A Quest for Tyr - Kara Willendt's Diary

• _((OOC - Thank you Reginald for the wonderful compliment on my writing. This diary (and I would venture to say whenever I RP her) comes out so full of life and emotion because I DO put my heart into it. I have this nasty habit with books, movies, tv shows, rpgs, etc. I put myself into the character, think and feel like the character. Unfortunately, this causes some problems when things get highly emotional. I've been known to fry my brain from it.

Writing this diary is a bit of a different experience than your typical story. I don't have to worry about making sure to have little details and descriptions. The concentration is on what Kara feels and thinks. The result makes for an even more believable diary.))_

Entry 12 -

Strange things happened today.

I was at the well to see friends. Wilhelm and Reginald told me of how the trip to the Warrens did not go well and both had spent some time dead. Thank goodness they were able to be raised. Suddenly the earth began to shake! It was a most unpleasant feeling. This was followed by a bolt of lightning striking the well. Then the water level of the well dropped.

Many people began to investigate the well, and a few of us kept an eye on the gates in case this was a ruse. Some could feel evil deep in the ground. Lightning kept occasionally falling from the sky, causing some panic. Between watching the north gate and watching the crowd, I kept praying to Tyr, for I truely feared evil was afoot.

People stopped bothering the well, since that appeared to cause more strikes. Tthe clouds let loose one final series of lightning strikes, and things seemed to quiet. A man stumbled into the square, clutching terrible wounds. Martin and I rushed to him to tend to them, which the man says were caused by goblins. Since Martin seemed to have the matter covered, I was about to go back to Braeth, but the earth started to shake again. This time it was more violent. I lost my balance and fell, twisting my ankle in the process. My cry of pain instantly brought the attention of Braeth, of course, who got Martin to wrap some healing herbs around ankle to sooth the sprain.

I sat for a little while, to let the herbs do their job. Braeth got distracted by something, probably militia business, and soon left. Seeing as I was without my friends and with a hurt ankle, I decided to head back to the inn to get some rest.

By Tyr, that ankle still aches.

• Entry 11 -

As soon as I left the in today, I heard shouting about a troll running about in the town. It surprised me because I had heard that trolls really don't live in this area. I sat at the well with Jade, Wilhelm, Reg, and Hugh, and saw Karion and Sherk occasionally pass by in their search for the troll. Seems he's good at hiding. I had just mentioned that I never had seen a troll before, when out of the blue, a troll came running by, followed by some townsfolk. They never caught the troll, from what I heard, and many suspect that it was a mage in disguise.

That was only the beginning of the strangeness that was to be set before me.

Shortly after the wild troll chase, a man approached the group of us and started to proclaim that he was sent from a demon that the town has angered and gave a warning for Jore and the town. He then proceeded to give this rhymed warning in verse. Badly written, I might add. Always one to be the joker, Reg began to tear about the awful verses and tried to rewrite them to make it sound better, which pissed off the messenger who then left. Perhaps if the whole thing wasn't so grim, I would have enjoyed the jest. As it was, the message bothered both myself and Jade, and Reg's joking around got irritating, especially to Jade.

Soon after the messenger, a naked woman came into town claiming that she had been raped by the demon, also telling us that there was a little girl that was caught by the demon as well. My little instincts were giving of all sorts of alarms though, because the woman had also claimed to know about demons. Her attitude seemed to shift from fear to fascination when talking about them. So, I had Bernard, a paladin of Tyr that I just met, use his ability to sense evil hearts. Sure enough, he senses evil within the woman. I told him to warn those who were talking to the woman and planning to go after the demon.

The rest of my companions didn't need the paladin's warning, as they all decided the woman was a crackpot to begin with, because of her talk about knowing demons. Instead, they decided to investigate rumors of the goblins gathering at a stronghold in Rawlingswood. They invited me to come also, I think they didn't want me to get involved with the demon-woman. I knew it'd be a dangerous adventure, but these were people I knew well and knew they were skilled enough to make sure I'd be safe, so I went. Besides, those goblins always show that they need to have justice served on them.

It was a successful journey; the goblins met a swift death. After we finished cleaning the stronghold out, Braeth and his fellow members of Legion had showed up. Seeing the potential for a very good group if joined together, Vashere asked if anybody wanted to travel to the Warrens. Braeth and I decided to skip the adventure. Me because I know it's too dangerous even with a highly accomplished group of friends; Braeth because he was tired. Instead, Braeth and I headed back to his favorite spot in the woods and we had another peaceful night's sleep.

• Entry 10 -

Usually I'm able to find any of my many friends when I'm stop at the well in the middle of town, but today it seemed that everybody was out doing something different. Even Braeth wasn't about. I sat by myself, missing having friends about yet enjoying the peacefulness.

Patience was rewarded, as soon Gidush stopped by, and then Aspen and Erelad. While I was talking to the newlyweds, a man interrupted because he was looking for Braeth and overheard me mention him. He wanted to report a theft. I told him Braeth was out of town, but should be back later and that I would pass the message along. The man thanked me very much. Very, VERY much. Aspen, Erelad, and I almost couldn't contain ourselves as the I was being so obviously courted by the man. After I politely dealt with him and he left, we all started to break out in hysterical laughter.

