A Divine Calling

• Shannon D'Arneau, outside of his magisterial duties, calls upon Peltarch with written notice and a speech at the rant stand...

Citizens of Peltarch, and those divinely touched in particular, it is high time that we come together and cleanse this curse - this rotten taint - upon King George's fountain. Offer up your prayers and the power of your faith.

Torm wills it. The Triad wills it. What say you?

• Please keep in mind Sunday is also Daylight savings, plan accordingly.

• OOG- Look forward to seeing people on Sunday, March 10th, starting at 10 AM EST.

• Peltarch Employee

Varya has a theory that the land itself is tainted, and the taint is regenerative, to which she communicates with others. Attempts seem to be fleeting at best. She would suggest perhaps a blend of arcanery and divine power that may work. Perhaps the whole 'space' that has been tainted can be displaced into some pocket dimension or returned to whatever plane of existence the creature who caused the taint came in the first place.

She may suggest one more solution, that if such things doesn't work, having to hunt down and defeat the creature that tainted it with its blood that was defeated in the mortal realm and kill it in its own plane, permanently removing it from existence, could possibly be an option too, albeit a tremendously risky endeavor.

• In the past week, despite numerous attempts to cleanse the fountain, its waters remain murky, offering only brief moments of clarity before reverting to their former state. Each effort, whether mundane or divine, has proven ineffective, leaving the community grappling with the persistence of the problem.

Amidst this challenge, Simon's ministrations have sparked a notable increase in services held at the Temple of the Triad. While not remarkable in scale, this uptick reflects a growing desire for solace amidst the turmoil surrounding the fountain.

As worshippers gather, seeking both spiritual and communal support, they exemplify a shared commitment to overcome challenges. Simon's unwavering dedication serves as a beacon of hope amidst the adversity, fostering a sense of resilience and determination among congregants.

Despite setbacks, there's a recognition that lasting change requires coordinated, systemic solutions. As the community unites in its efforts, there's a renewed sense of hope for the future, grounded in the belief that together, they can overcome even the most persistent obstacles, including the restoration of the fountain to its former glory.

• Ravos Calchais, the commander of the Daedalus Stonemasons and Carpenters guild forces, observes the various comings and goings, with a rather confused expression, occasionally asking what they are trying to achieve here?

He appraises the current value of a replacement stone fountain complete with plumbing and asks one of the senior masons to commission a number of ideas for selection by the king. Ravos may occasionally ask one of the divinely inspired persons which of the ideas for the fountain they prefer?

If asked about possible repercussions of this attempt to cleanse the waters and fountain of this historical battle, he shrugs regretfully and just ensures that Cobin Daedalus, the head of Ravos's guild as well as Guard General is well advised on comings and goings.

"Sorry folks, i'm not guard captain anymore, the Guard general wanted me on the council for him and not directing guards in this district. All i can do is to make sure we have a new fountain, when the inevitable destruction, or magical eruption or incursion of outsiders occurs."

"Yes i'll be standing way back, best the rest of you do too.. i'm not so convinced this is particularly well thought out yet."

"So anyway which of these ideas do you like... We have so far,

1. A set of Leaping Fish, somewhat like the seal or flag of the city, the fountain coming from their mouths..
    2. A huge crown and chalice, somewhat similar to the symbol of Siamorphe, again spraying water from the crown into the chalice itself
    3. Waves breaking outward from a central bastion like fort again, water cascading in both directions away from the bastion towards Peltarch's enemies.
    4. A Set of scales held by a huge gauntleted fist, symbolising the rule of law, steadfast defenders, the arm inside the fist a skeletal one reminiscent of Kelemvor in our shared opposition to the undead.

"Well which do you like? We'll need to start work soon i feel."

• Dev

Having moved through Peltarch more often than late, Lence has witnessed a number of folks offering prayers to their gods seeking to cleanse the fountain.

Thinking Rillifane would approve of this effort to remove this taint from the land, he says a small prayer in front of the fountain and lays some sage and edible roots at the base of the broken stones.

• The dusty priest of Torm finally arrives in the city and heads directly to the fountain, and as the sun rises he begins to speak

Citizens of Peltarch we all have a duty to what is good and true in our lives. We call on the gods in our needs, but often forget the nature of gods. If they were to descend today to cleanse this evil, evil would rise to meet them and this land would be laid waste in their struggle. WE gestures around are the eyes and ears, hands and feet of the gods on this plane. It is us to deliver ourselves from evil in our Good gods names. We send them praise for the strength to sustain us through this struggle. We send them praise to defend our very souls during these struggles.

