A lucky escape

• *rumours spread fast through Norwick of a lucky escape for one of the guards. A trap was laid in the dead of the night whilst the gate guards were half asleep. It is said that the guard heard a click and went white with fright when he opened the north gate to take look outside as he thought he heard knocking. Luckerly for him the trap failed to work. The guard was seen to drink 3 bottles of ale in quick order.

The guards are sometimes heard talking with each other about the arrow and now this*

• ((I think the unfortunate series of events was that Frago had just said to one of the guards:

"hey man, can i try your armor on for a second?"

"sure little dude. keep an eye on the gate while I go take a leak."

<enter arrow="">poor Frago.

))

:P</enter>

• ((yeah those bastard are well bastards…...and tough ones too, took me down in a round))

• ((my first thought was it wasn't really a guard but some one posing as one, I don't think a maxed crit from a longbow would kill one of Jandor's guards))

• ((I'd hate to say you can "never" do it, but it's best to not take too much liberty with NPCs, expecially named or "special" NPCs. For instance, if by "guard" you mean "Jandor's Guard", they don't drink, and you'd need a balista and a lot of luck to kill them in one shot. Since there is a limited number of them, can't let you just kill them off without talking about it with me beforehand, especially since now that they know someone is stalking them, they will be taking their own precautins. ))

• OOC:

@901fd3f0a8=Kuker:

Just a reminder as there has been a bit of this lately. Only a DM has the ability to tell how an npc is going to react to a given situation. Please refrain from including npc reactions, convesations, emotions ect. in your IC posts. And with this in mind, remember that your IC actions, be it IG or here in an IC post, will have IC repercussions.

Thank You.

This is taken from the General discussion thread: http://www.narfell.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21540&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

• //Can I play the guard?

• // clarification is important yet. Newer players may see this post and think they too can post the actions and reactions of NPCs. Player logins that post NPC actions should include a minor statement indicating which DM approved the act/reaction.

• //Aren't we responsible for our own characters IG/IC acctions when posting in the forums? The duty to RP the NPCs, Guards, Citizens of a certain town, are left up to the SDM of said town or to a DM no? Otherwise I could Emote that Everywoman in Norwick has fallen madly in love with X and chases him around during the light of day, sometimes at night too. This would totally be false and IG would not even be a subject. Some Clarification on this post and "Guard shot by an arrow" post please?