I do feel bad for him though. It's not like he knew that I have Braeth.

Grivel also stopped by. Unfortunately, he was not in a happy mood. He was traveling with a druid that was new to the area, and she had been killed while traveling in the woods. He asked if I'd like to join him and teach some of the bandits a lesson, and I accepted. However, when we entered Nars Pass, the air felt odd. Both of us tried casting a spell and found that nothing happened. Since we didn't want to chance not having our healing magics available, we headed back and figured we would go after some goblins instead.

When we got back into Norwick, Braeth had returned to the town as well and was talking with Jore about militia business. Since I needed to tell Braeth about the man looking for him, I waited patiently. Braeth was asking Jore what sentence to give to the half-demon that was mentioned about before. It seems he threatened some people. I went to the jail with Braeth and some others to watch him tell the half-demon of his sentence. I'll admit I was curious to see this creature. He certainly has a nasty attitude. He kept back talking and spat out a few more threats, and thus got his sentence extended greatly.

I headed back with Braeth to the well to see our friends while Grivel headed with Sherk and Vrugar to go kill some goblins. I feel bad for Reginald, he was the odd man out in our circle, as each of us has a love in our lives. Braeth and me, Wilhelm and Jade, Justinia and Maddoxxx (although he wasn't there).

One of the conversations was about vampires, and Pip related a story about a vampire who actually regretted her existance. It was a tale with some romance in it that I'm sure my mother will love. Imagine, a vampiress falling in love so much that she steps out into broad daylight when she finds her love dead.

• ((OOC - "In Which Kara Bares Her Soul." Boy, did she ever get emotional last night…))

Entry 9 -

As I made my way to the well to see if any friends were about, I heard many murmurings of a half-demon in town. This place is certainly seeing a lot of strangeness lately…

I did learn some good news though! The witch, Vinessa, has finally been caught, executed, and her body burned Praise Tyr! However, Reginald mentioned the remains of the body were taken. Not a pleasant thought. It could be a sign that we have not seen the last of that evil soul.

As I was talking to Braeth, I saw Charbonneau limp by, covered in many serious wounds. As I was about to perform a healing spell, about five others blasted him with healing magics. Can't they at least let the worrisome student help her mentor? Char headed to the Inn for some food, and invited Pip, Martin, myself, and Braeth to join him. It was odd to see Martin in the Inn. He's a true Druid, preferring outdoors, so I take it as a huge sign of friendship for him to come indoors to spend time with us.

After Pip and Martin had left, I decided to again ask Charbonneau about his recent attack. I could tell he would rather I not make a huge fuss over it, but I just can't help myself. I'm like my father. If I see somebody I care for in trouble, I fall to pieces.

As we were discussing Charbonneau's condition, my thoughts wandered. I again thought about things that have happened to me, and how I could see that people will come to be depending on me for something very important. Tyr certainly couldn't have sent me back to do something mundane! I've got a destiny before me. But in the corner of my mind, lies a fear. Am I ready? I need to be strong, to stand up for others sake, to set great things in motion. Can I do it? Can I really be ready to bear the weight that will come down on my shoulders?

There's another side of this fear that sits in me. I voiced it back at the end of the first entry of this new diary. So much has changed for me in a short time, and more changes are to come. I see the "little girl" I was slipping away. I fear losing her, because it feels like I'm losing myself. Yet I know I have to change into a stronger person, and fear that if I don't change, I'll be too weak to do what is needed.

I really must have looked bothered by these thoughts that plagued me, as both Braeth and Charbonneau were asking if I was alright. I bared a deep part of my soul to them. Words came spilling out of my mouth, telling of the fears that gripped my heart.

They gave me many words of encouragement that night, and I feel much better from it. They've shown me that I am strong, and I can face the changes that come. For I am not alone. My faith in Tyr and the love of my friends will always be with me to lift me up when things seem down.

Aye, the fears are still there, and they always will be. But I shall not let them overcome me.

After seeing that I was in a better mood, Charbonneau bid his farewells and headed to bed. Braeth again offered to take me to see a place within the woods, and I accepted. It was a beautiful place, even if goblins often came to bother us. Seeing Braeth in front of the campfire, telling of how invigorating it was to be back in nature, reminded me of Tyger.

Good ol' Tyger. He's an elven ranger that Papa had travelled with many times in his adventuring days. I could never pronounce his full name correctly, much less spell it. Tyger periodically would invite me to his camp and share stories with me. Some were about my Papa, others about his home, or stories of nature. I think Tyger treated me as a god-daughter of sorts, for he had a lot of respect for Papa.

I could feel Mielikki in the small clearing when Braeth offered his prayers to her. It was nice being there, very peaceful, except for those pesky goblins. Braeth setup a lean to, making sure that it was well camoflagued, and we both slept the night there, his arms holding me tight.

