Peltarch Tourney Flyer

• A new flyer is pinned to the notice board, in elegant penmanship and in vibrant red ink it is titled "Tourney Day", a pair of knights wearing plumed helmets are artistically drawn on either side of the main text of the notice, one upon a braying black horse and the other upon a braying white horse. Both have lances; red for the black knight, blue for the white knight. In elegant silvered script, the notice reads thus:

"*Citizens and Guests, People of Peltach; I, Cormac Randolph offer you SPECTACLE! Let the song of steel ring through the city, the clash of lance and the furious scream of man and horse flood the tournament grounds once more. Three BRUTAL events GUARANTEED!

Test your arm in Man versus Man, find your limit in primal SINGLE COMBAT.

Test your horsemanship in the noble JOUST.

Test your aim in the ever-popular ARCHERY contest!

There will be BLOOD! There will be SAVAGERY! There will be PRIZES!*"

In small print at the bottom there's a line stating "Entry Fees Apply".

// Player run Fight Night/Day on Friday the 28th of January at the Peltarch Tournament Field for levels 6 - 12. Prize coin determined by entry fees and/or donations (looking for 1000 or to match entry fees with out of pocket, whichever is highest) per event and/or potions/RLG loot from the host's adventures. Aiming to start between 11AM and 12PM Pacific Standard Time.

I would like to use this thread to follow (and provide) pertinent IC and/or OOC information and story driven information.

• //Rewards can be chaotic, I know I didn't get to everyone because some of you had to leave early.

If you didn't get a place reward, or received 'nothing at all' from the tourney send me a /tell in game or private message me here on the forums or on Discord and we can arrange an IG meeting.

• A brand new flyer is pinned to the message board, a pair of beak-faced plague doctors cross their crooks (or canes) at the top of the page where there'd normally be a pair of jousters or duelists on such a flyer. Another tournament announcement written in dark green ink.
    "Citizens and Guests, Public of Peltarch; I, Cormac Randolph offer you comfort and raucous laughter - and evening of entertainment and distraction at the expense of your heroes and your villains. And I the crooked host shall not be waiving your entry fees this time, as your donation based entry fees will be offered to the City's Residential District to ease the burdens of those caring for those stricken by, and suffering from the plague.
    Expect the Following:
    COSTUMES!
    Foxy Boxing!
    Shots for Shots (darts and alcohol provided)
    And last but not least, the mysterious never before seen 'Seal's Lament' event.
    And of course -- 'Prizes'.
    Rules:
    Wear the clothing provided; no rings, no necklaces or charms, no pre-tournament spellcasting.
    Footwear and gloves will be provided.
    No helmets or masks.
    No cloaks.
    //OOC: No level restriction for this one, it's mostly fun. With respect, please no buffing before the event.
    When: I'd like to aim for Thursday the 8th of September with a start time yet to be decided. The aim of the game is to have fun!

• A brand new flyer is pinned to the message board, a pair of beak-faced plague doctors cross their crooks (or canes) at the top of the page where there'd normally be a pair of jousters or duelists on such a flyer. Another tournament announcement written in dark green ink.

"Citizens and Guests, Public of Peltarch; I, Cormac Randolph offer you comfort and raucous laughter - and evening of entertainment and distraction at the expense of your heroes and your villains. And I the crooked host shall not be waiving your entry fees this time, as your donation based entry fees will be offered to the City's Residential District to ease the burdens of those caring for those stricken by, and suffering from the plague.

Expect the Following:

COSTUMES!
    Foxy Boxing!
    Shots for Shots (darts and alcohol provided)
    And last but not least, the mysterious never before seen 'Seal's Lament' event.

And of course -- 'Prizes'.

Rules:
    Wear the clothing provided; no rings, no necklaces or charms, no pre-tournament spellcasting.
    Footwear and gloves will be provided.
    No helmets or masks.
    No cloaks.

//OOC: No level restriction for this one, it's mostly fun. With respect, please no buffing before the event.
    When: I'd like to aim for Monday the 28th of March with a start time yet to be decided. The aim of the game is to have fun!

• Printed on black vevletlike cloth/paper and painted in elegant silver paint; two skull-faced horsemen with crossed lances are painted beneath a wide imposing crown. The text beneath this eyecatching header reads thus:

"All the King's horses, and all the King's men - a royal tournament to whet the appetites of crowd humble and lordly alike. Spectators to enjoy FOUR FRENZIED FIGHTS. Participants to face off on two MOUNTED competitions, along with ARCHERY and SINGLE COMBAT DUELS.

Skilled combatants who enter MUST participate in all four events, or forfeit their position and current winnings.

Prizes to include Thirty Thousand gold coins and more.

Entrants who have no horses will be disqualified.

By the grace, courtesy and generosity of King Thalaman no entry fees to be paid.

