The current Giant Crisis in the West

• Peltarch Employee

Varya Tiller would offer an open and transparent letter to the Defenders of Peltarch

Dear Defenders of Peltarch

I want to let you know that on behalf of the Tiller farms, as well as the other private farms that we assaulted, we truly appreciate what you you all do. I thank you for your genuine service and wholeheartedly appreciate the sacrifices you made to make this land a better place. You are not alone! With the current financial burdens the city faces, and other struggles that seem to make for uneasy times of late, I am willing to notify you that we at the Tiller farmstead will be assisting you with more than food and well wishes.

As of now, I will be encouraging as well as personally training any and all strong bodied and willing farmers that wish to join the Defenders. With my time and experience in the defenders when I was with you, I can assure you quality stock. Furthermore, I will be facilitating equipment to go along with their training, as well as as, if allowed, will help and educate current and potentially new defenders in combatting the Giants to ensure minimal losses. Should Sargeant Scott be available to help further the education, any and all help would be appreciated.

Lastly, the giants are truly an ancient foe, and a powerful foe, which is why I feel defending isn't enough. I feel as of now, genuine efforts and plans should be made to deincentivize them from returning, which is why I propose Peltarch expands their influence into their territory. It isn't enough we remain reactionary. We need to establish a proper foothold beyond defending the giants using high ground, to which I would propose collaborating with adventurers as well as masons and crafters that can build structures and fortifications that would make all but the most foolish of giants reconsider encroaching closer to our territories again. Let 100 of them fall for each one of ours we lose, as anything lese than that is unacceptable.

As of now, I will be stepping down as the Tiller lands primary protector, and will offer my efforts to the city, as well as offer myself as a deputized Defender that will carry some autonmy when it comes to farm affairs, but will be willing to follow orders as needed, so long as they're just and truly have the entirety of Peltarch's best interest at heart, including those outside the walls.

I will leave it to the defenders to accept my proposal, as well as any of those who aren't a defender themselves but are a part of Peltarch, as well as independents who want to see the giants crushed offer what they can, whether it be coin, a blade, or crafting expertise.

Long Live Peltarch, in Chauntea's name

signed

Varya Tiller

• Ravos as always is often alongside his wife the Lady Varya Tiller, in matters pertaining to the city, and it is known they share many common ideas on how to combat the Giants and other threats to the respectable order and prosperity of the city. He was also seen to add his voice to her comments to Defender captains.

He speaks after a long while listening to the address by Varya, and any intentions expressed by the Defender officers.

"It's clear to anyone there's a level of organisation and perhaps even unity among giantkin in the region, of late. And they have demonstrated suitable siege-making capability demonstrating their ability to organise to build centres of siegecraft around what is clearly a skilled cadre of engineers or artillerymen.
    We can indeed push into giant lands, as their posture indicates probing efforts, and practice of certain tactics. I would suspect this is solidify an element of their tribes as deserving leadership for a kind of future action against civilisation in this region."

"There are certain options possible,
    We radically improve our magical defences on the city borders and walls in order to destroy magically or via our works any attempt to build a siege camp including the ability to outrange any known device.
    We occupy and build strong keeps along the border as a line of defence, involving multiple layers and techniques
    As I said at a recent guardsman's funeral, we seek to unify under bonds of mutual defence the towns in the region." And we turn our beach-deployment of defenders, into a far more fortified and draining influence on all giant lines of communication, supply and scouting."
    "Those are the simplest options, anything more complicated we shall have to speak in private, but i call upon all Dwarven kin, and any carpenters or masons who don't yet work within the guild to seek me out as the Daedalus Guild representative, as truly your people have a long tradition in combatting these foes. However, there are more extreme options, and more diplomatic options. However those are unlikely to be well received by many though as i said a moment ago, there are many options available. We can act with the command of the King, or those of common interest can try with consultation with those such as Lady Varya, seek to resolve the threat alone.."

[For those guildmembers, defenders, friends or guards who know Ravos best, perhaps they have a hint that he has something completely different in mind... He then heads off to consult with the current councillors and guilds to gather their thoughts as to the threat]