Such comfortable sleep is hard to find in even the most expensive of inns.

• ((OOC - Computer-wise, this night wasn't good. I kept losing my connection, or the game would crash. I think I surprised my friends when I began to swear about my stupid computer.))

Entry 8 -

I met up with Braeth again, who was hanging out by the well with Reginald, Jade, Wilhelm, and Maddoxxx. Aspen stopped by; she's enjoying married life very much. Reginald professed some jealousy at the rest of us, for he still has no companion to spend time with. There is Braeth and I, Erelad and Aspen, Wilhelm and Jade, and even Maddoxxx is courting Justinia. Braeth and Wilhelm picked on Reginald about some person that outwitted the bard.

Suddenly there was a bit of a commotion. Sherk had fallen while battling a sorceror in the crypts, most likely a vampiric sorceror. Most of the friends rallied to go and retrieve his body so that he may be raised. I stayed an elven mage advised that only strong people should go. This was the same mage I met in the Fugue, the one that changed into a spider when I first met. He almost never speaks, preferring silence, so I knew he was dead serious. I know I'm not a weakling, but I could tell that Maddoxxx and Braeth both wouldn't want me to take the chance, so I instead waited for them back at the Inn.

Not that they needed me anyways, for they were successful in getting the body and raising him. I left the inn and found Charbonneau at the well. Praise Tyr that he is alright! I started yelling at him about how Martin told me of Char's delusion about myself in danger and subsequent fit. I know I was probably being a little to vocal about something that embarrassed him, but I couldn't help it. I'm much like my father in that I worry too much about people I care about.

Charbonneau pretended he didn't hear me correctly and kept trying to change the subject. After a couple of tries, I started to get the message, and instead offered to go to the Inn to talk in private. However, he declined and asked if I'd like to go with him, because he wanted to show me a lesson. He also asked if Braeth was around, and if he would want to watch. I accepted his offer and we went to get Braeth, whom I last saw at the Inn.

Just as I entered, Braeth sped past me! We followed, and found a commotion at the well over a strange man with horns. People were wary, thinking he had demon blood in his veins, although the man said he was human. Braeth, of course, got involved since he's with the militia, and then Charbonneau decided to do a Test of Conscience on the man. Many people were about, trying to see what was going on. The noise bothered me, so I yelled out to Braeth and Char that I was going down to the waterfall.

Shortly after I sat down, the other two showed up with Martin in tow. Unfortunately, my head didn't feel well, the noise of all those people still rang in my ears. When my mind started to clear up, I noticed Vashere had also joined us, and there was talk about scouting out a location on Nars Pass. The Legion is looking for a place to build a fort, and were thinking of about the same area that Char was suggesting for our temple. So Vashere was offering that we both work together and build the fort and temple together. I think the idea has a lot of merit, as does Char. Yes, the Legion is a guild of mercenaries, but they only take on jobs that would be for the greater good. Considering Braeth is a Knight in the Legion, I would think that our ideals of justice is very much compatable with their ideals. We'll have to see what the rest of our group thinks.

So the five of us traveled halfway up Nars Pass, to where Vashere was considering. I think that the locale is and ideal spot to provide shelter and defense, as it is at the crossroads between the two nearest towns to Norwick.

All the more reason for me to get all of us together to work things out. We also need to find others for our cause, so that we can register ourselves as an organization and gain some benefits thereof.

Am I ready for all this responsibility I've taken on myself?

• ((OOC - I was planning to put a little introspective blurb about Kara here, as there are a few interesting thoughts about her. But I just couldn't word it right. I'll just say that although I initially had a simple character concept, there are a few deep, subtle complexities to the character that will have to be dealt with if she is going to succeed in all her goals.))

Entry 7 -

When I headed toward the well today, I had gotten a message from Braeth that he was out deep in the woods hunting goblins. I sat and talked with Cera, and some others that she was with. One man, who's name eludes me, mentioned that he had amnesia, and this is something that regularly occurs to him. I suggested that he try keep a diary, but he said he was to poor to by one. Another man named Coin offered him some coin (hee hee, what a silly sentence), as did I. But the amnesiac refused, because he feels he should only accept money that he has earned. I accepted the refusal, but Coin was angered by it at first. He seems quick to anger.

Soon enough, Braeth had returned from his adventure. He boasted how his party took on some umber hulks. I've only heard a few things about the beasts, but from what I know, they certainly aren't creatures to be taken lightly. Martin also made an appearance, wanting to tell me a story when I had the chance. Thus we all sat down and had a nice little chat about various things.

The drow showed up again, and I finally caught his name. Nail. I know it's a shortened version, but it'll do. Braeth seemed to be accepting of having the drow in town, because many friends he knows and respects have vouched for Nail. Martin also stated he knows of Nail. Others weren't so accepting, which is to be expected. While I accept Nail walking among us, I shall be keeping an eye on him. My blessing I say to people, "May Tyr watch over you," has a double meaning and when I say it to the drow it will carry both meanings.

