May the Lady of Midnight's words be heard...

• In the recent months Corde has been seen traveling heavily through the underground caverns and even up to the surface more regularly. He's assisting others as well as working himself to pull down ore, wood, and other materials for building and has been dillegently helping with mutliple buildings around arnath. He has seemed to occupy one of the empty shops still looking for an owner, going there at the end of each tenday at what would be the midngiht hour. Dimming all the lights there and gathering those of the town that are drawn to the place he has been giving teachings and prayers to those that wish it from the Lady of Midnight, Shar. While the service was small at first many of the city found her doctrine of secrets, knowledge, and revenge to appeal to many parts of them. As time has gone on the service has grown, yet still the sounds within it barely anything louder then the whisper of Corde's voice, with some perhaps not taking her as thier patron but still holding a place in themselves for the Diety. Between services he walks the city, helping those he can, talking to those that wish, and inviting anyone who seems to have a taste for what the goddess stresses to come with him to these services.

• For the first time within the city of Oscura, Corde Sharr'dak…Heirophant of Shar and High Priest of the Temple of the Deep...gave a small sermon on the nature of the Dark Lady. However, this one seemed to be much more of an impromtu speech of his goddess, mostly musing to himself and those that listened. As his talk went on, more were drawn from the street listening to his words or perhaps simply marveling at the Soul Well

@c7632f242a:

Spoken by Corde ::removes his cowl, blinking a few times under it from the adjustment to the light, a strange darkness present under the fabric almost supernaturally, exposing only two deep green eyes underneath::

Spoken by Nicahh looks into the deep green eyes, observing the depth of color in them

Spoken by Corde ::Closing his eyes and breathing deeply in as he lets the feeling of the well wash over him before slowly beginning to speak:: It is amazing how many fear this creation, that let it eat away at them…

Spoken by Nicahh I do not fear it…

Spoken by Corde They do not understand the strength it presents…the strength it represents. The pain, the agony, the sorrow...the feelings of Loss, pure and simple...the basest of human emotions and yet so many do not understand them

Spoken by Nicahh nods slowly, her breathing slightly increased

Spoken by Corde Man is a creation that thrives upon these things…one must only look at any person that was given everything from the start and others who have had all taken away and then pulled back up to see.

Spoken by Corde Mortals are not defined by what they accomplish…by their happiness or pleasure. These things are simply reactions to what is true. Agony, despair, sorrow...Loss...these form who we are, fuel who we are

Spoken by Nicahh nods again, her eyes fixated on the well and him

Spoken by Corde No mortal has lived has not lost something dear to them in some way…be it a loved one, be it a possession, a home, innocence. And through these losses we push forward, we allow those feelings of pain and sorrow to guide us, to urge us forward

Spoken by Corde :::Breaths in deep as the well swells and the echo of pain seeps out:: So many can not see it, do not understand it. I met a paladin some tendays ago, telling me of his past…of what led him to his god

Spoken by Corde He believed it a righteous cause…a need to be good. But at its base...at its beginning, was the murderer...the Loss...of his father. Had it not been for that the man would be a simple farmer or something akin, toiling in fields and living a life he despised...

Spoken by Corde But his pain made him strong…fueled him...gave him purpose and a need. And yet if given a chance he would strike down the follows of my Goddess without realizing that it is her message that led him to his divine path

Spoken by Nicahh smiles slightly, listening, her dark eyes staring

Spoken by Nicahh Paladins are often blind to the obvious. But most everybody is.

Spoken by Corde So many are blind to it, but yet it touches them all. It is why she was the first goddess, coming before all kind. Loss is something shared by every person…whenever they mourn it, agonize over it, use it to spur them forward, they are giving tribute to her and not even knowing it

Spoken by Corde ::nods to her:: All mortals are blind and have their eyes shaded in darkness at times, for only the divine truly see all that is

Spoken by Corde It is the beauty and curse of mortality at once…our blindness brings us mistakes, brings us ill surprises, brings up problems...however if not for those things to work through we would not experience the jubilation that comes thanks to moving past those. That is the gift of mortality, not knowing all...t l

Spoken by Corde to know the gamut of emotions, from one extreme to the other.

Spoken by Corde We give praise to the gods, but I do not wish to be one. Simple and bland would be a life of omnipotence and sameness…but we must thank those that experience this for it is through them we are able to have this mortal life...

