NPC short quests

• Instead of me having to think up of ways to take over a NPC who might have jobs or little mini quests to hand out. I thought to myself. Why not have the player base give out thier thoughts and ideas. Having 50 people all using their head and ideas will give me many many more ideas to chose from and will allow me to get some work done at work 😉

Make it brief and to the point. something like this:

1: Lens hires someone to carry a letter to peltarch to the magistrate
    2: Smasha has a headache and needs medicine.
    3: Small fire in the barn needs to be put out or the building will be lost.

Keep your post on topic. No commenting on other folks posts. Anything not related to the topic will be deleted. After I get a hundred Ideas from all of you. I will put them all in one nice neat little list. Post it for all the DM's to see in the Jiyyd council forums where only the DM's can see it.

Then when you are sitting around the well. I can roll a d100 die, jump into the NPC and give you and I something to do besides watching someone emote. ::scratching my butt:: 😉

• @3f5fa11041=Herrold:

@3f5fa11041=Salsadoom:

110. The exotic shop needs…well, something new and exotic!

Notice the subtlety with which Salsadoom slides in a personal quest into the list.

Bah, there goes 113. Mog finds a big magicky sword

:twisted:

Sad part is I hadn't even thought of that, I was thinking like a blood rose or some such item. eh..need to be more crafty.

:twisted:

113. A local druid needs mistletoe collected for an upcoming ritual.

• @20ecf5faa7=Salsadoom:

Notice the subtlety with which Salsadoom slides in a personal quest into the list.

• Thanks.

Well, I am trying to get a mixture of different classes and levels. Not all require combat. Want to make sure everyone has a chance of a doable quest. Some are just RP oppurtunities.

101. A local girl is kidnapped. In reality she has run off with her love away from her tyrannical father but her father tells the PCs differently.
    102. An odd sickness has stricken Jiyyd. One sick child mumbles something about orcs and caves.
    103. Two rival Bards are fighting (verbally) over who is the best. They want a contest.
    104. A statue had been unearthed in orcs lands. It needs moved. It weighs 800 pds.
    105. The local inn has a big rat problem, a really big rat.
    106. A roaming pocket of wild magic/dead magic hits Jiyyd.
    107. A local guard has lost their weapon somewhere in Jiyyd.
    108. Wandering spirit is seen about Jiyyd looking for something/someone.
    109. The chickens have flown the coop!
    111. An ancient burial place is discovered, bring back the contents.
    112. The local cobbler needs leather, bring back 20 hides.

• Legion

points to salsas list Let me know when you get to half of those LOL….. sheesh nice work salsa I need to promoite you again 😛

• Three cheers for Salsadoom :!: :!: :!:

Now that is someone who is a go getter. Thanks to the rest of you as well. Anyone else wish to add to the list, feel free to. I will add new ones after I use one that is on the list already.

(breaks out the d100 and gets ready to roll 😉 ).

• Need more? Appeneded the others on as well:

