Myrcella of Corellon - Diary

• This diary is written in elven, with a fine penmanship, and with all the patience of the world. Every word, every letter, is written as if it was in itself a whole story, full of detail

"I have only recently felt the urge to start writing this diary, not because I fear I may forgett important things, but because it helps me channel all this enthusiasm I'm feeling as of late. And should something happen to me, I would like someone to find this diary and continue with my mission. The mission that I feel Father Corellon has bestowed upon me, the reason why I arrived to Narfell.

I have been learning about the elven history of the region, about the groups that formed and disbanded with time. And that has only reinforced this thought. It's been decades since there was a group for elves to work together and form a healthy community. And that's why it is time that someone reuinted and gathered the elves of the region back again together!
    I'll keep in mind my predecessor's mistakes, and not close the doors of the group to a close-minded mentality. I'll seek to strengthen the bonds not only amongst us, elves, but also with humans, with whom we share enough to call them friends.

It's going to be a long journey, and I'm sure it won't be easy at times. But I'll succeed and not give up. This is my quest, the one that I've been entrusted with... and I won't fail."

• The penmanship on this entry of her diary is a bit shakey at certain spots

"He said it, not me. It caught me off guard, it was what I was thinking, but I didn't expect anyone to have noticed, let alone imply that I could do it.

I arrived to the Witch and Seer after my long shift at the residential distric to help with the plague.
    They were at the rooftop, just back from a very dangerous trip to the Earthplane in order to recover the materials required to craft the armors that should keep us protected in the abyss. When I arrived, I could quickly tell something was wrong. They had long faces, the air felt thick, and even some were staring ahead as if not there.
    Some of them had died. And it wasn't the first time there were casualties. It probably is starting to pay a toll on people's morale, and that's understandable. Back home, I remember how sharp that feeling could sting in one's heart. Back home...

Once everyone but George departed, I asked him what happened. As he was explaining the situation, Lady Varya entered the room as well, and so I was interested in her take of it, too. From what they told me, the situation became a bit too caotic at certain moments, and there was some... tactical issues.

Should I step up? It's been years since I last took the role. It -was- my role, it -was- my living.
    But I don't know if I'm ready, some wounds take too long to heal.

• ---- ---- ----- ------- --me ---m
    --- --- --- wh-- - --ge-- --ks li--
    ----t- ---tl- ---we- --u ---- --- -ac- --wn --- --ay ----

• The writing in this page is extremly polished, as if she had delighted herself in writing these words.

"It was a delightful trip to Waterdeep. It had been years and years since I last had the pleasure to visit the city. We've found important information about how to deal with the plague that has been unstopabbly affecting the people of Peltarch. That is, no doubts, very good news. Durnan and the yawning portal are impressive as ever.

But... that was not the most delightful part of the trip, no. George finally made some extra effort towards our dinner's debt.
    He chose a fine place, really elegant and with delicious food. It had also been some time since I went on a date with anyone, and a first time to date a human. I like it that, despite the shorter life-span, he's taking his time.
    One would think the dinner was one with a lot of nice words and compliments. Far from the truth! We picked on each other almost constantly, throwing witty snarky comments, one more elaborated than the previous one. We had such a good laugh.
    It was, as I said, delightful.

I'm looking forward to having the second dinner he still owes me. This time... might get a bit more... personal."

• This page has been written by tired hands, there's no doubt about it

"It's a bit tiring, I must admit, tending to the diseased with all those many blessings. But then, when I'm there, with those humans... I can't but feel I need to do that and more. They already have a short life-span, it's not fair for them to also die to such a thing like an induced disease.
    I wouldn't let any of my elven brothers or sisters suffer in such a way, and when you look at it with perspective, we are not that much different than humans. There's obvious differences, our "pointy" ears, our life-span, our culture. But aren't we all under the same sky? They also eat, love, laugh and fight for what they believe in.
    They are not much more different than a sun elf and a wood elf could be.

I've been making friends here, from different races, not just humans and elves. I do feel like they have my back, as much as I try to have theirs. Why can't this be a sentiment shared by others? It definitely can be, and I'll work towards that. Now, I need rest, perhaps I'll even sleep. Yes, I think that's what I want to d..."

The last word isn't even finished, Myrcella has fallen asleep

• "It's going to be quarter moon soon. And I've thought it'd be nice to share this beautiful and special event with the rest. Not just with my elven brothers and sisters, but also with companions of other races. Perhaps it will have a positive impact on the relationships between elves and the others if they can get a closer feel of our culture and customs.
    I'll try to gather people to join me on the hill by the beach, offer them some food and drinks, and invite them to join me on the offer to Corellon for this month... Even if they do not offer anything themselves it should still mean something if they are around. I'll find something suitable beautiful and special to offer for this occasion. It will be a splendid evening, I'm sure!"

• "It's so interessting to learn about the past. I have met the son of one of the most relevant members of the She'Sae, and they have explained to me about the break down and final split of the group. He also mentioned some rumours, that are to be treated as such, about the Eldreth Veluuthra, who might've been trying to disband the She'Sae from the outside by manipulating them. All of this is something to be kept in mind when the new group is created. We must remain open-minded, we must seek to strengthen bonds with humans, and we must not let small things get in the way of the well-being of our people.

On the other hand, I've also been talking to some elven friends and acquaintances, throwing at them this idea of mine. Some are a bit skeptical, but not opposed to it. And others do feel it's about time that something like this happened.
    Slowly, we'll work on it, slowly we'll build something strong and lasting. Slowly but steadily, we'll be once again."