Notice board message: The Demon hunt

• To the adventurers of the land.
    You have no doubt heard rumours or reports of demon activity being on the rise once more. These rumours are true.
    The creatures are attempting to gain a foothold on our plane and have plans to move against all of Narfell, which thwarted them in the Nexus War.

If you seek them out, heed the following.

To find these footholds, follow your nose. The earth near their occupied territories will likely have steam rising from cracks in the earth, smelling heavily of sulfur.
    Be prepared to face a multitude of demons of varying strength, with a lieutenant of the marilith responsible guarding a pedestal.
    Be prepared to be surrounded by their number as they will summon more creatures to bolster their numbers.
    Be prepared to travel through a dense fog that will burn your lungs as you breathe it.
    If you fight, do not consider the area clear until the pedestal is destroyed and the sulfuric fog dissipates.
    The pedestals can be destroyed simply by taking a swing at them, no need for magic or rituals.

Verified forces:

• Dretches
    • Vrocks
    • Steam elementals

In an effort to stop us all from covering the same ground over and over again, following territories are to be considered clear for the time being. This list is subject to change as the demons may gain ground and change tactics.

• Kobold and lizardfolk swamp on the surface
    • Lizardfolk swamp on the surface, far side of the Scar
    • Troll territories
    • Greater Jiyyd surface area up to Mintas Forest and the old orc fortress
    • Orc territories, forest and cave
    • Wet Barrows
    • Icelace beach, surface
    • Smugglers Cove (Demons encountered and destroyed)
    • City Barrows

Note the areas you can confirm are clear below. Add an additional note where you encountered their forces. Note the creature types you encounterd.
    The spoils of war go to the victor, but it should be noted any Abyssal shards found will carry more weight when pooled and I ask you deliver them to the nearest Cerulean.

Do not take unnecessary risks. If you are outmatched, turn back and seek reinforcements. You will all be needed before this is over.
    In the name of all that is good and holy, happy hunting.

-George Longcloak

• //OOC note: unfortunately the setup I made for the Balor and Bebilith were wiped by an unplanned server reset that happened while I was sleeping, so I couldn't save it. I'll note the effort made in finding these spots when I hand out the plot finale rewards towards the weekend!

• "Our party attempted to find and neutralize the Bebilith and her cohorts, but failed to find them where I'd expected - in the far cliffs by the Scar, past where the wyverns roam. We travelled through a cavern in the cliffside and into a ravine, but it was either the wrong one, or they've since moved on. Or they were slain by someone not paying attention to this board, these are all possible options. I was hoping to gradually work up towards the Balor but if we truly cannot locate the Bebilith, then that is the chilling last effort remaining.

~Nica~"

• "Cloudy Plains - Prairie - Nabassu defeated and invasion point neutralized.

Trading with the entity known as 'Zero', we learned the following:

The Bebilith creature by the name of Lifeless Struggle in the Far Cliffs of the Rawlins, in a ravine. Beware because it is not alone, a tribe of vicious Bargluras serve it and worship it as a goddess. We likely have to cut through them to get to their many-legged queen.

This Bebilith is mighty. Zero suggest we bring a bit more frontline than we had for the Nabassu. Possibly a bit more healing too. And that is saying something.

~Nica~"

• "Cold Caves, level 1 - clear. Dito on gnoll woods leading there.

~Nica~"

• @karnivor said in Notice board message: The Demon hunt:

"I've checked the first two levels of that cave, but it goes deeper still and could be worth exploring in full. ~Nica~"

Yuan-Ti and the Queen Orb live deeper...be wary, sister.

Road west of Kront to Marigold is clear.
    Marigold, seems clear, as well.

• Goblin Hold, both levels

Clear.

• "While heading south for some shopping, I took the opportunity to rule the following areas out: Spellweaver woods and cave, woodland pass, misty lake. I remain at stand-by to help with the locations found.

~Nica~"

• "I've checked the first two levels of that cave, but it goes deeper still and could be worth exploring in full. ~Nica~"

• Perhaps those spider caves near old Jiyyd...there's an Orb Weaver down there, too.

• Grand work, all of you.
    That's two out of three remaining targets. The (so far) last appears to be a bebilith in a cave somewhere.
    Find me in the city when any of you are ready to attempt to destroy them.

• Sam reports in

Mines under Aura Runedar are clear...no demons, anyway.
    Minotaur maze up to the labyrinth (but not in). Need more folks for that...

• ((for clarity, that's the same map I referred to: East of the Pass - Swamplands))

• Dev

East of the Pass - on the eastern side of the Icelace.... Giant demons wandering the swamps. Be cautious!

• "Update, Swamplands:

Traversing to the other side of the Scar, I sought to scout out the resistance. They've massacred farmsteads by the coast and as I got closer to the afflicted area, I instantly came across three hulking Glabrezu. They saw through my attempt at stealth instantly, and if these are the footsoldiers, expect a very taxing fight. A solid party needs to be assembled, I'll try to make myself available for such.

~Nica~"

• A ridiculously cutesy set of handwritting follows;

"Cloudy Plains - Prairie: NOT CLEAR SUPER FULL OF DEMONS ALL OVER THE PLACE, YIKES!
    -J.T. Firefly"

• "Ogre's Gorge - clear.

East of the Pass - Druid's grove, clear, west swamps, clear.

East of the Pass, swampland - NOT clear. Sulphur and burning heat, though no foes sighted.

Based on the previous infestations, bring a strong party.

~Nica~"

• South of Norwick:

Old Graveyard - clear
    Lake - clear
    Hobgoblin areas - clear
    Hobgoblin cave - clear
    Ostromog Mines (upper level) - clear, did not go to the lower levels.
    Scar - only harpies and wyvenrs - clear
    Area next to the Scar - seems clear, altough there were some fiendish goblins there. No fog detected

Peltarch:

Regal Maid - clear

Mark

• Out past the Kuo Toa

• Cavern Lake Northeast
    • Cavern Lake Northwest
    • Cavern Lake Southeast
    • Cavern North

Clear.

• "Irrigation tunnels, clear.

Shallow kuo toa caverns, clear.

Ettin caves and duergar maze, clear.