1. Lens hires someone to carry a letter to peltarch to the magistrate
    2. Smasha has a headache and needs medicine.
    3: Small fire in the barn needs to be put out or the building will be lost.
    4.Item from Budos shop needs urgent delivery to <insert location="" here="">5.Bar fight needs to be broken up
    6.Someone left the heat on the forge high in the trade hall and its exploded(one that’s done quite often actually)
    7.Healer needs Vervain root for medicine.
    8. Need to capture a stirge to produce cure for stirge bite
    9.A nice lowbie quest that DM Gort did for some of us was to get rid of rat nests in town.
    10."Scavenger hunt" quests are fun too. Depending on the party, running errands and finding items for local shopkeepers and citizens make good one-shot events.
    11. Maybe the Jiyyd merchants trade with the Featherlights and with Ormpur, and need to hire caravans of adventurers to bring their goods back to Jiyyd?
    12. Some orcs have raided the barn need to rescue or exact bloody revenge upon them and retrieve the produce.
    13. NPC has fallen for a player, convince her/he is not the best choice and find another match for her (^_^ also the introduction of a new NPC to Jiyyd)
    14. A caravan arrives in Jiyyd and wishes to be taken to Ormpur.
    15. it’s a cold winter and the clothing store needs some winter wolf pelts to make some more fur lined clothes.
    16.Something is wrong with the well, someone needs to go down in there and find out why there is no more water.
    17. Something insectoid has burrowed into the cave and has even the rats and bats scared out of it, someone needs to clear it out.
    18. The spa has suddenly grown cold, something must be done to reheat it or find out what has sapped the warmth from its pools.
    19. A group of performers has moved in for a short stay in Jiyyd on its way to Peltarch, something is stolen and blame is immediately put on them, someone must investigate and get to the bottom of this, was it them or was it someone in town?
    20. A Mage comes to town with a mysterious creature, foolish children of the town have released it and now someone needs to recapture it.
    21. Someone wishes to survey the ruins in the orc plains, they are thinking about rebuilding a tower there but he needs time and protection as he studies the ground and the portal that does not work anymore
    22. An other planar being comes through the portal by the ruins, it closes up and he needs protection and time to figure out how to get back to his plane. He talks funny and speaks of boxes with pictures in it and carts that move by themselves, can you believe it?
    23. Cows on the loose oh the humanity cows on the loose! They have some Mad Cow Disease they attack all! Can a cure be found close by? Or far away?
    24. Little Jessica has lost her puppy wont someone help her find it, oh by the way did she forget to tell you it was a Worg that shes been throwing food at over the gate?
    25. Werewolf epidemic?! Is there a cure in sight? Oh in Ormpur, but that is dangerous!
    26 A most annoying Orc stands at the gates challenging another to a fist fight he offers something shiny as a reward if defeated.
    27. One of the girls has been taken by the Orcs, one can only imagine what the Orcs want her for, someone must A)sneak into orc lands and save her (pref a half orc) or B)crack some skulls Legion style.
    28. A pyromaniac kid being a jerk and setting small fires everywhere around town, until caught and spanked. Gets a lot of oil and sets the southern gates on fire. The orcs wouldn't miss this show.
    29. A group of traveling bards arrives in Jiyyd, and settles in for a few months. Young girls swooned, ale barrels emptied, crystal-balls thrown through the Inn window, and generally questionable behavior.
    30. Someone/thing makes a nest in the lower levels of the bat cave. Although dangerous, it's not belligerent, it is fleeing from something nasty, and probably came to the bat caves through the old well in the cave.
    31. Someone has/wants/is selling a collection of petrified pixies.
    32. There's something in the underground lake, which lies in the caves in the swamps.
    33. Someone in town wants to set up a (private?) library, and wants to get as many books as possible. At first he doesn't have anything, and buys even the most common books from adventurers, but after his collection gets bigger, he can send parties on quests for grand old tomes of mystery.
    34. A nobleman from Peltarch arrives looking for a thief that has stolen from him. Obviously the thief is in Jiyyd.
    35. Orcs have broken into the windmill and stolen a needed gear. It must be found.
    36. A hunter from Peltarch is offering a bounty on ears………..
    37. A visiting mage has lost his spellbook. Unfortunately it has been ripped apart and the pages scattered.
    38. A cleric, seeking a healing regent that can only be found in the swamps, is in town.
    39. A troll from the swamp is threatening the town to return a totem stolen from it. Find the totem or kill the troll.
    40. A band of hobgoblins have set a blockade on Jiyyd.
    41. An undead creature has arisen in the bat caves. From where remains a mystery.
    42. The tunnel from the well has been reopened releasing orcs into town.
    43. A child has fallen in the well and has wandered deeper in.
    44. A Union Craftsman needs a scouting party to find a new source of resources.
    45. An urgent message needs delivered to a Legion member out on patrol.
    46. A sickness has spread in Jiyyd, a witch in the swamps may know the cure but at what price?
    47. A band of bandits has taken up camp between Jiyyd and Ormpur.
    48. Cave in, a reckless miner is trapped in the bat caves.
    49. A shipment of fine dwarven ale has been waylaid by the hobgoblins.
    50. Orcs have been sighted scouring the swamps for something.
    51. A young paladin needs help proving his worth against the orcs. He must survive.
    52. The local well has become poisoned and the cause must be fixed.
    53. A hobgoblin bard has been using it’s using music to lure victims.
    54. A queen stirge has arisen in the swamps.
    55. A band of bandits have kidnapped some citizens and are rumored to hide out in the swamp cave.
    56. A young black dragon has taken residence in the Jiyyd caves.
    57. An old treasure map has been found showing the location of a nearby trove.
    58. A cursed item has been uncovered in the swamps and needs to be taken to Peltarch to be destroyed.
    59. Something is driving the wisps from the swamps into Jiyyd.
    60. A wife is worried that her husband has not returned yet.
    61. Ghouls are prowling the outskirts of town at night.
    62. An invisible imp is causing trouble in town.
    63. A band of wolves from Ormpur has moved outside Jiyyd.
    64. A child from Ormpur has wandered into Jiyyd.
    65. A band of kobolds are trying to claim the swamp caves as their own.
    66. Spiders from the orcs roam the roads to Jiyyd
    67. A cat has disappeared and needs to be located.
    68. The dead have begun to rise.
    69. A holy item stolen from a pilgrimage needs recovered.
    70. A group of Cryicists have taken residence in the swamp.
    71. A faction of orcs and Hobgoblins are squabbling and blocking the road to Jiyyd
    72. An orc shaman has proclaimed himself king of Jiyyd and attacks those that oppose him.
    73. An orc has been seen wearing the garments of the Phoenix Order and they must be retrieved.
    74. A Union member asks for 6 suits of nickel scale.
    75. A local merchant needs an order filled in 24 hours. He heeds 30 shields and 10 light crossbows.
    76. A group of formians have dug into the bat caves.
    77. A yuanti scouting party has been spotted near Jiyyd.
    78. The gods have deemed Jiyyd unworthy, the citizens must prove their worth or be smited.
    79. A mad man is on the lose, trouble is, he has to be taken alive.
    80. Odd weather points to magic, who is causing the weather?
    81. A charlatan is about town causing havoc.
    82. A beggar steals a PCs precious item and runs off.
    83. A family is in need of help, they need 300 gold by the end of the week or they get evicted.
    84. The Legion is looking for more supplies to sustain it’s wars.
    85. Goblin rogues are plaguing the town.
    86. Fiendish orcs have been sighted.
    87. Undead orcs are marching on Jiyyd.
    88. An orc warlord challenges the best fighter in Jiyyd to a duel.
    89. A wizard has been robbed and needs his stash retrieved.
    90. A group of orcs/hobgoblins have been seen using a variety of scroll and potions of late.
    91. A renegade Orc asks for help.
    92. Someone has been robbing the stores.
    93. A were creature seems to have taken up residence outside Jiyyd.
    94. A wizard doing research on the area needs help with an excavation.
    95. A mysterious fog blankets Jiyyd.
    96. Someone has been cursed into a troll, they need taken alive to be cured.
    97. Drow have entered Jiyyd thru the well.
    98. All the rivers have dried up. Seems someone has made a dam in the swamps.
    99. The portal has opened and undead are passing thru. Seems a holy item that was lost can close it for a while.
    100. A paladin has turned blackguard, too bad for them.</insert>