Spoken by Nicahh nods again

Spoken by Corde ::sucks in a final breath then steps a way, shaking his head a
    moment::

Spoken by Nicahh smiles to herself watching him

Spoken by Corde But my apologizes…the euphoria of this well at times makes me proselytize a bit more then I would in public and run long with my words. At times the agony and pain from this well, this long forgotten secret, almost feels as if it is the closest thing to feeling the touch of My Lady itself...

Spoken by Corde But from experience I know nothing can truly approach that feeling…

Spoken by Nicahh I did not mind it at all. Actually I found it insightful, and I should thank you for sharing.

Spoken by Corde ::pulling his helm back upon him, clasping it to the armor underneath his robes as he gives a final short look upon the well::

Spoken by Corde There is a reason why the Dark Lady is one of the most followed by the "goodly" folk of the land of the majority of the "viler" gods of this realm. The elements that make up her being are generally found to be universally negative, yet they are a base element in all humans…

Spoken by Corde She does not wish for psycho pathetic murder…slavery under the rule of an iron fist...the bestowing of bad luck, the thieving from others, the goal of spreading disease and pain ::Shakes his head::

Spoken by Corde She wishes people to experience loss, feel it, feed off it, and use it to thier strength. Some find this a bad thing, but why should we not use what will forever be present for mortals

Spoken by Nicahh She sounds as natural as the wind.

Spoken by Corde People fear the dark parts of their souls, for it is there that most true emotions are brewed…where the strongest of emotions are brewed...but we have been conditioned so long that it is bad to allow those emotions out, that we must hide them. Yet what makes one emotion so much greater the ant

Spoken by Corde another

Spoken by Nicahh You are correct.

Spoken by Corde ::chuckles lightly to Nicahh:: Of course she does…because before there was wind, before there was people, before there was even Toril, there was the Lady...the darkness of the universe, feeling the first emotion...the loss as she was pulled from the presence of her creator

Spoken by Corde At the beginning of it all there were two things….The giving of life, and the feeling of loss; The first two actions and feelings to be had in the universe.

• Standing at the back leaning on a piller. Cray listens to the sermon with a slight grin and widened eyes. While he puffs away on one of his usual cigars. The sweet and unique scent of the smoke announces his presence to many. He has the look of a coiled snake. He appears ready for something, for what he doesn't know. But he can feel it in the air.

• An eerie mist hangs over Arnath a tenday after Corde's return. Around what would be midnight, when many of the small cities inhabinents are asleep, others begin to take to the streets. Once more many of the citizens have adorned thier dark robes or cloaks, pulling thier hoods up high and moving out into the sleepy city streets as if they were sheep being hearded. Almost as if a singular force was speaking to them all they file through the cavernous halls and the tunnels of Arnath, coming into a small opening of rock. There is no light, yet they file in knowingly, understandingly, ignoring the almost unnatural darkness. Yet despite the emptyness of illumination they all see him there, a darker jet against the darkness, waiting for them. Minutes pass as more and more of the city folk…and possibly others...begin to gather in this little opening. Finally the wave seemed to stem, and they all stood and watched the man standing before him. He seemed like a Phantom, his dragon helm looking out over them. He whispered, but in each of the ears of those there they heard his words as clearly as if he had been shouting. They each heard his tales of the Dark Lady, of her promises, and of her guidance and protection to all within the city. He told that soon her favor would be shown. A tangible physical blessing would be apparent to Arnath by her hand. The sermon did not go on long, fifteen minutes at most, yet all there stood for a good hour after as if some spiritual force or feeling had over taken them. Then slowly one by one they dispersed...never together...never the same way as the one prior to them...and returned to thier homes and to their beds. The flock finally had its shepard back once more.

• Elvin hides in the shadows and takes in what Corde is preaching in his various masses. He never sticks around to let anyone see him, he is gone before the first of the folks start to leave.

• Another night deep within the depths of the earth Corde once again heads in to give one of his speeches. A few days earlier he started passing word around that the meeting would be held deep in the back of arnath, along the old paths cut out of the caverns near the small lake. He went back to the location earlier in the night, setting a few small candles around and removing the torches that have been put into the wall. He sets down a box he had gotten from town, giving him something to raise himself up on as the people start to gather. And then he waits, closing his eyes and feeling the darkness around him as he slowly hears people begin to filter in. Opening his eyes he see's people from the town, robed or cloaked, the hoods pulled over head. He recognizes a few, only because he's spoken to them more often in every day life, yet still he gives them no more notice then the average person there. His eyes passing over each, no signs within them to reveal any participants identity, they're one common secret amongst all there. Finally as the last seems to have came he raises his head fully, looking out amongst them, and raises his voice.