Coin again got angered at some comments another passerby made about the drow. Personally, I don't blame the passerby for not willing to trust the drow at all. If it weren't for some certain people I have a lot of respect for, I wouldn't trust him at all either. I worry that Coin's anger shall get him in trouble, though.

Martin, Braeth, and I headed over to the waterfall to have a private chat, since Martin had a story he wanted to tell me. Just before he began, an announcement was made that Reginald was going to perform a tale. Braeth decided to go hear it, but I wanted to hear what Martin had to tell me instead. I know that Reginald is a great storyteller, having heard a couple myself, but some instinct told me to stay with Martin. I just didn’t think that what he had to tell me was so important!

He was with Charbonneau the previous night (yes, they are friends), when Charbonneau suddenly started to cry out that I was in trouble. He and Martin headed north to the mines, where Charbonneau said I was beset with bandits. They made their way through the mines and found no sign of me. Other townsfolk in the mines also said they didn’t see me. Of course they didn’t see me, for I definitely wasn’t there. As they were leaving, Charbonneau suddenly collapsed into a fit. He recovered, but Martin said he had a different look in his eyes. He brushed Martin off and told him to leave him alone, and then headed for the crypts. Martin tagged along, worried for his friend, but again Charbonneau demanded to be left alone. Instead, Martin used a trick he learned from one of his animal companions and changed himself into a badger. The two made their way through the crypts until they reached a spot where Char suddenly threw down his sword and shield and started to rant and rave about being fallen from Tyr and an imminent attack of undead.

This story worried me greatly, as I’m sure it worried Martin when it happened. I told Martin of how we met and a few things that Charbonneau told me of himself. I figured if we all the information we both have on our friend, then we could figure out what is going on with him. My theory is that Char was having another of his attacks, and this one looks to be worse than the one I revived him from. Because he accepted me as his student and the connection he felt when we first met, the attack started with him deluding that I was in danger. Then the full force of the attack hit, causing fits. When he recovered from the seizure, he began to think he was his mentor.

I must see Charbonneau as soon as possible. I fear he needs me more than I would ever need him.

((OOC - Again, for reference. This is the last post that I got XP for before the old forums crashed.))

• Entry 6-

I decided to wear that outfit I bought, hoping to surprise Braeth. He wasn't around immediately, but I got to see some other interesting people. First is a little girl by the name of Elsie. She reminds me of my playmate, Josephine, who I spent a lot of time with back when I was about Elsie's age. I also got to meet a priest of Tyr. And here I thought I was the only priest and the rest were paladins. Guir is a Battle Cleric of Tyr, and he overheard me talking about my group of friends and our plans to build a temple. He offered to help pay for the builders when we were ready to start building. I told him who else to contact in case he couldn't find me.

I did find Braeth. As I was talkingto Elsie, she noticed him and shouted a greeting at him. However, he did not stop to say hello to me! He just went past me. Must not have recognized me out of the armor. Of course, he was trying to tend to a militia matter as well. When he finally did talk to me, he did notice and complimented the outfit.

And that's about when we had a bit of a role reversal. There was a drow in town. Yes, a drow! He was a bit unnatural to look, the dark skin and white hair. And I've heard many tales of evil that drow have caused. So how can one be walking our streets? Braeth, with visible hatred, immediate began to question him. Gulir spoke up that the drow (I'm not sure if I caught his name) has been given permission to be in town by Jore and, I think, the mayor. The drow affirmed Gulir's statement. Justinia also spoke up that she sensed no evil in the drow, despite the fact that he is a drow. As a paladin, she should be able to tell. Braeth did believe our friends, but still voiced his distrust of the drow. He then demanded answers from the drow… about why his village was wiped out. Poor Braeth just slumped down to the ground, weeping about his village.

I sat by him and held him, but I could not offer anything to say. How could I? Braeth had told me that his village was wiped out, but he didn't mention that it was drow that did it. The visiting drow (I really wish I could recall his name... Narl-somthing I think... I'll go with Narl for now) didn't answer the questions. I'm not sure if anything he said would have made things better for Braeth, and I think Narl thought the same way. Instead, he did ask to hear what had happened. So Braeth told of how his village was destroyed and how he was the only survivor. The images the story conjured are horrifying. Such a senseless act of violence I've never heard before. May Tyr see to it that the evil drow meet just as gruesome of an end. Narl listened intently, and did seem angered at the devestation his brethren caused.

It was a bit strange for me throughout that whole incident, as it was for Braeth. He's not usually the one to break down so emotionally, and he was a little embarrassed by it. It's completely understandable that he did. I can only imagine the grief he must have felt when it happened. Thus, I had to be the strong one and support him, which is not a role I typically take.

After he felt better, we went and found some friends of his. Jade, Wilhelm, Reginald, some others I can't remember now... Braeth kept trying to introduce me to people, but each time I had already known the person, having met them through Reginald. "Know Reg and soon you'll know half the town," I said to everybody's agreement.

