A speech about the future at the wake of a fallen guardsman

• : Ravos as is often seen to be the case, makes his opinions known outside of the kings council to whomever may hear him. :
    : This time he spoke at the gathering to celebrate the life of guardsman owens, a more informal, though well advertised as best he could announcing the gathering in the Mermaid outside of the formality of any chain of command. :

You all know, served with or loved Guardsman Owens. He was everything a guardsman should be Loyal, Law Abiding, Courageous and he discharged his responsibilities with honour. He did his family and his position proud. I used to serve with him, when I was guard captain in the district until I was called away by General Daedalus to other duties on the council. One thing i remember about him was that he never complained, griped, or rolled his eyes once that i saw in his duty. He knew the purpose he served was a lawful and a worthy one. He had little time for fools, or those who pretend to hold position while acting the fool or acting like a child, or well... just acting. :Ravos lets the last words fall like a stone before raising his tankard before taking a long drink: TO Owens! : he offered to the gathering.

After the tankard was empty in a few moments he banged it down hard on the table... : "I've got something else to say... and i won't make an apology over it."
    It seems like complaints and gripes about our lot seems to be increasingly the order of the day for any around here. But look around you what have you got. Look at these walls, always there, unflinching. Just like the citizenry who make up the guards and defenders both. And its not just might and military, the traders, caravan guards and passing travellers from Norwick all drove back the giants after they passed the defender outpost, the outer and the inner gates.
    You all know my wife. Lady Varya Tiller, she's the bravest person i know, but all of us can embody many virtues, we need not for titles or even divine providence in battle. We pick up what is to hand and stick it to the bastards. Any force which dare come into our boundaries, our walls, our homes is doomed as long as we remember that.

But what of the future? We all need one and my wife knows full well the importance of that. But what of the rest of us. My wife, Lady Varya is right, it's the land here that is tainted, and we've ignored that long enough. Who do we look to for inspiration? Why our king of course, our beliefs as well as our families.
    Do we look to other border nations for our leadership. Do we allow their ways to guide how we should be governed. Where do we look, nay not look... WAIT to hear from? Vaasa? Impiltur? Damara? Rashemen? Thay? Am i from around here.. No. I won't tell you how to live.... Wait, no I am telling you how to live : Ravos laughs a moment :
    In all seriousness look to the people of this land. Narfell. The tribes. They are many, they are strong, and they've been ignored by all of us too long. Business is booming, but are we paying proper account of who doens't live in these walls? No.
    I propose we unite the towns, villages, bastions nay even Norwick... : Ravos laughs again: and even those places harder to reach and less known or perhaps even less palatable to some, such as Oscura.
    They aren't all going to swear allegiance to our King, and it matters not how much i would care for this?
    They need to sign up to something else. And no i haven't prepared a document... Well not unless i get asked to, of course.

Someone needs to write something all can sign up to, and yes it will be binding, but in doing so we will endure, no, not us, but the document agreed to will endure. I'll be glad to be a part of it, and let's see if the disparate places of this region can act anywhere near the integrity of Guardsman Owens....

: Ravos then lowers his head a moment in respect for the fallen guard before looking to the reaction from those around him :