Friends and fellow Blooded that have came here today, I welcome you. We meet here this night, by the grace of the Lady Of Midnight. We gather in this place to honor her, for these stone walls around us, above us, and below us are her domain. She is the goddess of the caverns, of the depths, and she is the one that protects those places and those of her flock that dwell in them.

The Dark Lady is always present with us here in our home, and touches so many parts of our life. She is the caverns that guard us from those outside that would wish us harm. She is the darkness that protects us from harm as he we travel the depths, making it hard for those of the light to come and find us. She is the secrets that we keep inside ourselves, allowing those around us and above to know no more then we wish. And she is the feeling in your heart for all those here that have been betrayed or had a great loss go against them.

People of this city, hear these words and know, the Goddess of the Deep will hear your prayers. We dwell in a place truly blessed by her, a city forged from the caverns, bathed in darkness, and full of secrets. Even if you can not take her within your hearts know that you are within hers, and in time i believe you will find that she has all the answer you may seek.

He speaks for a bit longer, the crowd nodding and listening, yet for the most part all remaining silent. Even his words are barely auidible, loud enough for those in back to hear but quiet enough for them not to carry, however they strike clear in the ears of all those that are there. When he finishes they begin to leave, one by one filtering out of the cavern back to thier homes and to the places of rest. They're secret still kept and the words of the speaker of shar still fluttering in thier mind

• Scyth watches the mass from the back silently, taking in what is said. When the mass ends he leaves in the crowd.

• the room is dark, a single candle burning upon the makeshirt alter Corde has set up. The flame flickering, giving of a strange purple light as it dances upon the wick. He looks out upon those that have came, merely shapes in the darkness, but that is how it should be. Those that wish to make themselves known, the secretive of thier identity, may do so as the time comes. He raises his head to them, shrouded in the deep purple robes of his goddes, and prepares to speak

Welcome friends, strangers, but above all fellow blood givers. I thank you for coming this night, for lending your ear and time to me so that I may spread the word of my Goddess. Many of us here in Arnath share much in common, more then many of us probably realize. I would wager that man of you here are not living underneath the surface for the weather gives a slight grin out to the crowd, allowing them to relax a bit or because this is prime location to bask in all the worlds lavish glory. Despite this I do know there are many reasons people have came here. You have come because someone on the surface has wronged you, because you have been misunderstood by those that live in the light, because of persecution for how you are, or simply because the ways of those in the light grind on your very being. I am not naïve enough to even say those are all the reasons, but I think the core of why we have all delved deep into the earth to forge this city is present in them.

We have come together here, in a new world, for a new life, with people of like minds and thoughts. The past is but ancient history, something to learn from but of no real importance to constantly drudge up. Your reason for being here in Arnath is your own, it is a secret kept dear to you. We all know that our personal minds, our life, is important to each one of us, and our secrets are more important then many things. I ask you to guard those secrets, tuck them away so they may be of use to you in the future and be of no hindrance to you now.

I will not ask you to reveal them once you choose to not tell me, however holding up a finger if the burden of such a secret becomes to much…if you feel you must speak with someone, know that I as a servant of the Lady of Midnight will hear your worries, your troubles, your secrets and keep them close to my chest and give what advise I can. They will not spread or become known for such a thing would be a blasphemy against my Goddess. Know well that secrets are a powerful thing, but like many powerful things when they are held to long by those who do not understand them they can explode out with severe consequences. To carry a secret by oneself is one of the most difficult tasks to do, but from watching you folk of this city I know that those like me who have taken the blood oath are stronger then many that tread the paths of light. In time, if you come to embrace She of the Night fully, then we as her children can share what secrets we wish and the true powers of such things can fully be revealed to you and guided by her hand.

But that is a choice of each one of you for I, nor she, will force any of you to her side. I merely do this as a way to bring honor to her name and to give my brother and sister blood givers a guide down a path, even if for them that path is narrow, that we all walk. May her darkness ever protect you from the light of those that wish harm upon you, and may her whispers ever go through your heart and head so that none who pry shall hear your secrets. Thank you my brother and sister blood givers, I hope that I see you all here in the coming tenday and bring any that you believe would wish to hear the words of the Lady of Midnight.

He finishes his talk, turning from the group and moving to another room, letting only that single light flicker. Those in attendance slowly rise, one by one, heading out of the door and back to their life, moving quitely and discreetly through the mostly sleeping arnath until the last one has left. He returns, taking the candle and ending the life of the flame, before moving out to his spot by the lake for his personal prayers then sleep, smiling at the progression of the city