Rue Sin

• Portal to Eternity

"Stabbin out the city's crowd
    Like a dagger fallin on your baby
    Thrill the kill I know you will
    Feed the monster and the lady"

-RZ-

Syne ran warm pale fingertips over soft blue lips. His pale green eyes caught in a searing intensity, locked within those red fire orbs. The time had come. Even here, at the very doorstep of the darkest of paths, he wondered how well he had read her intentions. It did not truly matter. The path was paved in pain. Without moving his unwavering gaze, he slipped the bloodstained curved dagger into her hand. The very dagger that had known so many hearts and heard so many screams. He tightened her hand around the hilt, securing it around the cold, unforgiving metal. He ran his other through her long soft hair. Slowly, he turned her head towards the mouth of a long dark alleyway.

He had told her what lay at the end of that alley. A young girl left homeless after the great plague. She was strong, she had survived, living her days as a begger and her nights as a crated rat. She had caught a deadly glaring eye. Her time was at an end.

"If this is the path you choose," he whispered in her ear, "you must be willing to walk it with no hesitation, for the creatures that live around it will devour you without a moment's thought. There is no coming back from this. The first step is the last."

He took a moment to study her, read her expressions. He was sure she knew little of what she had involved herself in until now. He wondered how much she could take, how far she could go.

With that he took a silent step back and with a slight gesture, disappeared into the shadows. He left her standing there, dagger in hand, and the cold city sky rumbling menacingly above them.

A storm was coming.

• _Make me feel like a beggar
    Make me feel like a thief
    Make me feel like a battle
    That cannot end in peace
    Make me feel like running
    As if I've lost my nerve
    Make me feel like crying
    Tears I don't deserve

Please bleed
    So I know that you are real
    So I know that you can feel
    The damage that you've done
    Oh, Who have I become?
    To myself I am numb, I am numb, I am numb

Is this really living
    Sometimes it's hard to tell
    Or is it just a kind of gentler hell
    Turn out the lights
    And let me stare into your soul
    I was born and bled for you to hold

Please bleed
    Oh, Who have I become?
    To myself I am numb, I am numb, I am numb

Never said thank you
    Never said please
    Never gave reason to believe
    So as it stands
    I remain on my knees
    Good lovers make great enemies

Please bleed
    Oh, Who have I become?
    To myself I am numb, I am numb, I am numb_

((Ben Harper - Please Bleed))

• Pain….agony....hatred....

Syne ran through the cold forests with a ferocity he had never known before. His body pulsed with magical power, his veins coursed with explosive flames. The snow crushed noisily under his heavy feet, the cold winds blew violently towards him, slamming into his pelt. All he could see was blood, all he could smell was blood. His mind swam in it, his body was bathed in it. Blood…it was the only pure thing he had known in his life. There had been something else recently...the taste of sweat. He remembered the smell of it...the smell of it on her...bringing him the calm nothing else could.

Now that had changed. Now the thought brought no more joy, no more comfort. It brought only a salty bitterness he wanted desperately to wash away with the copper rich taste of his victim's lifesource. His lord had abandoned him, his organization had faltered, and now the one woman he trusted.....

Syne roared as he ran, his feral face becoming more demonic than bestial. In his wake, all things fled or died. He had no idea where he was going, or when he would stop. He only knew the blood rage had become too great for him to resist...and he did not want to. He fell into the feeling, and let himself become one with the creature.

For the first time in years, he felt liberated.

• ((No I'm not that talented 😉 It's originally two pictures from Luis Royo that I reworked a bit and put together :), but the previous one is mine 😛

Thanks for the feed back 😄 hugs))

• ((Amazing artwork. You did this?))

:omg:

• Walking away

"In my dreams I cry.
    Tears of blood,
    Tears of blood…"

The day had been rainy again. She let her fingers run along the side of the window, looking at the valley across the shrouded glass. The water blurred the landscape in tones of dark brown and green, the iron-grey curtain of the sky hanging over it. The glass was cold. Softly, the rain drummed against the window's pane in answer to the chant of the fireplace. She turned to look at the flames, fighting to warm up the bare stone of the Circle's meeting room, flickering under the silvery light coming through the window.