I got to talk to Justinia about the temple. I still think the best route is still build a temple as a guildhall, and show some support for the multi-faith temple that is planned. I told Justinia about my idea, but she still seems to think that just our temple would be best. I just don't want to have people think that we feel we are turning our noses up at them. We all will have to get together at once and talk it out.

I was starting to feel very relaxed. I'm out of my armor, with Braeth and friends, having a good time... Of course it would have to get ruined. A short while after Jade and Reginald left us, this man approached us looking for Jade. I'm pretty sure I've done goblin-hunting with this man before, his name is Jubei. It shocked me to hear that he was looking for Jade to kill her. It was a greater shock to hear Justinia say she sensed much evil in Jubei. Braeth and the others had a huge debate with this man, Braeth indicating that he should not make open threats in town. Soon Braeth ordered all but a few of us away from the matter.

As far as I heard, Jubei is hired by the Red Wizards to kill Jade for a murder she commited. I can't say for sure if she did or didn't, but the way a few people reacted it seems she did, but not for evil reasons. Anyways this ended up causing a huge fiasco which ended with Jubei dueling Jade's defender... the defender lost his life. While I sat away from the ordeal, Jade came up to me asking where everybody was, and I told her to be careful because a man wanted her dead. She freaked out and ran to see what was happening.

After THAT mess, another popped up which I'm not entirely sure of. I think somebody got attacked, but I didn't bother to get details. I was just so disgusted with the rest of the evening that I headed back to the Inn.

((OOC - Actually, there were so many people in town to see the commotion that my computer lagged out, and then crashed. Oh well.))

• Entry 5 -

I received a letter from Charbonneau today. I'm so glad to hear he is okay. Considering that siezure I had revived him from, I was concerned with not hearing from for quite a few days. I wrote back to him, saying that I'd like to speak with him.

I then headed off to see the wedding of Aspen and Erelad! Braeth was supposed to meet me there, but he did warn he may be late, and I warned that I had to leave early. Unfortunately, I had to leave sooner than I expected and thus we never got together. Which is too bad, because I'm sure Braeth would have liked to have seen me outside of my armor and in actual clothes.

Later on I was able to get together with Charbonneau. I really had a lot on my mind, and am glad that he took the time to listen to me and my ideas. It was a lot of help and I think through it I may have a solution to the debate of Our Temple vs. Town Temple. I told him of how I thought a town temple for various gods of good faith wasn't a bad idea, but Maddoxxx strongly disagreed. It was a relief that Charbonneau felt the same way I did. Maddoxxx did have some valid concerns I thought, but to me I thought it'd be a mistake to not support this temple planned by the town.

That's when a brilliant idea struck me. Why choose between one or the other? I think we should have public worship at the town's proposed temple, and then also form a guild dedicated to Tyr. In our guildhall, we could have a room set aside for private worship for guildmembers. Of course, that gives us more responsibility, but I do think it's the best way to go in the end. Charbonneau thought it was good.

Maddoxxx stopped by and I told him my idea. He thought my idea was certainly worth considering. Charbonneau also had an idea of having our temple in Nars Pass, to provide shelter for travelers against the bandits. A noble plan to be sure, but it means we need to really make sure the temple has good defenses.

I also warned Charbonneau about things I've heard about Alex. He agreed that we should be cautious. I think the big concern for our group is that Alex really isn't dedicated to Tyr. I'm not saying he follows a bad faith, for he is a druid of Mielikki, but I think we want our group to have people dedicated to the Even Handed god. There's also the matter of the looting accusation, but all I want is to hear it from himself to me that he did not wrong my dear friend.

Char and I spent the rest of the evening chatting about ourselves. I'm a bit embarassed to have mistook Char for a priest. He's actually a knight of Tyr. Still, I thought he does have a lot of wisdom gathered over the many years of his life, and I asked if he would mind being my mentor. While being on my own has done me a great deal of good in building my character, I do miss having somebody there to give me guidance. He was honored, but feared if he really should, considering the occasional attacks of the mind he suffers and his old age. I figured that I could end up helping him as well, by providing an anchor when his mind suffers. We did seem to have a connection when we first met.

Hmmm… I guess that's all that happened that is really noteworthy. Of course, I had run into a few friends through out the day, but we had only brief conversations. Karion and I went clothes shopping before the wedding. I hope Braeth doesn't get jealous.

Gee, a day without Braeth. If it weren't for the great conversation I had with Charbonneau, the day feels like it would have been dull.

Perhaps I still should surprise him by wearing clothes instead of armor tomorrow?

• _((OOC - Thanks a lot, Reg. I figured you would enjoy seeing your name mentioned. A bard without fame is like a day without sunshine, right?

