Meeting with the Dryad

• Oreth addresses whoever happens to be sitting around the fire

The Dryad has spoken about the current situation. She says that the forest speaks of a beautiful female ghost who walks the woods, always disappearing into the cave just outside camp, just before dawn.

She says that Sinti is getting stronger, and angrier. That with each item found, Shar exerts more of her power here. On the other hand, each item found frees mystra to exert more of her own power.

She also speaks of some shift in the earth, as though…. Oreth thinks for a moment here She said it was as though the barriers between the life and death were opening and closing.

She asked that we return to her with any questions we might have, after we confer. We should decide now what it is we wish to ask.

• ((First my apologies to Mirkali. I wasn't sure whether we were allowed to communicate in this fashion.))

_The Ghost of Alvar Blackwood in one of his clear moments points out letters on the sheets created by Oreth and Mirkali.

R… I... N... G

S... I... N... T... I

D... E... A... T... H

A... L... L

L... O... S... T_

• Oreth looks up to Tala

He reminded me that we only get six questions from the dryad on this subject. Some fey taboo, or something.

waves a hand

For such a fickle people, they have so many rules…..

• Mirkali sees Oreth using that system, mumbling about how he used the same system and the daft ghosts were uncooperative

Also it is known that the camp followed up on the ghost dissapearing into the cave, and some things were learned

• tala looks dumfounded to hear word issue from Llach's mouth even if she doesn't understand them. After a time she looks over to Oreth

what did he say?

• Oreth nods to Llach

drd> I wanted to get all the questions everyone had, and then refine it to six. We're up to 5, with your questions.

He writes Llach's questions down quickly, and then watches as he fades back into the trees

• As Oreth makes his communication set Llach slips nearby and holds up six fingers, reminding Oreth that there is a limit to the number of questions that may be asked.

In a soft and hoarse voice he asks Oreth . . .

<drd>Who, who else seeks it, who else might know where it is? When, when is the best time to look. What, what is it contained in and what caused it to be hidden?

He coughs and looks shyly around.

<drd>Six questions against more lives. Choose carefully

He slips back into the trees about the camp with the word carefully still floating on the wind.

MND/Vortext
    Llach Blackwood</drd></drd>

• ((send me a list of questions you would ask them in game. This way I can give them answers they are allowed to use when speaking with you. Things like what is your name. who are you etc.. need not be sent but questions dealing specifically with the current events will need to be)).

• ((Awesome! I had hoped so. Hmm. Will you allow that in game, too? Like, can I just whip out my little homemade ouija board and talk to them when they show up in game?))

• ((excellent idea Oreth. If the ghosts wish to communicate using your lettering system that is allowed for them to do so))

• Oreth nods now that someone has responded, and starts writing questions down

• Sy'wyn sits in careful thought for awhile… then from under the hood of his cloak, he utters one question....

"e:Does she know where this… shift is exactly... and can she get me there?"

• _Oreth quickly procures parchment, produces a quill and ink from his pack, and writes all the letters of the common alphabet out, equally spaced from each other, and sets it out in case Alvar should return.

Upon second thought, he produces a second page with all the letters of the elven alphabet, and sets it next to the common one, in case alvar or pyavain would be more comfortable with it._

• A ghost flits up to Oreth, opens mouth to speak, but says nothing. Looks mournful and then disappears.

• Does no one have any questions they wish to ask? If no one voices their concerns, I will simply go to her with my own questions.