Rando attacked

• word spreads through town that Rando was attacked by the dwarf Jirika because rando would not spare the Banite Rolan. Jirkia claims that the banite is under her protection. Witnesses say rando said if he repents he will be spared at that time Jirkia cast a spell, holding rando and then attacked while he was unable to defend himself. Rando was carried to his office out cold

• Ty, sitting in the Boarshead and nursing a bottle of wine, smirks; for his own entertainment, he is rolling a pair of dice on the wooden table repeatedly, noting the results each time. After rolling a pair of snake eyes, he picks up the dice and looks side-to-side. He has heard the rumours that went around, and is listening to Rando speak with a bemused expression on his face. After Rando is finished, he picks up his bottle of wine, takes a pull, and sighs contentedly, then wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. Rolling the dice out on the table, he then looks at no one in particular and speaks in a conversational voice.

"Ridiculous. The Captain of the Guard is trounced by some Dwarven Priestess, and it's a matter of war? Since when does the entire town 'ave to care if the head of the militia gets roughed up by someone? Shouldn' the freakin' Captain be able to defend 'imself? Isn' he Norwick's most . . . Able warrior?"

Ty pauses, drinking against from the wine and picking his dice up to roll round in his hand, absently. He continues to casually converse with the air.

"There're no laws posted in regards to religion. Nobody stopped those who worship evil Gods from wanderin' 'round, before. Suddenly – oh, no -- it's a Banite, and we're supposed to care? Big deal."

Juggling the dice from hand-to-hand, Tyche leans back in his chair and props a leg up on the table. His eyes follow the dice in their circular path, and he talks more to himself.

"I think it's funny, really. The militia picks a fight with someone they can't 'andle, and now everyone who has that dwarf's back is out for the militia, and Norwick is going to stand a chance?" Ty throws a hand up in the air. He, then, catches one of the die as it falls toward the ground. "She beat up the Captain! The best man. Best to just bow down, take the bruises, and let 'em leave the town alone . . . Hells, I heard it wasn't much of a brawl, either. Trounced 'em, solidly . . . Damn politics . . . "

Ty snickers, pocketing his dice, then drinks from his bottle some more, finishing it off to the last drop. Belching quietly, he pushes his chair back and stands. Stretchign his arms out in a gesture that encompasses the room, he smiles widely, shouting in a verbose tone.

"Bring on a war, and luck be with the lucky."

Ty strides out of the bar with a slight swagger, followed by the sound of his own laughter and the bar noise.

• On a side note, Lilly Thorn has been tending to hin who have stumbled to the Silver Valley after beeing grufly thrown over walls. She is found in norwick shortly afterwards finding willing hin to help them leave the town.

If any of my kinfolk get injured in your stupid conflict the dwarves won't be your only problem.

Any of norwick human's getting in Lilly's way while she's walking about her buisness find out how badly a sharp pauldron in the crotch hurts

• rando speaks to those gathered in the inn

Since when does Norwick bow down to threats from others? Never! That dwarf broke the law and tried to murder someone within these walls. Do we just ignore it and let it go unpunished? if we do there would be no law and order only chaos. Yes i agree we are entering dangerous times and i do not wish war for Norwick but we have stood firm before against others trying to make us kneel to their wishes and ways.

I have given them terms for Jirkas punishment but they seem hell bent on war. I know as i stand here we will give them such a bloody nose if they think we will bend down to their demands for her to go unpunished. Norwick is a proud and independent town and it will stay that way!

