Return

• _Revenge…

It wasn’t a decision I leapt upon. It crept into my soul like a thief in the night, it’s cold tendrils wrapping around my mind suffocating reason. I dwelt on it’s presence, and tasted it’s sweet nectar.

I accepted its presence.. Those that betrayed me would be dealt with. Slowly. Carefully. And when I was done, I would drink of it._

The four Eastlanders approached the woman in blue with some care. She bore a wizards staff, with a large softly glowing gem at it’s tip. Something of value…

As I headed North to the Jewel of the Icelace, the usually docile Eastlanders approached. They had a priest with them to give them confidence, their smiles and furtive glances betraying their intent. I stopped and listened, despite knowing the irrelevancy of their banter.

“Hey! Lady in blue! Where ya headed?” The priest said, stepping forward into the dim blue light. Two others chuckles nervously. The forth, a small woman, crept around to the right.

I thought briefly about sparing them. However, the cold tendrils spoke to me, nudging me into action. Power flowed from my mind out in waves, amplified by the runes and gem in my focus. With amusement, I watched them all wince in unison.

The bandits set upon each other in a fury. The priest began to wander, confused at his own surroundings. The woman who had crept to the side drove her knife into her comrade’s back, and in turn was gutted by two short swords. In a matter of moments, all but the priest lay on the ground, bleeding or dead. He shook his head and stared at the woman in blue, regaining focus.

_I regarded him briefly, as I reached into his mind and disconnected his motor functions and most of his voluntary muscles from his thoughts. How ridiculously easy his mind was toyed with. How fragile the life that held it. How to end it…how to end it…

I sifted through his mind as he stood there helplessly, his fears and phantoms blossoming in my mind to be directed and choreographed to suit my tastes…Rot grubs…his friend had died to rot grubs…_

The priest’s nose began to bleed as his eyes stared wide in horror. His motor functions disconnected, he wasn’t even permitted the release of a scream. Blood vessels in his eyes burst, and his legs collapsed underneath him. He fell to the ground and died, his muscles spasming.

The woman in blue continued northward into Peltarch.