I think these journal entries have come out so well because I've really tapped into this character. Only problem is that it takes some time to write huge entries like these. I tried to be more brief with the last one, but you can see it was anything but. I just can't help myself. Kara's too interesting of a character to play and write about, and it's fun to watch her evolve. Take note everybody, you don't need to have a wild character history to have a memorable character. Still, I think I'm still going to try to be more brief with future entries. After spending a few hours in the game and then another one or two writing about it… And I want to do this each night? Hmmm, this one will be shorter without trying because I've waited a while to get to writing it, so some details aren't as easy to recall. I knew I should have written down some notes afterward.))_

Entry 4 -

Things have been a little quieter around me, but interesting stuff still happens.

I started the day with meeting Braeth by the well. I noticed that he tends to hang out there whenever he's on duty, probably because it's the center of town and everybody passes it at some point. We sat and talked about things with some friends. I mentioned I needed to try to find my group of Tyr's followers and talk with them about the temple and also about Alex. The fact that he may have looted Karion's body still disturbs me, mostly because Karion is a dear friend. Braeth gave his concerns about Alex, mentioning how Alex told him that he was a follower of Mielikki. I told of how Alex told us that he started training as a monk in order to control his more animal urges and chose Tyr to guide him. Others seemed to think Alex is shady too. I plan on at least talking to Alex about this. I hope he isn't playing us.

While we were chatting, Braeth gave me a nice back massage. I'm not sure how skilled he really is at giving one, but it felt great none the less. My back and shoulders have been getting sore from this armor and shield. When I complained about the heavy armor, Braeth said I should wear normal clothes when I'm in combat. I pointed out that it usually ends up each day that I go out into some fight so I've just developed the habit of donning the armor and not worrying about it.

I got to meet up with Maddoxxx and talk to him privately about my concerns about the temple and about Alex. He agrees that we should keep an eye on Alex. And I appear to be singular in the thoughts of supporting the town's planned temple for many faiths. He thinks, and he says Justinia agrees, that Tyr should have his own temple. One reason he gave which I do think is a good point is that there are specific designs a temple dedicated to Tyr must meet. I don't wholely agree that having other good faiths in a mutual temple is a recipe for trouble. But I do confess that my views of other faiths may be softer from growing up near Waterdeep.

Maddoxxx then asked me if anything was going on between Braeth and me. The question caught me off guard, and I again turned into a blushing, bashful, stuttering girl. I mumbled out an answer that tried to downplay the interest we've had for each other, but I know he saw through it. How could he not? You'd think the daughter of a paladin and a bard would have a little more backbone when it comes to guys putting me in the center of their attention. Anyways, Maddoxxx then told me to make sure that I don't get in trouble because of Braeth. He reminded me of my father, by worrying about me. In the end, however, I turned the tables on him! I went and asked how things were between himself and Justinia. Hah! You should have seen him become the bashful, stuttering boy!

Afterward, I met up with Braeth again, and found him at the Inn talking to some of his friends, Vashere and a half-orc named Sherk (I know I'm not writing those names down correctly). They were talking about a militia matter that involved Pish, Braeth, and, of all things, a bugbear that apparently spoke Common. Basically, Braeth thinks the bugbear had a message it was trying to deliver, but Pish cut it down before it had the chance. I really didn't pay that much attention though, too deep in thought over things that Maddoxxx said. Then Vashere mentioned that Braeth was now a Knight of the Legion and suggested that Pish join Braeth's unit. Pish agreed, and soon signed a contract. Braeth also explained to me about what the Legion is.

Then the half-orc said he wanted to go out and bash some goblins, and asked if Braeth and I would join him. We agreed, and we all went to leave the Inn. However, Braeth stopped for a moment because a new visitor in town began to speak ill of the militia. I think he stopped because he wanted to hear the man's complaints and also defend the honor of the militia (verbally defend, of course). Basically, the visitor thought that the militia was too strict with it's laws and harsh with upholding them. He mentioned how Braeth had earlier ran one man out of town for refusing to remove his helmet. Of course, he didn't say how the offender had rudely stated that he would not remove his helmet and gave no reason why. I also gave some support to Braeth by offering reasons why wearing helms were not allowed. They offer a good way to disguise a person afterall.

Braeth and I agreed afterward that this man that was complaining was probably not a person that cared for any laws to begin with, let alone small laws like the helmet law. The visitor did mention how he preferred another city because you could easily pay off the authorities. That really appalled me.

Sherk, Braeth, and I then went into a goblin cave and proceeded to deliver justice to them. By Tyr's maimed hand, that half-orc can dish out damage and receive an unbelievable amount in return! I think I would have died three times over from the amount of wounds I saw on Sherk.

After cleaning out the cave, Sherk left us and we travelled back toward town. We ran into another friend of Braeth's, a druid named Martin. The three of us chatted for a little while, and offered healing to the occasional passerby. It was strange now that I think about it, but as we chatted, I felt a need to be with Braeth, to be close to him… to... to... Well, to be loved by him... We started to snuggle, and I talked about how Maddoxxx flustered me earlier and how I got him back, and Martin talked about a girl he was interested in. The goblin battle must have worn me out, though, because I almost fell asleep in Braeth's arms. He escorted me back to the Inn so I could get some rest.