• bump lets go folks. I need one hundred Ideas so I can use my PnP d100 sided die. Keep the thoughts coming. 😉

• A pyromanic kid being a jerk and setting small fires everywhere around town, until caught and spanked. Gets a lot of oil and sets the southern gates on fire. The orcs wouldn't miss this show. :twisted:

A group of travelling bards arrive in Jiyyd, and settle in for a few months. Young girls swooned, ale barrells emptied, crystal-balls thrown through the Inn window, and generally questionable behaviour.

Someone/thing makes a nest in the lower levels of the batcave. Although dangerous, it's not belligerent, it is fleeing from something nasty, and probably came to the batcaves through the old well in the cave.

Someone has/wants/is selling a collection of petrified pixies. (I once ran a whole campaign about petrified pixies, but I won't go into detail 🙂 )

There's something in the underground lake, which lies in the caves in the swamps.

Someone in town wants to set up a (private?) library, and wants to get as many books as possible. At first he doesn't have anything, and buys even the most common books from adventurers, but after his collection gets bigger, he can send parties on quests for grand old tomes of mystery. 😉

• 1)Some orcs have raided the barn need to rescue or exact bloody revenge upon them and retrieve the produce.

2)NPC has fallen for a player, convince her/he is not the best coice and find another match for her (^_^ also the introduction of a new NPC to Jiyyd)

3)A caravan arrives in Jiyyd and wishes to be taken to Ormpur.

4)Its a cold winter and the clothing store needs some winterwolf pelts to make some more fur lined clothes.

5)Something is wrong with the well, someone needs to go down in there and find out why there is no more water.

6)Something insectoid has burrowed into the cave and has even the rats and bats scared out of it, someone needs to clear it out.

7)The spa has suddenly grown cold, something must be done to reheat it or find out what has sapped the warmth from its pools.

8)A group of preformers has moved in for a short stay in Jiyyd on its way to Peltarch, something is stolen and blame is immediatly put on them, someone must investigate and get to the bottom of this, was it them or was it someone in town?

9)A Mage comes to town with a mysterious creature, foolish children of the town have released it and now someone needs to recapture it.

10)Someone wishes to servay the ruins in the orc plains, they are thinking about rebuilding a tower there but he needs time and protection as he studies the ground and the portal that does not work anymore

11)An other planar being comes through the portal by the ruins, it closes up and he needs protection and time to figure out how to get back to his plane. He talks funny and speaks of boxes with pictures in it and carts that move by themselves, can you believe it?

12)Cows on the loose oh the humanity cows on the loose! they have some Mad Cow Desieas they attack all! Can a cure be found close by? or far away?

13)Little jessica has lost her puppy wont someone help her find it, oh by the way did she forget to tell you it was a Worg that shes been throwing food at over the gate?

14)Werewolf epidemic?! Is there a cure in sight? Oh in Ormpur, but that is dangerious!

15)A most annoying Orc stands at the gates challenging another to a fist fight he offers something shiny as a reward if defeated.

16)One of the girls has been taken by the Orcs, one can only imagine what the Orcs want her for, someone must A)sneek into orc lands and save her (pref a half orc) or B)crack some skulls Legion style.

its 2am thats all I can think of, till lata, hope to move here soon.

"Just tossing my thoughts to the wind, Listen if you will"

• A nice lowbie quest that DM Gort did for some of us was to get rid of rat nests in town. Pest control events are fun.

"Scavenger hunt" quests are fun too. Depending on the party, running errands and finding items for local shopkeepers and citizens make good one-shot events. Maybe the Jiyyd merchants trade with the Featherlights and with Ormpur, and need to hire caravans of adventurers to bring their goods back to Jiyyd?

• Item from Budos shop needs urgent delivery to <insert location="" here="">Bar fight needs to be broken up

Someone left the heat on the forge high in the trade hall and its exploded(one thats done quite often actually 😉 )

Healer needs Vervain root for medicine.

need to capture a stirge to produce cure for stirge bite</insert>