Infatuation

• ((Although a poem it properly belongs here rather than in Ad's collection since it describes an incident. For any reading please comment as to your impressions of what happened…apart from those who were there of course as they know what happened... I want to see if I captured the "flavour" of the incident and passed it along intact ))

Infatuation

Slender limbs, beguiling senses
    Irrefutable invite to woods demenses
    Out stretched arms, slavers kiss
    Heady days consumed in bliss

Nature’s frolics, passions rent
    Loves frantic energy blindly spent
    Endless turmoil, fatigue denied
    Used then idly tossed aside

Restored again, human realm
    Exhaustion starts to overwhelm
    Staggers wildly, heedless care
    Danger climbs from eight-legged lair

Frenzied companions, struggle hard
    Giving sanctuary to oblivious bard
    Blunders headlong, still enthralled
    Till again by nature called

Turns around, sheds chains
    Heads back through spider domains
    Impending crisis, brazen display
    Pale saviour wins the day

Charm broken, wit restored
    Retreat forestalling spider horde
    Crawling homeward, courage shaken
    Safe again in gypsy haven

• Some good work here man. 🙂

• You got seduced by a spider but before you could get lucky your well-meaning but meddling friends interfered and thus ruined what would have been a beautiful union. At least until after the deed was done and the spider decided to eat you, as they are want to do.

And now you are chained to the stump in the gypsy camp wailing incohoherently about your love and how no one can understand just how much pleasure eight legs can give and all the ways in which spider silk can be used.

=====

I'm right, arn't I? There's no shame in it, my friend. Spiders are sexy.

• Just working on mine! wil send it via PM!

• At least I managed to convey the setting. 😄 Though I suppose the "safe again in gypsy haven" line helps 😛

Any more theories ?

• I'd guess that Adlanail got lead off by a piece of his anatomy (we forgive him; he's a bard) by some woodland spirit (nymph? dryad?), and almost got eaten by spiders. Oblivious to this fact himself, he was looked after by a group of his friends who managed to keep the bard safe and sound until he could be returned to the gypsy camp.

Whether I'm right or wrong or somewhere in between, I thought it was a nice poem. 🙂

• hazarding a guess I know very little about, I'd think it would be the drow that were menacing the Gypsy Camp. I'd assume venturing down, confronting them and wearily dragging yourself back up, half dead. Maybe trying negotiations first, though I'm fairly certain that didn't go well.

Anyways that's what comes to mind. Little really to base it as obviously I wasn't involved and my char isn't all that informed of most IG happenings.

• I think this is some very good poetry, I was never very good at writing it myself, duuno why….
    It is always great to see another person doing a fanastic piece of work, your ryhming is impeckable and fits very nicly in with the beat you have set ( enough of my ramblings..)

Does it have something to do with dieing, then going back into the spiders' place at the camp and getting revenge?

• Thanks Aeolderr..That's what i wanted to hear…dissappointing though it was. Not even willing to hazard a guess ?...I was hoping I'd been more.... descriptive.
    I may post a run-down of the incident...once i'm sure it won't influence impressions.

Heh..it could even be a competition to see who get's closest to the actual events. If that would garner more replies

• not sure what its about, but I like it. Sure it would be truly amazing if I knew the connotations hidden in there. Personally I've always loved reading your works.

claps softly

• I need not comment, you know how I feel about your poetry. 😛

Great stuff man. 😃

• ((Oh come on folks…more than a dozen views and no comments ?

Only about half a dozen people know what happened..so each of them has viewed it twice ?

I'm not asking for praise of the piece nor is it a competition to decipher the events...I'm just asking your impressions of what you think went on so I can assess whether I conveyed the right flavour of the event. If it totally confuses you as to what went on say so.
    For those that do know what went on I'd appreciate a PM ( so that it doesn't influence the impressions) of any comments or criticisms. And don't spare the criticism...I'm a big boy and can take it..especially if you also provide suggestions of what I could have done better.

As the song Says :-

I am what I am....I don't want praise, I don't want pity...
    I bang my own drum...some think it noise, I think it's pretty ))