Jiyyd Rumors

• Out in the plains and in the dead of night, a muffled boom is heard. A rush of dust spills out of the entrance to the old ruined tower, followed only seconds later by a small procession of large, hulking figures carrying heavy sacks. They head away from the tower and disappear into the night.

//edit: doh, kull beat me to it shakes a fist

• ICC

Some might say that in the cover of the night, few days ago, a large group of about 8 halforcs were seen leaving Jyiid hauling big boxes, rummors has it that they were heading somewhere to the plains. If those witness dont know better they might even say that they were mooving….

• ICC

@aa7a94925f=Pyrys:

_Dietrick doesn't seem affected in the least , rather he simply says in sarcastic tone…

"Says a lil' whelp who wun dare to stand in front of me blade..... Say right-size are weak and weaker? Come have un' duel with Dietrick if ya dare and we'd see if ya kin even last two rounds....."_

Har har, pout and stomp yar petty feet as much ya want punyling. All whut it does, it reminds Grak what sound comes from rusty old hinge when its squaking in the wind. Harh Harh Harh.

Ya shoulds scurry back into yar valley and pray yar punyling gods that hobbos not find ya. If ya bes lucky, yar natural skills in hiding and running aways are enough to keep ya off from chains. Har har

• The Halfling Defence League

@Grak01:

@10e06011b1=Pyrus:

@10e06011b1=sd_luv:

_Bards and common folks speak by the fires and inns of Ostertag the Coward!…

...When Dietrick hears of the dishonorable and despicable act Ostromog does he became quite angry and insults Ostromog, commenting on his cowardice and spitting at his name._

Grak is relaxing at Jiiyd campfire, snickering at Dietrick commenting

Har har! Silly shorty, sulk and pout all ya wants. Soon shorty gots ability to pout fer dem Ostromog-curr directly. Grak has heard that Ostromog is coming fer this town with great number of troops.

Whut Grak has also heard, is that dem forces outnumber ya shorties with everything; height, cunning, numbers, strength, weapon reach and size of feet. Har har har. Only thing, they get second place is hiding, stealing and sniveling. That bes best yar kind does.

Days are over fer yar little valley, soon it will be called slave-pen-valley filled with yar kind, in chains… Harh Harh. Perhaps Grak should enlist to hold the whip that bes constantly licking yar backs. Har har har!

_Dietrick doesn't seem affected in the least , rather he simply says in sarcastic tone…

"Says a lil' whelp who wun dare to stand in front of me blade..... Say right-size are weak and weaker? Come have un' duel with Dietrick if ya dare and we'd see if ya kin even last two rounds....."_

• ICC

Araganor boldly strides to Grak's side and stands next to him to converse.

• *General Lyte, standing at her customery spot in front of the western gates of the town, seems overwhelmed with townsfolk and visitors alike, inquiring minds wanting to substantiate rumors about mighty General's Grags one-orc display of verisimilitude while trapped within the secret, stone clad bugbear fortress, following Ostramog's attempt at treacherous ambuscade.

The tale of his valiant deeds, especially from the mouth of the straightforward First Seat of Safety of the town, seems to bring forth feelings of passionate optimism and offers of free cigars, and other generous wishes of well being to the legendary half-orc General.

Hope springs eternal, it seems*

"Be it true th' Ganral killed a mess o' those handy big battlerager types all on his lonesome?", asks one of Jiyyd's militia regulars.

Lyte shakes her head seriously as some farmers stop to listen

"No. These's were tougher bugbears, I think. Ostramog's very own elite bear Guardians surrounded him and he had a running fight with the brutes within the walls of the fortress. You could hear him bellowing and axes clanging. A small group of us were waiting just outside the walls of the bugbear citadel hoping for the General's return from his meeting, and we were aghast when they bushwacked him in there, when he had asked for a truce to talk."

More folks gather around

"These brutes attacked the General under a flag of truce?", asks a matronly hin with a basket of apples.

Lyte nods, obviously looking around surprisedly at the growing throng of Grag well-wishers and groupies.

_"He originally loudly banged on their giant stone gate, demanding an audience with self appointed King Ostramog. He wanted to introduce himself, I guess, and try to work out a civilized truce.

I had advised against him trusting anything these bugbears would say, do or promise, but he insisted on seeing and judging their King himself.

When a bugbear Guardian at the gate would not allow him to see the king, a deal was bargained that Grag would be allowed to pass safely, if he defeated this champion in a fight.