Her thought were burning again, and she could feel in her mind the memory of the pale green gaze, pupil-less, not answering to her distress, raging away from her, and the shadow of ebony eyes, protecting, calming, tormenting her…

She shivered and went to sit by the fireside. The Tower would wake up soon. She had been avoiding them all in the last few days. They could say whatever they wanted after all, she had other matters to think about, and needed those moments of loneliness. It felt like a reassuring cloak, soothing her worries.

She had to decide what to do. She had not understood his reaction. He had felt it, for sure… The lack of faith, the change in her.

"Stay away from me". His words kept ringing in her head.

She had expected… She had feared many things. The claws, the blood, the desire, the pain… But how could she leave him alone… He had looked so tormented. She buried her head in her hands. Her choice was made. Excruciating. And there could be no turning back. He had already walked away from her. But she would not let them hunt him.

"Oh you did not fail, dark love… It was I… I who failed you…"

It was too warm in there.

She took her cloak and left the Tower.

The rain was cold. She smiled behind her tears.

Maybe he would be there, dark and focused, grave and silent. Maybe he would not let her hand go this time.

• _A moan escaped her lips as a last, intense shiver ran through her. Her whole body was ablaze. His hands, his lips, his lust had overwhelmed her in a storm of pleasure. She had lost herself in his embrace, in a fusion of flesh and mind…

She opened her eyes. They were of a darker shade of red than usual. She ran her hand in his raven black hair, savouring the weight of his body on hers, her heartbeats starting to clam down a bit, her breath still short. The room was getting darker, some of the candles had slowly died away and a dim ray of moonlight was caressing the blood stains, creating ruby reflects around them. She smiled.

She had desired him ever since that day in Jiyyd, when the raven landed on her shoulder. And it never faded… It grew more intense with each of his caresses, with each step they took together on the dark path. A slight sent of vanilla emanated from his hair, almost covered by the sweet, copper-like scent of blood. He lied down by her side. She got up on her elbow and looked at him. He had become more… feral. She ran her hand on his pale skin. Wild. His breath was growing steadier.

Her gaze wandered in the dark room. Ignoring the corpses, she looked through the window. A cold breeze entered and the curtains danced a bit. She snuggled up in his warm arms, a small smile playing on her lips. She let her head rest on his shoulder. She had spend so much time away from Peltarch…

"I have missed you."

She closed her eyes, smiling._

@03ab0239ad=Incubus:

I am the One
    From the dark side of your dreams
    I am the One
    The one who hears your screams
    I am the One, I am the One
    I am a vampyre a-calling for your love
    I am the fire that burns within your blood
    No bars or chains can keep me from your bed
    Nothing on earth can get me from your head
    I'm the angel of your desire
    Burning in the night
    I'm the pyre, I'm the fire
    Come to set you alight
    I'm the One
    Forget the past, live only for tonight
    How many loves have shared such pure delight?
    Rest now, my love, let troubles slip away
    I shall return on the darkening of the day

• Dark Union

_Crawl on me
    Sink into me
    Die for me

-RZ-_

Syne ran his warm tongue over the soft blue skin of her neck, placing one hand behind her head and the other on her left breast. His movements were fluid and precise. Her legs were wrapped tightly around his waist. Beads of sweat fell from his brow and his entire body felt like it was on fire. They had been at this a long time, not usual for elves considering their natural low endurance. Magic was a beautiful gift.

Their movements became more and more agitated. He felt electricity begin to run up his back and his legs weaken. He could see the pulsating warmth in her body eminating from her beautiful skin. The passion of the moment was enticing transformation. He knew his eyes were glowing, pale and pupiless. He clenched his teeth with the strain and effort and felt they had grown to sharp points. He looked down at his own hand and saw his fingernails had become slightly longer. He pushed harder, his mind becoming a haze of lust.

