Blue Raven's Journal

• The dinner party at the estate of Mister Calloway was as uncomfortable as I had thought it would be. I would have avoided it, except Lieutenant Jorino seemed to be looking for someone to distract and to watch her back. And I do seem at home in that role. It is quite unnerving to be surrounded by people whose intentions are purposefully misdirected. But, good practice against the like of the twin of my Godess. Darkness is all about misdirection. I should learn more about those methods.

• Reminds me of the games we played at the monastery. In those games of strategy, each piece had a role. But what kind of piece purposefully puts itself in the middle? Whatever that piece is... it is what this Calloway is. Positioning himself to benefit no matter which side lost. And also to position others that if they lost, they could take the blame... even others on it's... side.

• Trying to get the wizard that took that crechemachine... whatever that is... from him... to try and get that same wizard to use it in the manner that he wanted to use it for in the first place? And then position it so that if the idea was refused... that that wizard would then be blamed for not using it in defense of the city. It was quite a maneuver.

• The idea of having a portable... null magic item... Lieutenant Grimm had a good thought bringing that idea to light. But... I think perhaps it may miss the point. Getting it around this Vere... mind reader... is the trick. She READS MINDS! Perhaps something that blanks a mind... in much the way we were taught at the monastery. Hmmm... what if this Vere isn't the Devil I think she is? What if she is faithless... but able to control minds... like... a mind flayer? I must ask Miss Proudfeet what she knows of those... things.

• The Oscuran Inquisitor and Priestess of Bane... Lilianna. Seems their Tribunal is attempting to shift power. Civil war in Oscura? Or the regular maneuvering of those with no honor or trust in their fellows? Her companion... I heard him called Elendel by the others in the expedition... as well as Protector of Oscura... seems a slippery one. Twice I protected him from those devil women when they had him enthralled... with no acknowledgment. He seems quite full of himself.

• It is disturbing that Grimm made no attempts to close this threat to his city. Only sought to test himself against a Pit Fiend... which, luckily, we did not encounter this time. I wonder if he, for some reason, has a death wish.

• I was able to skin several of the Hellcats in their native plane. The skins remain upon my return to our world. Peraps unwise, but perhaps the Tanning Master in Peltarch can help me craft a cloak that will lend this devilish power towards defense against demons? Barring that, I am sure the Ceruleans can study it to find better ways of harming the fiends.

• Lady Snyder continues to leverage what she can to garner power in the Peltarchian power structure. I only see her in the company of those whose methods and morals I find... questionable at best. She is a shadow that will need lighting up at one point or another.

• Finding the shepherd girl's body... as crushing as it was to have to carry her small broken body home to her parents... at least she will be given the proper rites and a decent burial. Perhaps her sacrifice and giving her body directly to the Crown Herald will spur the Crown to take action to rid this devilish threat from their realm. Perhaps I can use Lady Snyder's hunger for power to leverage the situation to spur further action?

• There is still the pressing matter of the Silver Host. I hope Verika found SOMETHING regarding the two blessings and their source. With those remains and long dead corpses of Jiyydian soldiers being piled on the areas south of that old town... I believe the Host to be active in continuing to purge demons from the area.

• I wonder if the destruction of Demons, and the opening of a portal from Hell to allow Devils to roam... are somehow connected. Was the Silver Host's puppetmaster clearing the ground for their own troops in another outcropping of the Bloodwar here on our world?

• The letter from my Order... letting me know that I am now a Raven was unexpected. Perhaps the increase in the responsibilities I am trying to manage go with that? How did the Hawk and Dove know? I have not communicated with the Order since my release to sojourn. Perhaps it is Lady Moonbeam at the Lighthouse Temple? I will have to ask her.