The General vanquished this gate-guard, who neglected to yield, though the General gave him the merciful opportunity, and then, Grag was allowed into their Fortress.

They slammed the gate behind him, and the palace Guard attempted to capture and unarm him.

Much to their chagrin, General Grag of the Royal Troff Legion is a force unto himself, and they probably aimed their axe blows at his very, very hard head, a mistake many enemies have made and not lived to tell about."_

Lyte allows herself a hand flourish to punctuate her story, and draws a few laughs from citizens who know Grag's hard headedness well.

"Wal' missy Lyte, I'd like to donate this here churn o' butter to th' Genral, for his toast in the morning!", a polka dot dressed farmer's wife offers.

Suddenly an avalanche of appreciative offers descends upon the slight General from the appreciative townsfolk.

_"Here's a goodly mule I'd like to donate to th' Legion, Gen'ral Lyte. He's almost stubborn as Grag, and twice as fat!"

" Gan'ral Grag's single yet, aint he? My sweet Pottilla's a fine cook, and I'd enjoy havin' a military man in the family!"

" I made General Grag these apple tarts. Cn' I get an autograph for my kids?"_

After thanking Jiyyd's friends and inhabitants for the many gifts for General Grag, Lyte holds up a hand for an announcement.

_"Thank you for your well wishes, gifts and kind offers.

As you all know, these bugbears are despicable characters, bent on ruling these lands. They are evil, they are many, and this leader character of theirs will no doubt try and atempt to sew fear and death among all he can.

The Legion can use help. We have many projects in the works to try and make Jiyyd a safer place to live, and to try to insure the safety of it's inhabitants as much as possible.

These past twelve years, Jiyyd has prospered. We have had bountiful harvests and local families have increased in number. New farms have spread out east and south.

We are asking all farmers to set aside a portion of their crops in a community barn inside the town walls. This will help us to survive, should the bugbears manage to destroy any of the outlying farms. I know I can count on your support on this.

Also, we are seeking any aid in the fields of carpentry and masonry that you spare on your off hours. We have a few repairs to make to siege weapons, walls, and the like.

Finally, I would like to request some young, fleet volunteers from the ranks of the older children for duty as runners and messengers back and forth between our various guard posts. These will be paid positions, and quite important tasks in the overall well-being of the community. I will only accept these positions from long time citizen's families…as these jobs demand great trust!"_

Lyte smiles brightly, and takes note of volunteers offering any foodstuffs, services, and youthful runners.

• Fergets dats Mr Grag… juss push da whelp in da front a da battle lines and watch Mr Grak piss his pants I betchas. If da feller was as good wid a sword as he was wid his mouth Jiyyd be saved three times over alrudy.

Telli snorts watching the horizon for the battle to come.

• Legion

Grag overhears Grak and just simply looks in his direction and lifts his axe at him with a wink

• ICC

@Pyrus:

@283d132a28=sd_luv:

_Bards and common folks speak by the fires and inns of Ostertag the Coward!…

...When Dietrick hears of the dishonorable and despicable act Ostromog does he became quite angry and insults Ostromog, commenting on his cowardice and spitting at his name._

Grak is relaxing at Jiiyd campfire, snickering at Dietrick commenting

Har har! Silly shorty, sulk and pout all ya wants. Soon shorty gots ability to pout fer dem Ostromog-curr directly. Grak has heard that Ostromog is coming fer this town with great number of troops.

Whut Grak has also heard, is that dem forces outnumber ya shorties with everything; height, cunning, numbers, strength, weapon reach and size of feet. Har har har. Only thing, they get second place is hiding, stealing and sniveling. That bes best yar kind does.

Days are over fer yar little valley, soon it will be called slave-pen-valley filled with yar kind, in chains… Harh Harh. Perhaps Grak should enlist to hold the whip that bes constantly licking yar backs. Har har har!

//double post, deleted this one

@fa8d7ce89f=sd_luv:

Bards and common folks speak by the fires and inns of Ostertag the Coward! Rumor has it his strongest guard chalLenged Grag to a duel if won he would be granted passage. Once loosing Grag was invited inside osterdoggs fortress. Suddenly it is said grag was ambushed by 6 more of his strongest axe weilding fiends! "If grag can defeat 6 at once they must be weak! Look how old and fat grag is he can hardly move his feet!!" "His axe chopped them in two let us all join forces and defeat osterdogg too!"

