Words. The druid said something the dwarves found offensive, so they beat the man to within an inch of his life.

Laws? These dwarves do not care about the law, and bully whomever they deem says an ill word to them….until someone like Kanen comes along, who can take them, that is.

Bullys are like that.

Lyte notes stoically that they avoid insulting good Kanen, and save thier bullying for everyone else around who questions them on the matter. More than once Kanen has to ask if it is he they are insulting when they tell everyone else around to "mind their own business on the matter" or "you will be next". They politely tell him they are not referring to him, because they know Kanen capable of whipping their asses.

Lord Hightower promises to go to the Council about such murderful lawlessness.

The Captain tries to get neutral statements from uninvolved parties for her report, and then goes to the two who were attacked for their version of events. Everyone agrees that the druid was talking to his friends, and said some poorly chosen remark, that was unwise, but not worth being beaten to death over, and that it was not said directly to the dwarves, but in a private conversation that they overheard. She can find no one else who says anything differently.

She does ask.

The young Captain goes to the dwarves, knowing that there are three sides to every tale, but the dwarves carefully avoid telling the events. The one named Folir claims he beats his "children" to near death and unconsiousness in this same manner when they are "bad". Lyte cannot help but feel sorry for any such child of such a parent, but asks for the facts of what actually happened.

The dwarf squints at her, and tells her she is not "the law" in Jiyyd.

The young Captain cooly points out that she did not come close to murdering another, in Jiyyd, over a few words…and that he is most certainly not the law either, to deal out such punsihment.

The dwarf, unable to offer any defense for what she has just said, walks off, telling her to rudely "Git lost", rather than admitting that he indeed, is guilty of seriously breaking laws of Jiyyd.

Captain Lyte shakes her head sadly at the evil committed by Folir and his companion within the walls of the town she has come to love. She hopes that good and noble Kanen Hightower will take steps to insure the militia acts against this sort of petty, pointless bloodshed from bullys in the future.

If people want to beat upon one another stupidly over a few words, let them have the basic respect for the laws of the town, and take it outside it's walls, she thinks. Lyte suspects an incident like this clearly warrants jail time, otherwise people will be beating one another down for the slightest of insults, on a regular basis.

She is sad to see the crude ruffian aspects of Norwick, as well as the much more active banite presence, making itself home in simple, pleasant and once relaxed Jiyyd.

She will not tolerate such evil in this place, where she works and lives. There is too much good here, and the brawlers and evil-doers have other refuges they can crawl to.

She carefully writes a report on the matter, making sure only what she knows to be the truth is included in it.

• _Having been casually strolling up behind Oreth as he was chased by the frothing, little dwarf—his crossbow cocked but at his side—Ty smirks and idly watches Foilir's little legs pump and his forehead sweat with the exertion of running down Oreth. Ty watches the crowd yell and mumur amongst themselves—Maythor yells for order, while Kanen Hightower seems bewildered and slightly perturbed at the scene.

Finally, Foilir, in full view of the entire crowd of nearly a dozen people, cuts Oreth down viciously. After receiving healing and aid for his wounds, a small circle of people stand before the city council's hall. Ty struts up and calmly announces the transgression of events, as Kanen Hightower demands to know the meaning of things._

"He has broken no law—Oreth was assaulted for asking a meagre question to the Dolvaks, who intruded upon our private conversation by the lake." Swinging his crossbow onto his back, he shoulders it and continues, speaking with a slight sneer. "They walked up upon us and made threats of violence, informing us that the law of the city does not extend to their forge—a building on city lands—wherein they intended to put us to the forge and murder us." Ty smirks his gambler's smirk, glancing from face to face in the crowd, ignoring the contrived insults from the foul-breathed Foilir he seems so apt to share with all and the oh-so-subtle gestures of threat from Dwin, sliding his finger across his throat in what had to be the most original death threat Ty had ever seen . . . From them. "This can not go unpunished, they have enacted violence without provocation." _Ty nods to Lady Lyte of the Legion, and further explanations of the exact events are exchanged, with the aid of Melanie Stern, a witness to the entire ordeal. Oreth speaks with Kanen before the armour-clad knight of Helm moves off, promising to speak with the Council about the matter.

Ty can later be heard roaring with laughter, standing with Melanie with Oreth; he grips his knees and bends over with merriment in between making a few loud but hushed comments to Oreth. In the middle of a fit of laughter, Ty grips his sides and manages:_ "KANEN . . . FREAKIN' . . . HIGHTOWER?!"

EDIT: Details ironed out as per request of Herrold.
    In any case of a point of contention, henceforth:
    @a8082cb58e=Log:

[CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sun Jun 12 22:59:40] Dwin Dolvak: grins at Ty and makes a quick motion across his neck

My apologies for the original slip.