Item Enchantment - Lady Aurora Moonbeam for Blue Sparrow II

• IMPORTED BY METAGOD - COMPLETE!

I need help creating this from one of the DMs, as the Mac Version of NWN through Steam doesn't have an Aurora Toolset available to it. Thanks - Kerby

Character Name: Blue Sparrow
    Character Receiving Item: Blue Sparrow
    50-50 XP Hit: No
    Character Level: 11
    Caster Level: 12th? NPC Lady Aurora Moonbeam
    Enchanting Facility: Tower of the Moonmaiden
    Spells Used: Bless, Prayer, Cat’s Grace, Divine Power, Freedom of Movement, Haste
    Materials used: 49 Moonstones, 14 Silver Ingots, 7 Pure Spring Water Potions, MW Dwarven Flatbottomed Boots, 2 White Stag hides, 14 bird feathers, x4 Average Centipede Poison, x4 Wyvern Blood
    Item Level: 9

Item Name: Blue’s Aether Treads

Enchantments:
    +2 AC (Dodge) : 8 point cost
    +2 Discipline : 1 point cost
    +1 Discipline: crafted item base bonus
    -80% weight - crafted item base bonus
    Yellow Glow - 10 foot radius
    Class Restriction: Monk
    Alignment Restriction: LG or LN

Model/Icon: Any yellow or white colored boot icons

Item In-Game Description:
    These bindings seem to be a combination of monastic form and of dwarven traditional ground hugging footwear. Formed of white stag pelts, reinforced with hardened wyvern bones, they are incredibly light and subtle. The soles appear to have an almost toothed appearance to their flat bottoms, something akin to how sharkskin grips in all directions. The pelts are stitched in an unusual pattern that seems to have no repeat to the knotting used… and all stitched with a form of woven silver.

When a Selunite monk of the Sun Soul focuses their Ki, they are able to use these treads to grip the very aether around them, making them more maneuverable than normally possible.

———————————————————————————-

Story:
    She watched intently as her martial master Jade Raven sparred with True Hawk, the monastery’s leader of the Sun. It was a rare event to see two Masters of our form match each other. Their choices of movements were like a conversation between two poets. Each an expert… but choosing different words to describe the same their ideas. True Hawk was truly of the Sun. Blindingly fast. But Jade Raven was adept at both the Sun and Moon forms. The flexibility of speaking both forms showed.

There was a point in the match where it was certain that Jade Raven would be caught by a side kick. But she put a foot up to her side… and seem to bounce off the very aether itself. Three moves after that… the action paused, and the Masters bowed to each other… and it was over. I was confused, so the next time I was in lessons with Jade Raven, I asked her why the match ended after the unusual move she performed.

She closed her eyes, as if reviewing the match in her mind and after a moment… nodded. "There is a manner in which the aether in which we flow through can be caught and made fixed. It requires the focusing of your Ki. The foot wraps that I wear assists in this focus. Once True Hawk realized that his focus was on thinning the aether to quicken his strikes. My focus was equal and opposite. Thus, it was a stalemate.

I asked our clothier and leatherworker Master what was involved in making such a focus. I was shown the manner in which they were created. But, being a novice… it has taken many years of working leather, and practicing air forms to understand the reasoning behind them.

In my travels, and working with various master crafters of leather, I ran across a dwarves type of footwear that seems to bind one to earth. As their peoples are one of earth, I sought to understand this binding. They would not, however share their secrets with one not of their kind. I did find one master dwarf who would work with me to combine my knowledge of Sun Soul wraps with the dwarven earth footwear.

Master Negan was most helpful in this manner. I hunted and skin the white stags myself. Being careful to use the skins from their haunches… where their leg muscles would run the same direction as the skin. They were purified and cured using water gathered from a pure spring and then blessed by Lady Moonbeam.

The silver was pulled from the earth by my own hand. Smelt and combined with the powdered dust of 49 perfect moonstones. Hammered to thread and fortified with divine power, and prayer from my Guide and High Priestess of Selune in Peltarch.

What took me the longest was figuring out how to keep the wyvern feathers flexible and prevent the feather mites from eating the oil between the feather’s bristles. The feathers would harden and crack as I tried to weave them. But apparently the very poison from the wyverns is what prevents the mites from attacking the feathers on the living ones. Collecting the poison from adult wyverns… the older the better, and soaking the feathers in this tincture until the liquid dried completely is what did it.

The feathers were then woven into the lining of the footwear after my Lady blessed them with Freedom of Movement from our Guide and Goddess. I provided the materials to Master Horst as well as some possible changes to his design to not only fit a human woman, but also to aid in the movements required by my ankle, arch and digits in my martial forms.

The result is yet another masterpiece of Master Horst. The crafted treads were brought by me to the Temple. Where after a fast and purification of body and mind, my guide and spiritual leader in Peltarch, Lady Moonbeam called upon the Moonmaiden to move some of my own Sun Soul into the form. These would resonate with my own Ki. In a final quickening, she cast Haste on me… and once the heat of my soul subsided in the cool air of the full moon, Blue’s Aether Treads shimmered on the altar, awaiting their purpose.