some cheer in support, some murmur, some clap and nod others look worried

• ::A priestess of Haela showed up at the town gates of Norwick to speak with the one known as Mecc. While in town the one Jirka had a confrontation with presented himself while the Haela priestess tried to seat herself at a chair made for tall folks. Word has it the High priestess makes Jirka look like a Helmite according to town witnessess. The conversation seemed to go from heated to near hostile by the end. Barle if asked looks frightened and confused. Seems the end of the converstation had the High priestess declaring war on Norwick after a discussion in which Rando cleary stated he spoke for the town and would not give in to the priestesses demands.
    Those Demands as told by Barle were that Haela's Bloodmaidens requested that no further attacks be made on Jirka and in return Jirka would be asked to not return to Norwick. And in return of good faith the Bloodmaidens would not bring war to Norwick. Much went back and forth and in the end the Dwarf was heard saying according to several witnesses. "Then pack ya children and women and all who wish not to fight. For within weeks The dwarven legions of all Damara shall rain down on this shite town and lay it to waste". Barle mentions Rando did not seem to care of this threat and said you do what you must. Jirka will pay for her crimes. Other witnesses state that the High preistess says any who defend a malarite and are evil and the Haela legion will deliver swift punishment. The priestess states she shall be living in Jiyyd until the dwarven legion arrives.::

::Folks talking around town can be heard along with much rumors::

"is it true the town has had war declared against it by a dwarven legion?"

"Oh my!! Can you imagine hundreds of Jirka's coming to town? It is the end I tell you. the end." ::soon after a hin can be seen flying over the wall from a Norwick miltiamen::

"Malarites running the town. Rando bringing doom over a one stinkin dwarf? What has happened to ar town? I am packing my family and moving away".

• ((heavy set? I am just "big-boned"! 😉 ))

• :: a man in Jandor's livery approaches the heavy-set dwarf ::

"Sir Dolvak, sir. The Lord Chancellor has heard you desire a meeting and will gladly see you at your convenience."

// please send an ic pm 😃

• The Dwarven inhabitants of Norwick keep up with this gossip as much as possible. They pass what started as "amused" and can now be called "concerned" looks to each other over a meal at the Boarshead.

"This crucible be overheatin' if ya take my meaning," Dwin whispers to the rest, over a plate of fried rat tail and old cheese. "Most o these idiot longleggers don't know the difference between a Kaxanar and a Kuldjargh. All they gonna see is dwarves wit' axes. Jirka be kin, and I unnerstan her postition…but this cannot spread into an all out Dwarven Arglar."

Dwin looks around the table slowly. "I think it might be time to meet with Jandor on behalf o da Council. Norwick be gettin' too hot...."

Dwin shuffles offf to see if he can find Jandor, Mecc, Rando, or anyone else with half-a-brain.

• rando tells Mecc that Haela the highpriestess turned up at the gates of Norwick and i am afriad it did not go well

(await Raptors post on what happened and then OM and i will post our replies, but it did not go well)

• //ooc: barring further comment to the messenger, he arrives sometime later at Norwick

Messenger: "Lord Chancellor," [he bows], "the high priestess of Haela seemed eager for battle, promising legions of dwarves to battle you and yours."
    Chancellor Mecc: "So…this was...an attack...of the church...and not one...lone priestess?" [he asks in his ever-slow monotonous tones]
    Messenger: "Not exactly, m'lord. I believe they will back the priestess if the town of Norwick moves against her but the Haelites are likely to let things lie if the assaulted individuals seek restitution themselves. They are not adverse to justified battle."

:: The chancellor nods, and speaks to the messenger in hushed tones. Then he goes to inform Jandor that they might see hostile Haelites in the area. ::

• [the young man chuckles nervously as he looks back] sounds mighty good, Lady of War [he says anxiously] but maybe I should epxlain that our chancellor is…well...not very good with subtility. I don't think he meant to challenge or threaten the faith. He's a very practical sort...probably assumes that some Norwickers will seek out the battlema- er, Bloodmaiden, for what would probably constitute legitimate retaliation and our chancellor just wants to know if Haela's valiant sons and daughters would consider it an affront or just a normal everyday affair.

[realizing his overabundance of chatter, he quickly moves to depart]

• ::High priestess of Haela from Damara gives the messenger their reply::

Tell tis followa of Malar if war is what he wishes then as Haela followas. We shall bring tha legion of dwaves togetha to bring down his threat. Being a followa of Malar he shud know the joy of battle. As do we. While High priestess Jirka acted on er own to defend one she believ ta be changin thar ways. We the church back er up fully. ::looks to the messenger:: Here that sound? That be tha prayers and drums of a holy battle if he wish ta make tis a matter between his small town an er legions a dwarven bloodmaidens. So be it. I shall wait for is ansa.

