Jiyyd Rumors

• Legion

Grag overhears Grak and just simply looks in his direction and lifts his axe at him with a wink

• ICC

@Pyrus:

@283d132a28=sd_luv:

_Bards and common folks speak by the fires and inns of Ostertag the Coward!…

...When Dietrick hears of the dishonorable and despicable act Ostromog does he became quite angry and insults Ostromog, commenting on his cowardice and spitting at his name._

Grak is relaxing at Jiiyd campfire, snickering at Dietrick commenting

Har har! Silly shorty, sulk and pout all ya wants. Soon shorty gots ability to pout fer dem Ostromog-curr directly. Grak has heard that Ostromog is coming fer this town with great number of troops.

Whut Grak has also heard, is that dem forces outnumber ya shorties with everything; height, cunning, numbers, strength, weapon reach and size of feet. Har har har. Only thing, they get second place is hiding, stealing and sniveling. That bes best yar kind does.

Days are over fer yar little valley, soon it will be called slave-pen-valley filled with yar kind, in chains… Harh Harh. Perhaps Grak should enlist to hold the whip that bes constantly licking yar backs. Har har har!

• The Halfling Defence League

//double post, deleted this one

@fa8d7ce89f=sd_luv:

Bards and common folks speak by the fires and inns of Ostertag the Coward! Rumor has it his strongest guard chalLenged Grag to a duel if won he would be granted passage. Once loosing Grag was invited inside osterdoggs fortress. Suddenly it is said grag was ambushed by 6 more of his strongest axe weilding fiends! "If grag can defeat 6 at once they must be weak! Look how old and fat grag is he can hardly move his feet!!" "His axe chopped them in two let us all join forces and defeat osterdogg too!"

When Dietrick hears of the dishonorable and despicable act Ostromog does he became quite angry and insults Ostromog, commenting on his cowardice and spitting at his name.

• ((correct

@574be63a55=sd_luv:

Bards and common folks speak by the fires and inns of Ostertag the Coward! Rumor has it his strongest guard chalLenged Grag to a duel if won he would be granted passage. Once loosing Grag was invited inside osterdoggs fortress. Suddenly it is said grag was ambushed by 6 more of his strongest axe weilding fiends! "If grag can defeat 6 at once they must be weak! Look how old and fat grag is he can hardly move his feet!!" "His axe chopped them in two let us all join forces and defeat osterdogg too!"

((Didn't quite understand the last few lines. You mean "Grag defeated the 6 ambushers correct?"))

• Legion

• Several hunters returning from a wolf hunt in the mountains to the east of jiyyd claim they witnessed a snowgoblin tribe fighting to reclaim their cave home from a horde of green slimes. From their accounts it would seem the goblins had their hands full for the better part of a day before they finally reclaimed their mountain cave from the gooey invaders.

• _It was another quiet evening in Jiyyd. Peaceful farm animals roamed the muddied streets of the little hamlet, causing nervous flinching from a certain gnomish scholar with a very large hat, perched on a bench near the fire. Joining her at the fire were four other women - the white-clad Ilmaterian Aithe, the quiet and dark-clad hin Niea, Cerulean Knight Alana and the exotic-looking mage Dyani.

Potential danger of barn yard animal trampling aside, it would have been an unremarkable evening but for the old man with the staff, emerging from the inn to spin a tale of a book buried in the nearby hills. The five ladies bravely set out to find said book a short while later, returning with tales of horrid undead, apparantly causing the death of the hin. Notably, some form of disagreement within the party caused the others to depart in less than fine spirits, leaving Caramella and Aithe in quiet, concerned discussion._

• @04f5bbee95=Grak01:

Grak pours drink down his throath at Jiyyd campfire and swipes his big-mouth clean with his large hand

_"Oi, ya rumormongering gits.. Grak's fox-like ears heard a rumor saying dem same fat-shorty female, whose nose resembles of disease (describing fits to Telli Thunden, without the nose-comment) was responsible of death of many innocent huuuumies."

Hopefully dem guards keep gate locked from such pompous harbinger of doom, who tries to act like strong warrior… Like that windbag, peg-legged Ballista-Boy (describes Dentin Strauss) Har har har har!_

takes another swig from the bottle and swipes his mouth clean

"Hurh, whut ya asks huuumie? Where Grak's gots so much coins and bottles, eh?? Well, Grak's clan has mades good deal with dem shorty-boss of northern town. Thanks fer Shorty's coin coffer, since it feeds Graks purse as well as bridge troll collects taxes for crossing. Har har har!"

((if i am the 'shorty' in question, I will point out that not one coin has been paid yet… 🙂 carry on...))

• ICC

Grak pours drink down his throath at Jiyyd campfire and swipes his big-mouth clean with his large hand

_"Oi, ya rumormongering gits.. Grak's fox-like ears heard a rumor saying dem same fat-shorty female, whose nose resembles of disease (describing fits to Telli Thunden, without the nose-comment) was responsible of death of many innocent huuuumies."