And that's when it happened. We both gave each other a fond hug, and he lifted my head and gave me a tender kiss. Our first kiss!! If we weren't holding each other, I think I would have collapsed. And it's not just because I was tired!.

((OOC - Heh, short entry my arse… you know, once I started writing, all the little details came back to me. And since this is what little Kara was telling me in my mind, that's what get's written... Can I never have control over the characters in my head?))

• Entry 3 –

Ever since I came back to life, I didn’t think anything could ever take away the joy that filled my heart. Of course I was wrong. The loss of people I care about will threaten to shatter any happiness. I’m thankful to the gods that there was a happy ending.

I was approached by Rage and Eledaar, who told me that Karion has been killed. This was the first time somebody close to me has died, and it saddened me greatly. It also shocked me that they suspected Alex of looting his corpse. I offered to help with trying to collect money to have Karion raised, since he had tried to do the same for me. Even if he hadn’t tried, he’s been such a good friend to me.

Rage, Eledaar, Braeth, and I headed over to the Friar’s house, since the body of Karion was placed there for safe keeping. Alas, the body was missing! Was some force at work to prevent us from bringing back Karion like there was preventing me? Some other friend came to offer help and we all prayed to each of our own gods for a way to bring Karion back to us. After some time, I looked up from my prayers and couldn’t believe my eyes. Karion was standing before us, good as new! The gods answered our prayers and decided to give him another chance at life. It was good to see my friend again, and I gave him a big hug.

Afterward, Braeth invited me to sit and talk with him. Again I was reduced to the bashful little girl, but I found enough strength to accept his offer. We sat by the well in the center of town. Since he told me about himself when we fought together against the bandits and the undead, he wanted to hear about my life.

What? I didn’t write about what he told me of his past the other day? Shame on me. Basically, his whole elven village was wiped out in an attack when he was a very young child. He survived only because he was disobeying his mother and was out in the woods when it happened. A human ranger had found him and raised Braeth.

So I told Braeth of Papa and Mama, and how life was like growing up in our small village near Waterdeep. Braeth was especially interested in hearing about how life for me was like growing up, since he grew up without a family. He also made me blush a few times again with compliments. I know I always end up blushing when people do so, but I also feel my heart leap when Braeth compliments me.

Braeth then came closer to me and showed me a necklace. He said he was wearing it when he came to my defense against that attacker back a few days ago. He placed the necklace around my neck, saying that now he’ll be protecting me always, even if he’s not there. The instant I was wearing it, I felt safer. I’m sure that the amulet is magical, but it’s still nice to imagine that it is Braeth’s caring that is protecting me, just like I imagine with my rings.

He also confessed that while he did defend me because it was his duty as a member of the militia, he knew there was something more that made him leap to my defense. I felt myself turning bashful again, since I just thought he was doing his job.

Our conversation soon turned toward my death and resurrection. I found myself telling him of my tale in great detail. I’ve told many friends about it before, but only in this diary had I given the same detailed account of it. I think I really needed to open up and tell somebody the whole story, telling exactly the emotions I was feeling. Being with Braeth gave me the strength to stay composed throughout it, though I know my eyes began tearing a few times.

Erelad, who is to be marrying Aspen, also listened in when I began to mention how Tyr had came to me. He briefly said that he went through a similar experience. I hope to later talk to him about it, but at that time I just wanted to be with Braeth. Erelad had been there because he was reminding people of the upcoming wedding. Braeth asked Erelad if I would be invited as well. He didn’t know that Aspen already invited me. Then Braeth floored me by asking me if I’d like to attend the wedding with him. You should have seen him! He was suddenly all flustered and had trouble asking me. He was actually being bashful over me! I’m surprised I didn’t swoon from it. Instead I forced myself to accept his request, much to his happiness, and Erelad’s amusement.

Braeth and I chatted some more, until he had to attend to his duties and chastise someone for carrying a weapon in town. Not that the person listened. As this happened, a young man approached me, asking me to help him. He looked very troubled and scared. He spoke of how he had just woke up in the graveyard, not knowing who he was. His last memory was being held captive by a goblin called Skaka. I stopped to help him, and asked others if they knew him. After some unsuccessful searching, the young man began to get tired so I dropped him off at the inn and gave him some money for a room.

• Entry 2-

It's been a few days since that fateful day, and the overwhelming feeling of being truely alive has yet to fade. Everything seems more vivid to me. The colors of the sunset have never looked so beautiful; the falling snowflakes reflect the light in shimmering patterns… Yes, I said SNOW!

But I think I'm getting ahead of myself here.

I started the day by trying to get in touch with my fellow worshippers, especially Charbonneau. I wanted to discuss how we shall be going about to build the temple we wanted, and I also wanted to see if Charbonneau could mentor myself. I'm sure that he's had much experience in his life and probably has much he could teach me. Alas, I never found Charbonneau, but I was able to find the rest of the group.