Feeling her tremble under him he focused on her, his gaze becoming intense and unblinking. In an instant the rush of her pleasure hit him like a hammer blow. He had always heard that the pleasure a man feels during a carnal exchange was little compared to the volcanic explosion a woman experienced. He had heard it…but until now had no grasp of its truth. His body shuddered with hers, his eyes widened and his hair fell around his face.

How could they survive such a feeling? Instinct alone kept him from stopping all together. No...it was much too late to stop. He put his hand on the ground for support but nearly slipped on the slowly drying pool of blood that surrounded them. He put his red stained hand on her cheek, his mind clogged with overpowering pleasure.

He forgot the bodies of the family that lay sprawled around them, father, mother, two young boys, naked and mutilated beyond recognition. He forgot the smell of death and blood that had strengthened due to the rising heat caused by their lustful heat. Forgot the burning symbols they had drawn on the walls. She was was in him as much as he was in her. The feeling was beyond description, and as her back arched and her nails clawed his back, he understood the meaning of euphoria.

The sound that escaped him was not human or elven, but thankfully, the release brought with it such peace, that the raging beast within him was equally quelled.

• Syne allowed himself a single shuddering breath. He had dug into Garen's mind as he burned, watching the random chaos that ensued there. It was a beautiful painting of random images and emotions, all laced with bitter agony and desperation. The mental imagery mixed with his hightened senses allowed him an inconcievable amount of interaction with the man as he died. The smell of burning, the screams, the crackling of the flames, all augmented ten-fold. The experience was intoxicating.

He refused the man's flesh. He had tasted enough for the evening. He knew his days of ritual feeding had ended with the awakening of the Desecrator. The creature rended flesh in a flurry of violence. He had found a new way to serve. His path, though the same, had made a sharp turn. He held her head in his hand, stroking the soft blue hair.
    He took the same knife he had used for so many years and placed it in her hands.

"This is yours now." He said placing a light kiss on her lips. "May it guide you as it did me."

Syne looked at Sygil for a moment. The cat lay on its side, content with its meal and resting silently. He scratched him lightly behind his ears. The cat purred in pleasure. For a moment, the storm that was his life became calm. He cherished it for its brief existence.

It was time to return. There was still much work to be done.

• _She put her plate aside on the grass. A satisfied smile on her lips, she rested her head on Syne's shoulder, leaning gently against him. Her gaze wandered across the dancing flames. Fascinated, she watched Garen’s corpse swing quietly under the faint caress of the wind. He looked so quiet with his head resting on his chest, eternally asleep… His screams still resonated in her head in a dreadful, almost entrancing melody.

The air around was filled with the scents of flesh and fear, of blood and despair, of tears and agony. She took a deep, calm breath.

With a small smile, she raised her cup to Garen and took a last sip of the thick ruby liquid. She closed her eyes savouring the sweet, metallic taste, the warmth of the sacrificed life soothing a bit the never-ending hunger. The meal had been delicious. Meat always tasted better when spiced with fear and pain.

The glass was empty… The feast was over… Time had come to go back to the cold streets of the city. A jewel as they said… Yes, she had looked deep in its dark, shimmering reflects...

And there she had found her awakening, in those pale green eyes and in the powerful, secret flame._

• Sygil bit down viciously on the man's leg, bringing another sharp yelp of pain from his hoarse throat. The cat effortlessly dragged the man near the tree and deposited him there.

"Please…please...don't hurt me. Take anything you want...please." Garen began to plead for his life. He didn't want to die out here. He couldn't understand what these people wanted, why they had attacked his caravan but had not bothered with anything of value. What did they want? Why were they doing this?

Syne, quickly irritated by his sniveling, gaged the man.

"Move and the panther devours your genitals." He sad sharply and began to tie his arms behind his back. Smiling as the man froze, watching the panther lick its bloodstained chops, as if daring him to resist even slightly.
    Syne then wrapped the rope in and X around his torso. He tossed the end of the rope over a branch and with the help of Lina and Sygil, pulled the man off the ground and tied the rope securely to the tree's trunk.