When Dietrick hears of the dishonorable and despicable act Ostromog does he became quite angry and insults Ostromog, commenting on his cowardice and spitting at his name.

• ((correct

@574be63a55=sd_luv:

Bards and common folks speak by the fires and inns of Ostertag the Coward! Rumor has it his strongest guard chalLenged Grag to a duel if won he would be granted passage. Once loosing Grag was invited inside osterdoggs fortress. Suddenly it is said grag was ambushed by 6 more of his strongest axe weilding fiends! "If grag can defeat 6 at once they must be weak! Look how old and fat grag is he can hardly move his feet!!" "His axe chopped them in two let us all join forces and defeat osterdogg too!"

((Didn't quite understand the last few lines. You mean "Grag defeated the 6 ambushers correct?"))

• Legion

• Several hunters returning from a wolf hunt in the mountains to the east of jiyyd claim they witnessed a snowgoblin tribe fighting to reclaim their cave home from a horde of green slimes. From their accounts it would seem the goblins had their hands full for the better part of a day before they finally reclaimed their mountain cave from the gooey invaders.

• _It was another quiet evening in Jiyyd. Peaceful farm animals roamed the muddied streets of the little hamlet, causing nervous flinching from a certain gnomish scholar with a very large hat, perched on a bench near the fire. Joining her at the fire were four other women - the white-clad Ilmaterian Aithe, the quiet and dark-clad hin Niea, Cerulean Knight Alana and the exotic-looking mage Dyani.

Potential danger of barn yard animal trampling aside, it would have been an unremarkable evening but for the old man with the staff, emerging from the inn to spin a tale of a book buried in the nearby hills. The five ladies bravely set out to find said book a short while later, returning with tales of horrid undead, apparantly causing the death of the hin. Notably, some form of disagreement within the party caused the others to depart in less than fine spirits, leaving Caramella and Aithe in quiet, concerned discussion._

• @04f5bbee95=Grak01:

Grak pours drink down his throath at Jiyyd campfire and swipes his big-mouth clean with his large hand

_"Oi, ya rumormongering gits.. Grak's fox-like ears heard a rumor saying dem same fat-shorty female, whose nose resembles of disease (describing fits to Telli Thunden, without the nose-comment) was responsible of death of many innocent huuuumies."

Hopefully dem guards keep gate locked from such pompous harbinger of doom, who tries to act like strong warrior… Like that windbag, peg-legged Ballista-Boy (describes Dentin Strauss) Har har har har!_

takes another swig from the bottle and swipes his mouth clean

"Hurh, whut ya asks huuumie? Where Grak's gots so much coins and bottles, eh?? Well, Grak's clan has mades good deal with dem shorty-boss of northern town. Thanks fer Shorty's coin coffer, since it feeds Graks purse as well as bridge troll collects taxes for crossing. Har har har!"

((if i am the 'shorty' in question, I will point out that not one coin has been paid yet… 🙂 carry on...))

• ICC

Grak pours drink down his throath at Jiyyd campfire and swipes his big-mouth clean with his large hand

_"Oi, ya rumormongering gits.. Grak's fox-like ears heard a rumor saying dem same fat-shorty female, whose nose resembles of disease (describing fits to Telli Thunden, without the nose-comment) was responsible of death of many innocent huuuumies."

Hopefully dem guards keep gate locked from such pompous harbinger of doom, who tries to act like strong warrior… Like that windbag, peg-legged Ballista-Boy (describes Dentin Strauss) Har har har har!_

takes another swig from the bottle and swipes his mouth clean

"Hurh, whut ya asks huuumie? Where Grak's gots so much coins and bottles, eh?? Well, Grak's clan has mades good deal with dem shorty-boss of northern town. Thanks fer Shorty's coin coffer, since it feeds Graks purse as well as bridge troll collects taxes for crossing. Har har har!"

• A weary, yet satisfied group returned recently from the east, lead by the resolute Ilmaterian Aithe Avhoste. Giggly-lala's own Caramella and Gilda seemed delighted at the Liberation of, among other things, some fine tea and several bottles of Mushroom Brew, while the trappy-trickster of the group, miss Ashe, wore an unusually somber expression. Minstrel Connar, dark-clad Orem and a gold-plated elven swordsman completed the group, all spending some time at the inn while dividing the spoils of a daring raid against a fortified cave filled with snowgoblins.

//Apologies in advance - I never can seem to remember the name of Summoner's new character, durn those long elven names!

• General Theaon hears of this and makes haste towards the Legion Hall