Maddoxxx and Justinia told me of how the both talked to a fellow paladin of Tyr that is a member of the militia, telling him of our plans for the temple. He told them that a temple for the town is being planned, but it would be serving a number of Gods that work to bring good in the world (Tyr, of course, being one of those). Maddoxxx doesn't seem happy with this, he'd rather see a temple for just Tyr, and I don't blame him. Justinia seemed a little more open to the idea.

Myself? At first, I had the same feelings as Maddoxxx. We banded together for a temple for Tyr, after all. I felt that this temple was my the quest that I'm meant for! But after listening to Justinia, I began to think differently. And it's not like she really said something that totally changed the point of view, but rather it made me think of how the town's plan for a temple would be good instead of bad.

We have people from all walks of life in the town of Norwick. Would it be fair and just if we kept with out demands of a temple to Tyr, and turn our backs upon people who follow other Gods of goodness? And our desire to have this temple was to provide a safe haven for those in need of protection from the evils that work against us. While I might be able to find shelter walking into the temple of another good God, let's say Torm the True for example. But would I not feel much better and safer in a temple of the Even Handed instead? Would not the rest of the townsfolk feel likewise with whomever they worship?

Justinia and I both think that we need to talk to Charbonneau before we do anything, as this was his idea. I think the wisdom of his many years will be able to shed light on the situation. Plus I think I have a new idea that will work.

The rest of the day was spent on bringing justice to those who wish harm to innocent people. Braeth, Justinia, and one called Grivel allowed me to help them deal with some of the bandits that wait to ambush people in Nars Pass. It was a good adventure and I was awed at the skill my friends had. I watched carefully, making mental notes of how to better hit with my weapon. It was also the first time I was back in combat since I was raised. It felt good to have my blood pumping again. After bringing justice to many of the bandits, I felt that Tyr was pleased with me, as I felt more able to access the powers he grants me.

I do wish that I was stronger though. My father did pamper me a little too much as I grew up, so I'm only of average strength. Justinia gave me a suit of banded mail and a tower shield to use instead of the lesser quality gear that Vrugar's friend gave me. I must admit the protection they offer me is great, but the weight is very tiring. I do have two rings, the one Reginald gave me, and another that Maddoxxx gave me, both as signs of friendship. When I wear them, I feel a bit stronger. I know it's probably just some magics within the rings, but I'd rather like to think that the strength of my friendships combines with my own strength.

I can imagine Papa chuckling at me if I told him so. He always thought I could be a bit of a hopeless romantic sometimes. But that's why he married Mama. She always loved to tell grand tales involving love and friendship.

Maybe the "Little Girl" isn't so lost as I feared the other day.

EEP! I've started to ramble! I'm so sorry! Back to the day's events. I've yet to talk about that snow...

After we fought the bandits, we headed back into town. A sudden chill filled the air, and snow started to fall from the sky! I love the pretty symmetry and unique pattern each snowflake has. But the cold that accompanies this snow.... Brrrrr.... I definately prefer warm climates.

After admiring the snow and warming ourselves by a fire, I found myself agreeing to go into the crypts in the graveyard to clear out some undead. I've always been eager to bash the undead. The village back home was hit by an large mass of undead creatures when I was in my early teens. Though my father and his mean were successful in dispatching the foul beings and the necromancer that created them, many villagers died that day. What abominations undead are!

This time the group I was with had Maddoxxx, Justinia, Braeth, and a monk called Kenshin. Hmmm, I think I mispelled that name... Many undead creatures attacked us in the crypts, but they could not stand the might of our group. I think the biggest problem was the various poison traps and diseased corpses that hindered a few of my friends. Still, it was nothing that couldn't be overcome in the end, and we made it back in good health and spirits.

Of course, fighting evil and snow wasn't the only noteworthy things. Maddoxxx had a private talk with Justinia, and I was close enough to overhear some of the conversation. I feel a bit naughty for doing so. It's that hopeless romantic part of me at work again. Maddoxxx had some trouble with trying to say what he wanted to tell Justinia. He gave her something to help protect her, because he wanted to make sure she'd be alright. Now, he did the same with me, so the gift wasn't a surprise to me, but he really seemed flustered. I think he was being struck by some shyness because he really likes her! Justinia, on the other hand, was very forth coming and accepted the gift and gave one in return. Her manner had no shyness to it, and it seemed that she really likes him too.

Hah. I just remembered my old playmate I grew up with and how we'd spy on others and tell each other gossip. It's been a while since I've done that. I guess this diary will have to fill that role.

Those two paladins aren't the only ones bitten by the love bug. Braeth had given a few compliments about my beauty. I tried to say something back each time, but, as always when guys start complimenting me, all I end doing is turning into a bashful little girl who just stands there and blushes. It doesn't help that I'm being told this by an elf, seeing as elves are beings of great beauty themselves. I really think he likes me, and not just as a friend. When our group split up after trouncing through the crypts, Braeth gave his goodbyes and then took my took my hand and tenderly kissed it! I just stood there speechless! It was all I could do just to not fall over swooning.

Could I also be in love?