Tempus Fugit

• A thin man in common clothes sits in the Boarshead and relates his story.

"I was running a few errands for some of the folk in town, just trying to earn enough coin for quill and ink. A dwarf and this large armored miss are standing chatting as I race by and call me back, asking why I seem to be in such a hurry."

He smiles. "I explain that I am running a few errands and hoping for a tip, if I am fast. They tell me to be on my way and I complete a bit of bill collecting and head back to pass the time of day with them. The dwarves speech is a little rough and the miss speaks in a distinct accent but they seem pleasant enough folk. Turn s out that they are part of the local militia as the dwarf heads to check the south gate and the miss head to the north. I hear a whisper of a noise behind me, as though someone stepped on my shadow but when I turn there is nobody there. The miss had mentioned that there was an invisible person making trouble in town so I head to tell her."

Shudders a bit "I am just beginning to relate what I heard when a bolt of lightening hits the ground at the crossroads. We move slowly to investigate and the next bolt hits her. She drops to her knees and the bolt after . . . erases her. She was gone gone gone. I run to get the dwarf and he comes back and says 'Oh well, gonna have to find another militia Captain I guess' or words to that effect. Nate and another miss arrive and we begin to look about and investigate. The other miss admits it was her that was invisible and that it had nothing to do with the lightening. We are standing there trying to decide what to do when another bolt returns the militia Captain (I find later her name is Maya) to us. She seems to be enraptured and I try to aid her and am blasted back wards for my efforts. We stand by, ready to help if we can as she undergoes some sort of internal discussion of battle. When she finally returns to her senses we take her to the inn (this one to be exact) and buy her a warm drink while she tells us . . . "

Takes a sip of his own drink before he continues. "She has become a Chosen of Tempus. I don't know how powerful she was before she became that but after she did a short duel with the leader of the local barbarian tribe. The duel was short because he barely got a hit in before he dropped to the ground. I don't know much about weapons but that flaming great axe is NOT something I would want to get hit with. Not at all."

"I suppose I should count myself lucky that I was witness to this great event, just being new to town and all. I know the miss is a nice lass and I think Norwick will be blessed for her presence. But you do wonder, the gods don't pick champions lightly. Most likely something is coming for which a champion will be needed. I surely don't want to get caught in the crossfire of that one. But, if the miss needs someone to stand beside (or more likely behind) her. I will be there, it seems only right dontcha know."

He finishes his drink and heads out, looking to run a few more errands before sundown.

MND/Vortext
    Sarth
    Jerr
    way too many others

//ooc and congrats to Maya for becoming the third PrC on the server