Hopefully dem guards keep gate locked from such pompous harbinger of doom, who tries to act like strong warrior… Like that windbag, peg-legged Ballista-Boy (describes Dentin Strauss) Har har har har!_

takes another swig from the bottle and swipes his mouth clean

"Hurh, whut ya asks huuumie? Where Grak's gots so much coins and bottles, eh?? Well, Grak's clan has mades good deal with dem shorty-boss of northern town. Thanks fer Shorty's coin coffer, since it feeds Graks purse as well as bridge troll collects taxes for crossing. Har har har!"

• A weary, yet satisfied group returned recently from the east, lead by the resolute Ilmaterian Aithe Avhoste. Giggly-lala's own Caramella and Gilda seemed delighted at the Liberation of, among other things, some fine tea and several bottles of Mushroom Brew, while the trappy-trickster of the group, miss Ashe, wore an unusually somber expression. Minstrel Connar, dark-clad Orem and a gold-plated elven swordsman completed the group, all spending some time at the inn while dividing the spoils of a daring raid against a fortified cave filled with snowgoblins.

//Apologies in advance - I never can seem to remember the name of Summoner's new character, durn those long elven names!

• General Theaon hears of this and makes haste towards the Legion Hall

• *General Lyte, gone for several days, stumbles into Jiyyd early in the morning looking truly, miserably tired and worn.

She speaks briefly to the gate guard, who goes running like crazy for Captain Jus'tine. The gate guards are doubled both east and west, and rumors abound that some new trouble is afoot.

A squad of Legion soldiers soon leave town east, no doubt towards the far eastern outpost at the edge of the farmlands.

Seemingly satisfied that things are moving forward, the woman stumbles towards the Legion hall, inquring with everyone she comes accross her need to speak to General Theaon IMMEDIATELY.

Some of the local farmers look almost concerned, before they go back to their chores.*

• Several people having mentioned Grummish worshipping half orcs asking questions in Jiyyd, First Seat of Safety Lyte warns Captain Jus'tine and the gate guards to be on alert for these shifty, probably evil persons.

• The stench and gutural grunts were smelled and heard steadily over several days as a large number of half orcs wandered through and about town. They eventually tromped from the swamps and out the west gates and dissapeared into the plains.

• @df6b91bba9=Tobias:

After he passed out, a figure in a black and red trenchcoat and huge black helmet is seen drawing all over Benji's face with an ink pen enchanted to be unremovable.

After a few days, the ink fades away, as normal ink is apt to do over time - much to the dark figure's chagrin.

///OOC - When he realizes that the "enchanted" pen was, indeed, just a plain old quill pen, he begins to question some of his other, more recent, purchases. Namely, the deed to a very famous bridge. :lol:

• A short time ago, the girl who keeps enlisting help from the nearby willing adventurers was struck down, by rats.

Apparently the vermin tried to take over Jiyyd… or so the local farmers and towsfolk say.

A few adventureres know better, and watchwoman bascha recounts a tale.

"So there I was, a'killin some more o'them vermin, and i reloaded another bolt in me trusty ole crossbow, when it went off. I think I got somebody on accident, but there was nobody wounded when I looked up there, so either I dreamed it, or they vanished."

The rats seemed to flock towards a local magicker, who seems positively distraugh and unknowing of why it was all happening.
    Here and there throughout the night of rat-filled terror, a thin shape in a flowing coat was darting up out of the tall grass making blood fly, or sending arrows out like whispers from atop the archery stand.

The poor inn-maid have a tale to recount as well.

"So we hears the door open we do, and then summa those angry squeaky sounds, them rats trying ta make meals outta decent folk y'know... and then we heard a sound like the cook slicing up the meat for the pies, and when we looked, some girl in a coat was all blood covered and walking towards the bunks. She threw me some coin as I wasn't about to argue with her makin a mess, but that was until I saw the entryway! Rat carcasses the size o'dogs!

How they got in there I don't know, but I'm glad she found em and not us... I'm asking fer a raise! "

The girl mentioned is said to have a black coat and a bow, or something. She must not haev been terribly remarkable for nobody to remember her features. Fancy that.

• Hammermaid of the Gali, Sela Thenders, taking pity on the recumbent form she sees lying there, goes to the nearest well, draws a bucket of cold water out and dumps it upon the raucously snoring Benji, thus both cleansing him of the graffiti and waking the poor bastard before Tiffiny sees him there….

PapaD

• Legion

A triumphant Benji leaves the Regal Whore absolutely smashed on cheap ale. He waves around a giant oak crossbow, an apparent passed final test of the Crafter's Union.

This attempts to test fire the weapon at the range were thwarted by the complexity of the weapon's loading mechanism and his apparent drunkenness.

He finally passed out, curled into the fetal position, and slept peacefully next to the orcish combat dummy cradling his crossbow.