He continues to look out at the people as the city comes to life, his back to the fountain.

The Gods of the triad will stand firm in this struggle. The priests and acolytes will pour out their strength, BUT will they stand alone? Have you been to temple lately? Have you reinforced your pledge to your good god? As the priests support their gods works, who will sustain the Priests work on this mortal plain? Will we stand alone in this? You are stronger than you think, perhaps not in body but in faith.

Go to the temple if you have not gone recently, take a neighbor and pray. Let your deeds and words uplift your priests as they go about their task, praise the Good Gods for what you have, even if you think it is little, it is enough.

Like seeds scattered on the winds, seeds of evil will settle in nooks and crannies and try and take hold. In darkness they will settle and unless rooted out they will grow. As the Good gods and their priests protect you, Evil ones walk these lands that mean no good. They will foster and coax a small evil into a greater one.

turns and looks quietly at the fountain

Evil grows amongst you, and has been too long. Light needs to be brought back to shine in the darkest corners. I will stand in front with my brothers and sisters of the Triad and good gods.

I ask that you pray. Pray for us, pray for your gods, Go to temple and strengthen your heart with your god and when this battle takes place, whatever the outcome, you will know that you did what you must for you, your family, your neighbors and your city.

If you seek words and healing, you will find me at the Temple of the Triad. Ask for any for aid or ask for me, Simon. Go about your day in peace. makes the sign of Tempus and walks toward the temple

//Not sure I will be able to make it Sunday at that time, so will post here until then at least.

• Following the others' lead, Sam pours a vial of holy water into the fountain, and whispers a quiet prayer to Lathander

///Lathander, Morning Lord, I may not be a priest, but I am a devoted servant nonetheless. I humbly and respectfully ask for your blessings on this cursed fountain to rid it of its evil taint. I do not ask this for myself, but on behalf of the good people of Peltarch who have suffered greatly these past few years.

Help them see the light and help guide them to a better future.

Pours another vial of holy water into the fountain and wanders off, chanting to himself

• Myrcella approaches the spot gracefully, with a bright smile on her face. She then kneels before the fountain and offers a prayer to Corellon

"Oh, Father Corellon, your faithful servant Myrcella is requesting of your help. This place, tainted for long, too long, needs of your benevolent touch. Allow me to channel a part of your power through your blessings, allow me to help free this fountain of its taint, for there's a lot of brothers and sisters that live in this city, and to their protection I owe myself.
    Oh, Father Corellon, seeker of beauty, I ask you for help to cleanse this evil and disgusting taint, so that new and beautiful things can reborn from it and please the eyes from those who put their gaze on it. Allow me to help all the others to lift this taint. Oh, Father, I beg you, lend me your power to remove this curse, once and for all"

After her prayers, Myrcella is seen casting a bless spell on the fountain and after nodding to those that are nearby, she walks off

• Despite not being a priest, Sam offers his service and support in this holy endeavor.

• Finding a quiet time in the middle of the night while few people are around, old Raryldor casts a Miracle spell, requesting his deity cleanse the taint from the fountain.

• @dorakhan

• Amithralia Danode'lin, Priestess of Mystra, weaves her spells in aid of your cause;
    • Baird Samson, Cleric of Ilmater, lends his meager power to yours;
    • Peter Peters, Paladin of Tyr, offers his own prayers to end this evil curse;

• Peltarch Employee

Varya, despite her current circumstances, would be more than willing to stand by in the event that dark forces may attempt to interrupt the ritual.

• Chea, despite being non-cleric, offers her aid.

... She's a little bit crazied about Selune & Mystra's spirituality.

• Simon, a traveling healer of Torm, hears rumors of the High Magistrates call and heads towards the city.

• Legion

A halfling gardener with scruffy blonde hair pauses from her grass trimming toil in the commons.

SHANNON: Torm wills it. The Triad wills it. What say you?

Marry raises her sickle in the air in response to Shannon's call.

"THE TRIAD WILLS IT! ALL FAIR GODS WILL IT! PELTARCH WILLS IT!"