Long Live The King! Long Live The Jewel - And 'DEATH' To Her Enemies"

//Aiming for Friday the 11th of February. Start time between 1 and 2 PM PST (4 - 5 Eastern). Level Restriction: 9 - 15.

• *Gods of War

Three brutal events were guaranteed - and Cormac, clad in golden mail and shining gold helmet, with spear and his great huscarls' shield appearing like some battle-god himself, delivered. Though participants were few in number the crowd appeared to appreciate the welcome distraction to their regular routine. There were cheers, perhaps tears also as the city's own Marine -George Longcloak failed to take gold in any of the three events, taking second in both Jousting and in Single Combat however - he represented well.

Victory for all three events it is said went to a horseman called Suhk. Though Cormac announced him with a variety of suffixes; the Unyielding Blade and Deadly Bow among them. He is said to have rode proudly from the field on horseback, two golden medals blazing in the midday sun at his breast and a decorative cavalry blade at his side. Not to mention the heavy purse he'd earned from the prize pot - donated by Makoto of House Yamamoto, founder and proprietor of the Blue Sky Company.

The other two participants are noted to have fought very well. The red-and-black clad Steven could've taken gold in either of the contests he participated in, though luck was not with him. It was said that one bad arrow lost him the final archery bout once it had gone to a tie-breaker 'final showdown' shot where he invoked the spirit of Sukh's mother to guide his arrow - and shot wild, his arrow finding the dirt a few feet before ever reaching the target. His prize purse too was swollen with various goodies and a comfortable sum of coin. At the end of each bout Cormac bade the entrants come forth to be healed in Tempus' name; more than a small nod to the great gifts and donations from the Temposan clergy. Pray the Lord of Battles saw well these champions; they, at least in Cormac's eyes, deserve it.

Those other participants who placed third also were awarded what seemed a princely sum of coin. Only those who failed to place at all left empty handed - but with fame riding at their heels. It is possible that next time - fortune may favor differently.

Perhaps more remarkable than the tournament itself (at least in the eyes of royalists and fanboys (or girls) of King Thalaman was the presence of the young King. Uncommon chance brought the boy King out into the Commons to greet and chat with Cormac Randolph and George Longcloak prior to the tourney's start. Though the ensemble of Kingsguards may have made their meeting rigid, the King appeared to have been in good spirits - perhaps even excited for the games. Told to have shaken the hand of the event's founder, and to the keen eared, it may have sounded like the Crown will be sponsoring an upcoming event - perhaps even with a greater prize pot than that of the Blue Sky Company. Time, as always, shall tell.*

• //Please take note - The start time has changed slightly to better accommodate players who have expressed interest in joining a little later. We are now aiming to start between 11AM and 12PM Pacific. Level restrictions are still in place, please only enter with characters sitting between levels 6 - 12.

• //This event takes place Tomorrow - Friday the 28th of January - I have set the time at roughly 9AM PST to start. I need some feedback from (potential) participants and interested parties to know if this works best, or if there's a time that'll work better.

• Peltarch Employee

The halfling Arabella Brockhouse has an inquiry, asking if animal form is permissible in single combat, noting the mention of 'primal', and if so will participate in all 3 events!

• Peltarch Employee

Rumor has it the owner of the Blue Sky Company shops Yamamoto Makoto's offered a 20,000 contribution to the prize pot. Anyone who approaches her about it and why she did it, she'd simply smile and reply: "I have deep respect for the spirit of competition and want this to be incentive to bring out the best in everyone wanting to compete." And to those who know her better, "advertising, and if anyone wants to use that coin to buy my wares, they're more than welcome!"

• ...Word gets around that Cormac Randolph is willing to pay bards, whether they choose to participate in the tournaments or not, to chronicle the events and laud their victors, or even simply to perform at the tournament. A steady and modest purse for any up-and-coming bard that wishes to get their name out in the city...

• Cormac spends time in The Mermaid, as well as The Lucky Ferret -- and of course his usual haunt, The Regal Maid, talking loudly at times about his big up-and-coming event.

"...and you know there are a lot of new stalls full of 'magic' gear that isn't shifting, some stalls are lucky and are making a fortune. If some of the owners would get involved and sponsor prizes they might just earn a little more recognition. There's serious coin to be made..."

His promise of advertising for adventurer owned stores might appeal to some. Can anyone really afford to 'not' take part? There's certainly an implied consequence of 'not' being a sponsor.

//I've received some PMs through Discord and these forums from players who run their own PC stores. I can't offer rewards or returns on any investment, but if you choose to donate (feel free to post your endorsements in here) I will do my best to offer in game advertising during the fight night events. If you do choose to donate I would ask that you elect not to participate with any alternative characters to avoid getting tangled up in any 'twinking' exploit messes, unless otherwise allowed by the DM team.