Garen hung suspended only a foot off the ground. He began to sweat profusely. Maybe this is all they would do. Maybe they wanted to leave someone a message and would simply leave him hanging here for someone to find him. He saw the blood covered elf look up at him with those pale green eyes. There was something unnatural there, a deep mad hunger that made him shudder. Looking into those pale orbs..he knew...this was the beast that had attacked them. This was the monster that had torn them all to ribbons. This elf had killed his brother.

Syne looked at Lina a moment, his eyes filled with sinister mischief and then pointed one white hand above Garen. "We'll need some firewood." He said. With a quick gesture and a single verse, hot white bolts of light flew from his hand and struck the branches above. A large pile of splintered wood showered on Garen's head.

"That should do." He said smiling.

Firewood? Garen began to squirm in his bonds, screaming at the top of his lungs, nearly choking on the gag in his mouth.

• _Lina walked toward Syne and smiled warmly. She gently ran her fingers on his stained lips, wiping some of the blood and bringing it too her own lips. "Thank you". She turned and looked down at Garen. "You too, Sygil". She smiled kindly at the panther.

Finally noticing Lina, Garen looked at her, his eyes widened a bit. The red eyes, the blue skin… He tried to move. He had to run away... He let out a scream when the panther let out his claws. Lina smiled. "Oh, you do not want to leave us so soon, do you ?" She lowered herself near Sygil and brushed Garen's cheek gently. "Dear guest... You will certainly stay for the night..." She took one of his shaking hands in hers and stared calmly in his eyes.

Panic was rising in Garen's eyes. A stain matching the reddening skies was growing were the panther's claws had entered the flesh. She lowered herself to whisper in his ear “Sweet guest... You do not want to run away from me, do you ? You do not want to make me sad... And above all, you do not want to make me angry”. She kissed his forehead and smiled at him softly.

Garen failed to answer. His mouth was dry, his chest was burning with the pain inflicted by the panther’s claws. Lina stood up, walked to her pack and took a thin rope out of it. She smiled at the panther. “Could you bring him near this tree, dear ? I am sure he is willing to share our meal.”

She looked at Syne with a malicious smile. “I think will we need a fire... We do not want our guest to be cold, do we ?”

The silent eye of the moon was slowly opening, lazily starting its journey. The darkness will surround them soon. She smiled and took the dagger._

• Sojourn in the Pass

"Blood on her skin
    Dripping with Sin
    Do it again"

-RZ-

Garen lost bladder control when he saw the panther's face appear by the fallen wagon. The large cat walked directly up to him and bit down hard on his calve. Garen screamed and tried to grab on to something as the panther began to drag him away from the wagon and up the hill. When they reached the summit where she waited, the panther let go but quickly put one heavy paw on the man's chest, effectively pinning him.

Syne slowly materialized, his face, hands and lips, stained in fresh blood. He looked down at the cowering man, his face cold and filled with hate.

"He's all yours." He said to her. "Beware however…he has soiled himself."

Garen looked up at Syne unbelievingly. This was not the creature that had attacked them earlier...it couldn't be...but then why was he covered in blood like that? In his fear he failed to notice the true threat that stood before him. He failed to notice the blazing red eyes of his fate.

• _Wethrillina was watching the small crowd of people walking in and out the Peltarch commons, her red eyes searching for green ones. She let her hands rest on the railing that circled the place.

The city was… She smiled. Colourful, noisy, alive. People moved and talk around her in a constant shift of colours and sounds. She watched them, nodding to those she had met, enjoying to be alone in the middle of the crowd, savouring the pointless agitation.

It seemed to be a constant here. Rushing, yelling, shouting, selling, buying, living... Dying... Everyone seemed willing, if not to be at least to look "important". So much effort was put in the process of shining brighter than the neighbour. Only a few did not look like empty shells.

It was so different from the quiet silence of Jiyyd. Here was the thrill. Here was the pain. Oh there was so much left to... taste... And she could feel that hunger rise in her again. The warmth of the flame in her soul was aching, longing for the next step to be taken. It was alight, alive in her heart, a never failing presence.

She looked at the people coming from and going to the market or the Mermaid... She listened to the hum of the city, enjoying the cold embrace. Her gaze wandered dreamingly on the crowd as she leaned slightly on the railing. She smiled as her eyes met the calm pale gaze she was looking for.

