The Warder of the Woods

• The Halfling Defence League

Rumours can be heard amongst and from those who travel the wilderness extensively that there is one who guards the woods and the roads. This mythical person is said to aid travellers time to time whenever they are in trouble from dangers of the road, be it from monsterous humanoids or bandits. Arrows would wizz out of the trees, sometimes a slim figure can be seen slitting the throats of such knaves in the distance fogged by mist or shrouded by night, however little is known about this figure, as this person or "thing" is usually nowhere to be found after the event.
    Some say it is the work of a benovelent spirit, others say it is a monster of the wild, however most general descriptions point out this person as an elf, those claiming to have spoken with him before mentions that he is a simply a ranger who prefers to be discreet. Whatever the case, since the identity is unconfirmed, people begin to term this being as the "warder of the woods".

• Cike Scratches his head and starts to count on his hand

"Ah Truly that bespeaks of many a lightfooted Elves I know. Ah truly tis a pity I have not the keen ears or sight of an elf to spot whom you speak of. Ah truly it could be Miss Eluriel or Sister Sul" thinks "Ah and then there is Sir Mirakila who is able to pop of thin air much like a mage!" thinks again "Ah then there are the sure footed Druids I have met …. ah truly there are many who look over those who walk the roads or dare to hunt the goblins of the rawlins"

gets up brushing off his legs and starts to pull his very dark cloak that seems to add to the shadows he walks into. He waves then walks into the darkness of the forest his footsteps change from a loud crunching to a faint rustle to nothing