Reyer's Thoughts

• A messy set of thinking

• Is not my fault... is totally my fault!
    I went to Maria only to ask her what was the official position of the Keep about Chaevre and the Silver Host after the exile judgment. The Keeper was surprised, she even didn't know about it. She asked for an explanation and I summarised what I saw and heard at the trial trying to be the most objective I could. My only remark was about my fear about how the pale professor could be escaped to the sentence. My feeling about the impossibility to lock up her so easily was well-founded, rumors about her appearance in Oscura already spread. I swear that I didn't want her expulsion but in the light of events I can't blame Maria's decision. I hope to clarify Chaevre's actions and motivations.

• Chaevre' Vaelen

I'm stunned. I can't believe it really happened and I don't know what think about. My pale teacher is exiled. Silver Host send her to another plane to atone for her sins. I'm torn. Chaevre is an enigmatic figure. On the one hand there is the necromancy professor, on the other side an unknown murderer.
    I can only singing the praises of her wizard's work. During Maria's missing she took care of the Spellweaver Keep alone. Previously she has held the Keeper status so maybe she was used to that burden but I think it wasn't light. She found me lost in the oscura's tunnels desperately looking for the surface. She recognized my potential and welcomed me in the Keep. She followed my studies despite she wasn't my master. Actually I managed to become adept without a master but her help was priceless. I learned all i know about necromancy from her books. I started my studies about gems following her essay of onyx as example. I would never be able to start my enchanting career without her. She was tough but fair, serius and dedicated, not a butterfly like Tirreth. Surely she is of very few words and hate lose time. She is that kind of woman that to teach you how to swim throw you in the water without notice.
    On the other hand her purposes was unknown and her past covered in fog. I read the record of her earlier trial in the spellweaver's library. Prosecuted for a corpse's theft in the peltarch's morgue. Not a great charge in my opinion. I didn't understand why people hate her. There was that thing about a dark enchantress, but I didn't find any documents to form an opinion about. Master Z warned me about Chaevre. He thought she was undertaking the way to become a lich. I believed he was exaggerating, Chauntea's dictates don't take kindly to necromancy.
    But recent events got me thinking. The rumors about her cursed wedding present, without further investigation are only rumors in my opinion, but I can't ignore them. What got me suspicius was a string of hinky murders in town. Last one's clues leading right to her. I couldn't believe my own deductions. I intensively spoke with Shesarai to dispel my doubts but to no avail. Far be it from me to denunce my teacher but I put the bug in her cerulean's ear to follow investigation and hopefully prove that I was wrong. The news of the trial took me unprepared. I even didn't know she was captured. I rushed to hear counts and her defence. Understood the accusations I didn't say a word to her advantage. I follow the trial dismayed. I waited for her words. I wanted that she reject those scurrilous charges. That's not what happened. I didn't understand her twisted logic and I no more know what think about her.
    Last but not least ... does her really exiled? I don't think is easy outsmarted a magician like her. Probably I was only a mere pawn on her chessboard, but if all end in this way, it was a small price to pay for knowledge.