Dusk was near._

• Apprentice of fire

"Goldfoot machine
    Creates another fiend
    So Beautiful,
    They make you kill"

-RZ-

Syne smiled and came forward, kissing her bloodstained lips. He wondered if it was the color of her skin or that of her eyes which made him feel this attraction for her. He had little desire to feed from her like he did the others. There was something different about her, something unique and beautifully sinister. He felt the potential she harbored.

He knew she would be able to take the trials of the path and emerge triumphant. She was deadly in her own way. He had let her feel the caress of his own darkness, of the fiend that lay within. She had not cowered away, but hungered for it.

Forever Syne believed he was destined to walk this path alone. In the last few years he realized this was not at all the case. There were others struggling down the same road he walked. Some were inevitably lost in the darkness, angry and defeated they awaited their demise. She however was different, of this he was sure. She understood the path, and would rise above them all.

The power of the circle faded, the ritual complete. He held her in the darkness, two sinister flames within the cold veins of an uncaring city. The first step had been taken, the unknown lay sprawled before them.

• _Lina wrapped her hands around Syne's. She closed her eyes and her lips touched the heart. The pattern of the circle was ablaze in her mind. It burnt in her very soul as did the flesh of the heart in her body, warm, red, terrible, pulsing in rhythm with the Weave.

An intense, sweet, caressing pain ran through her body.

She opened her mind to it, letting it flow through her. She was lost in the dark beauty of the storm that was rising in her. Oh… now she understood, now she knew... The real taste of life, the real taste... She opened her eyes, the deep red irises were glowing faintly from the power swirling around them.

The heart had been consumed and the new path of her life lied before her, dark, hidden, painful... She smiled, still focused on the Weave. A new hunger had awoken in her, like a fire set alight casting its shadows around and inside of her.

She had already seen that flame. He had shown it to her once.

The dance had begun, matching the movements of the flames, quiet but wild, hidden but bright, painful but delightful_

• With a small grin Syne gripped the heart and it was enveloped in bright orange flames. He stared past them to her, his eyes losing their usual calm demeanor, lost in the facination of the moment. The flames licked them painlessly but began to slowly consume the unbeating heart.

"This ritual is not commanded or required. I do this out of loyalty and the belief that this is the road to deliverance from mortal bonds. It is the path to eternity. On this road I have served for decades and have become favored. My part in the great game has been secured in blood. My ascension is at hand, hidden from me behind a veil of pain and madness. I show you this secret road as a gift, for I have made my final sacrifice."

With that Syne began a slow deep chant, careful of his pronunciation so that she may follow him unhindered. He felt the air around them hum with the vileness of the act. Dark shadows whispered exitedly around them. The circle became a void, trapped between worlds. Satisfied, he brought the scorched heart to her lips.

"Consume it." He whispered. "Consider this your communion, in flesh, and in blood."

• _Lina smiled and looked down at the girl. She ran her hand along her jaw and brushed a few greasy hair locks off her forever still face. Slowly, her gaze still fixed on the child's face, she plunged her hand in the skilfully cut flesh. It was still warm. She gently wrapped her hand around the unbeating heart. And with the help of the dagger, she cut it out of its bloody shelter.

Holding with both hands, she stood up slowly and quietly watched Syne finish the circle. She smiled. It was perfect. She could feel the Weave pulsing around it, around them. Calmly, she walked close to him. And, staring in his eyes, she put the dark ruby heart in his hand, covering it with hers.

Their fingers mixed in flesh and blood. Their lips touched in blood and desire. The time was drawing closer.

She looked at the circle. She could feel its potential. It was full of restrained power, awaiting to be released. But how? Its patterns where not known to her. Yet, somehow, they were familiar. They where playing a chord deep inside her soul, she could feel her inner passions resonate with it. She looked at Syne and smiled softly. She would know soon… So soon...

There was not need to rush, the night was theirs and they were about to dance in its shadows.

She waited calmly for him to show her the steps._