Passionate Speech by Senator Black

• Nico spends a few days spreading word that he is going to announce a huge change for Peltarch in the coming days and has invited any and everyone who would like to hear it.

Friends and fellow Peltarchians. I stand before you now not only as a Senator and businessman of this fine city, but as a content man as well. I have served Peltarch for many years now with undying loyalty and seen many good….and many bad things occur. I have fought to make Peltarch a better place than it was when I arrived and I do hope that I have done that. By word or by action I strived to protect Peltarch and defend all who reside within it's walls.

It is with mixed emotions that I now step down as Senator of this fine city. It is not that my obligations carry me elsewhere, nor that I am not committed to seeing the city prosper. That is far from the truth. My obligation is to Peltarch and always will be.

I often find myself sitting with the Senate speaking on matters for tenday upon tenday with nothing ever done. So I am leaving the constant talking and bickering to those who enjoy hearing themselves speak. I believe we all know who those are... he smiles and smooths down a chop

I have long been a man of action. A man who would rather see that things are done, instead of thinking they will happen with words alone. There is a saying that goes says....actions speak louder than words. I find this to be my way. I do not enjoy sitting in a room just to listen to plans be talked about over and over with nothing ever done.

Therefore I leave the senate to do what they do best to pursue what I do best....get things done. I know that there are some who will be overjoyed that I am gone from the Senate and I do not mind. Though I may not hold the position of Senator I would dare any to think I hold no less influence. I unlike others, do not need a title to know my worth in life. While the Senate discusses, argues, and readdresses issues....I will see that things are done.

I have thought about this decision for quite some time and only now have the opportunity to step down and be assured that Peltarch will vote in someone to replace me. We are ushering in a new era for this city. I urge everyone to make a wise decision on who they put into office in the upcoming elections. I will come out publically with my support of the candidates whom I see most fitting, not that it will mean much. For I trust the citizens of this fine city to choose wisely.

So friends and fellow Peltarchians......I step away now........Senator Black no longer....

Nico steps down from his high vantage point and moves off through the crowd. He speaks with those who would like a word and smiles and reassures those who question his motives. Eventually he just fades into the crowd….Just another face in the Jewell of the Icelace.....

((Stepping down Nico from the senate was a big decision for me. It took me a long time to think of just why he would ever want to step down and I think I finally got it. The OOC reason I wanted him to leave the position is so that full time PCs could get into his position. While his IC motives are his own, rest assured Peltarch has not seen the last of Nico Black. 😉

I have a lot of things going on as a DM and this role really needs to be filled by players who can dedicate themselves to it. So I am opening another spot for a player to have a chance to play the senator role that I enjoyed so much. I'm looking forward to the elections and urge everyone with even a spark of interest to run. Good luck to everyone who's running BTW….you'll need it. Whoever is elected I hope you have fun with it!))

• A woman stands quietly in back of the crowd, her long alabaster staff illuminating the shadows with a cold blue light. A slight smile plays upon her lips.

"This will be much easier than anticipated", she mutters to herself, the smile growing wider.

Just then, a man dressed in dockworkers clothes approaches her and tugs gently on her sleeve.

"Please ma'am, can ye spare a few gold? I don't wanna be arrested by the guar…."

She turns and looks at him deeply, drinking his presence into her. The man stops mid speech, eyes wide with fear. Shuddering he backs away quickly, sniffing away a trickle of blood from his nose.

"Go away", she whispers.

• Lilly gives a little frown hearing the news.

"I really liked him, even if he never did get my sword made for me. Still a good guy, though I'm wondering if Sierra had anything to be doing with this.." Lilly muses aloud in the commons after hearing the news, before returning to work on her play.

• Gildor rejoices

"About bloody time, it wasn't like he gave a flyin' kobold shite about the city, or actually spent any time in Peltarch until his last few years when he was beddin' his lover on tha side Sierra! I knew he couldn't deal with the responsibility, a title is nice when your a rich snob, but tha work and pressure.. tha be a whole different thing."

• Chaevre' hopes to find Nico and ask for his suport in her coming election, well even though he already will likely be supporting Sierra, but she will seek his blessings anyway

• listens with a growing frown as Black continues then finally walks away

"Damn, there goes the one man I was looking forward to possibly working with if the elections run in my favor…no matter, I suppose I can still work with him in a slightly different relationship..."

though disappointed by his departure from the senate, the frown slowly turns into a smile as he considers how best to get in touch with the now ex-senator and create a mutually beneficial relationship