Letter to the Legion

• A small letter stuck to the door of the Legion Hall and scented with a bit of perfume reads, in legible common:

To the Protectors of Jiyyd:

First, let me thank you - all of you - for helping to defend the small and beautiful town of Jiyyd from the constant orc threat. I also wish you the greatest of luck in your efforts against the orc fortress and will help as much as I can.

As the orcs attacked Jiyyd a night this past week, my friend Pete noticed a strange insignia branded on a particularly large orc wielding a greatsword. This orc was also protected by powerful magic that hardened its skin and dulled blades.

I recognized the insignia from my studies at the college in Peltarch. It is a branding to denote a certain tribe of orcs that are usually found in Damara. If I am correct, and I am nearly certain that I am, this could mean that the orcs have been recruiting help from outside the Nars.

I am unsure of the strategic implications of such aid to their cause, but I wanted to inform you, that you might be as ready as possible to confront them. May the Seldarine smile upon your efforts to defend Jiyyd and the region.

-Silmathienia Ka'lin,
    Apprentice Bard of the College in Peltarch
    Citizen of Jiyyd

• Legion

hangs the note up in the halls to inspire the troops to keep up the good work

• Ving notices the letter laying on the table in the hall. Reading it, a cold smile crosses his face.

So, you recruit as well. How long are the other clans gonna support a dying force?

Starting to put the letter back on the table, Ving glances around to see that no one is noticing him. He takes a big whiff of the perfume and puts the letter back where it was. He walks out across the courtyard in Jiyyd humming to himself and smiling.

• Walking to the halls notes the letter and after picking it up proceeds to sniff the letter with an odd look on his face. Mog then not so gently opens the letter and reads the contents periodically saying a word out loud. Muttering, Mog take the letter to the officers.

Mog wondered where all orcs kept coming from.