The Great Kallethen's FAQ Revision Project!

• While it may not be sane for me to do so, I am going to go ahead with this despite moving soon. Please do not reply to this thread. If you are interested in helping out, email me with [FAQ] in the subject (kallethen@narfell.com).

Here's the whole plan:

• I shall post a list of all the FAQ topics that will be needed. This list is based off the one Kerby originally was working on. More topics can be added if there seems to be something not already covered. If you have suggestions for a needed FAQ topic, send me an email.
    • People who wish to volunteer are asked to pick which ever unchosen topics they wish to work on and inform me of their choice by email (see first paragraph). I will mark their names next to the chosen topics so other people can see what needs to be worked on.
    • Volunteers will then write up the FAQs, working from pre-existing FAQs if available, otherwise starting from scratch. FAQs should be written in TXT, HTML, or RTF formats.
    • Completed FAQs are to be emailed to me. They will then be reviewed by DMs and/or PLs for accuracy, with minor editing as needed. If major editing is required, the FAQ will be sent to the author for a re-write with an explaination of what changes are needed.
    • Completed and reviewed FAQs will then be compiled and sent to the web admins so they may be put on the Narfell FAQ section of the website portal. The Tome of Knowledge forum can then be archived and deleted.
    • As things change in the future, we go and edit or add to the FAQs as needed.

Now, I want to warn you all that I will be moving next month, and thus may not be around as much as I used normally have been. I still plan to be checking the forums and my email regularly though, so I do think I can keep up with organizing this project. Just don't expect me to immediately reply to you all during the month of March and probably April. If I really do find myself unable to keep up with this, I'll do my best to pass the project off to somebody who can handle it.

Thank you.

(updated 4/4/2005)

• I am pleased to report that a number of FAQs have been finished, mostly about various rules, character creation, and use of Narfell specific items. Over the next few days I will be posting completed FAQs into our FAQ section.

How to use it? If you look on your side bar, under "Information" there is a link titled "Narfell FAQ". Click there, and you'll get a category list of FAQs. Click on the category and you'll open a page with the related FAQs.

By no means will this be the end of the FAQ project. There are still more FAQs to complete. If anybody would like to volunteer, please take a look at the list posted above in this thread and see what hasn't been assigned yet. Contact me via PM or email at kallethen@narfell.com and let me know which FAQ you want to compile.

Thank you and enjoy.

• If you have offered to work on a FAQ and have not sent me your submission, PLEASE PM me with a status update by the end of this month. Failure to do so will make me take your name off the list and try to find another person to work on the FAQ.

• Wee! I've snuck into the DM team.

What does this mean for the FAQ Rewrite Project?

Absolutely nothing changes. I've decided that I shall still head this project.

• Can everybody who has volunteered to do FAQs send me an update on how they are coming along (or a finished product if you have it)? I am going to get myself fully reorganized this week and need to know where everything stands with this project. kallethen@narfell.com is where to send everything.

Also, when submitting FAQs, please use either HTML, RTF, or TXT formats.

Thanks again for all the help.

• Just want to make sure it's understood that quite a few of these FAQs already have one written up, most like here or in the New Advanturer's Inn forum. It is perfectly alright (and encouraged) for any of these old FAQs to be used. Just make sure the information supplied by the FAQs are correct.

• Here's the list. Topics have been grouped together in categories. When emailing me, put make sure [FAQ] is in the subject. The body should contain at least the titles of the FAQ(s) you wish to work on. You can use pre-existing FAQs as a base to write yours. Make sure to research your FAQ topic so that you have the correct information given.

**Serious volunteers only please.

Problems
    Getting Booted? - Grey_Bishop
    Been Banned? - Grey_Bishop
    Character Gone or Bugged? - Grey_Bishop
    Procedure for Disputing DM Rulings (I'll just copy what Lisara posted. cough)

Rules
    Logging Out to Avoid Consequences - Lisara
    Player versus Player (PvP) or Player Killing (PKing) - Lisara
    Death & Resurrection Policy - Lisara
    Exploits - Lisara
    Twinking - Lisara
    Reimbursement of XP/gold/items - Lisara
    Looting - Lisara
    Citizen's Token - Lisara
    Guilds - Lisara
    Custom Items - Lisara
    Player Abuse - Lisara
    Warning and Banning System - Lisara
    Bannable Offenses - Lisara

Communications
    Main Contacts Out of Game
    DM Channel Use (In Game)
    Tell Channel Use (In Character)
    Guidelines Forum Use
    Narfell Chat Rooms (IRC)
    Player Leads & Player Guides Program
    Becoming a Dev/DM/PG/PL

Narfell Differences
    XP System & Partying
    Role Playing XP (RP XP)
    HotU, SoU, Haks, and Overrides
    HCR Traps & Locks (Search Tool, Thief Tools)
    Tracking Tool - Kallethen
    Pickpocket Tool - Kallethen
    Narfell World/Server Updates - Tsarist
    Healing Others with Potions
    Crafting System (ATS/MTS/CNR) - Tsarist
    Emote Wand
    Rest Menu
    Spell changes
    Familiar Changes
    Animal Companion Restrictions
    Detect Evil Tool
    Cleric Validation