Off wit ya sonny.

::High priestess gives him a tap on the arse and off he goes::

• Ogam walks away from the scene of the fracas shaking his head sadly and muttering to himself. He looks almost sickly, and his feet drag as though he bore a great burden as he trudges toward Peltarch.

Nothing good can come of it… couldn't have gone of worse if it were farikin' planned...

his scowl deepens as he says this, and his eyes working as he thinks

Are my eyes still playing tricks on me, or did that guard take a stab at him?

• Wren listens to the exchanges and shakes her head.

"In a way I kinda sympathize with Norwick. Half the time we yell at them for making treaties with evil and climbing in bed with balors. Then, when they start threatening the followers of evil gods, we yell at them for being bloodthirsty, intolerant maniacs.

"If Jirka can lead this soul away from Bane, it will surely be a righteous act. I hope she is successful. But I can't much blame Rando for threatening a Banite who won't recant. That's just as much of a threat to Norwick as a bugbear roaming town, and his duty is to protect the town. Expecting him to just smile and move along is unrealistic.

"Seems like everywhere I go these days there's a pack of Banites lolling around. Sometimes you can't tell the Pelt commons from the Temple of Bane. Maybe it it was a little less tolerated, they wouldn't be able to hook folks in so easily. At least they wouldn't be able to threaten, waylay, and so the other stuff they're known for."

So saying, she strolls on.

-Lagermane

• Oreth sends a message to Rando and Mecc, requesting to speak with them both concerning his Gali Brother, Rolan, at their next convenience. Preferably, together.

• Legion

After watching the attack by jirka grag was seen trotting off to jirka to smack.. some sense into her yelling at her for bringing all of norwick down upon her now…" Ye gone madd all uf nowick be huntin ye now! Naew smart nae smurt..."

• Zyphlin sitting outside norwick just shakes his head sighing

Jirka thinks the kid has a good heart and is redeemable. She wanted to teach the kid, show him the wrong of his ways, and give him time to grow and realize he is wrong. She believes in him, and thus put him under her protection, so that he may go about this peacefully. Rando started threatening him on his crusade to behead all banites, and wouldn't listen when jirka informed him that he was under her protection to try and see the wrong of his ways, and demanded the only way to fix it was to kill him savagely in murder even though the kid is trying. Jirka told rando that if he threatens the kid, he threatens her, because she placed his life in her keeping and thus it was her responsibility. Rando wouldn't relent, no matter how many times it was explain the kid was just confused and would likely repent in time, and this just egged the dwarf on. Wasn't right that she attacked him, wasn't right at all….but Rando was a fool for being so blood thirsty in his wish to murder someone who honestly may've seen the light in time with her teaching. Now he just gave the kid more fuel to the fire for hating good.

::sighs, shaking his head walking off::

• ::The dwarven goddess high priests, take the notice given and give the messenger a place to make himself at home, as the Council meets to discuss this situation::

(Once I talk to Jirka IG I will give you a formal answer).

• :: the chancellor sends a man in Jandor's livery to seek out Jirka the Bloodmaiden in Jiyyd. When the man comes upon the battle-hardened warrior, he bows ::

"Lady of the Fray," he begins politely and formally "the Lord Chancellor of Norwick accepts the hostility you have initiated against the Pack of Norwick and asks if this constitutes war with the Church of Haela, or if this is a personal matter."

:: similar messengers are sent to the nearest temples of the Dwarven Goddess of Luck and Battle to determine if battalions need to be roused ::

OOC: AnyDM (preferably Jirka's SDM) please send me the Church's response.

• Orc Man returns from patrolling Norwick, and sees Rando out cold in his office, he is briefed on what happens
    "FARK IT, they attack Rando they attack me"
    snarls
    "If they think they'll get away with this they got a whole barrow full of shite coming their way. They better hope I do not run in to them out of town cos I'll end them and then feed them to Fine's pigs"
    growls and stalks out the barracks and goes to stand at the north gates, glaring at all who enter, and checking what symbols they wear around their neck