IC: posters on walls and strewn about

• as if overnight, posters start to come up across Peltarch on doors, post boards and scattered in the streets, all reading the same or similar message

Attention citizens of the Jewel. The Silver Host has made a mockery of our laws, of our brave Defenders, and of our beloved King. They wish to see every crime of every citizen be seen to "judgment" and ultimately a DEATHLY sentence.

They removed the last little scourge of demons from nearby lands, picking up the small remaining scraps from the battles already won by the Jewel and her allies. Their thirst for bloodshed is not quenched yet, and their malevolent eyes are set upon YOU and YOUR LOVED ONES.

There are those who stand up for the Silver Host. They are our neighbors, but they would gladly trade the happiness, safety, and compassion the Jewel provides you for the cold, iron fisted judgement and punishment for you and your loved ones that the Silver Host promises.

Let us keep this Jewel free and not be made host to the Silver Parasite and those who ally with it.

Long live the King, long may He reign, and long may the Jewel shine pure.

• Commoners are torn, in what appears to be an even split, between supporting the Silver Host and supporting the Crown's ban.

One of the supporters of the Crown's ban argue that "We otta help our troops! 'Tis our men and women on those walls! We don't need anotha threat!" Another urges, "These foreigners don't know our land, they don't know how we do things here. Who do they think they are to come tell us what to do and how to do it?" And another yet insists, "They took one of our villagers! Who will they take next?"

On the other hand, critics of the Crown's ban and supporters of the Silver Host equally abound. One of them argues, "The villager they took was the sister of that traitor, Talbot Anderson, and a practitioner of necromancy and other vile magic, and, I hear, a murderer! Don't believe your ears when it comes to these naysayers. The Silver Host is good and true." Another one insists, "They want Reyhenna Jorino? They can have her! That bitch killed my son, who defended this city against her demonic allies. And what did she get as punishment? A JOB WITH THE CROWN'S MILITARY! Goes to show you how this place works, eh? I spit on this 'justice,' as I spit on any who call it such!" And another one still notes, "The Silver Host purges demons and punishes wrongdoers. What the hells does our King do? Sit on his throne, emptying his impotent seed in wretched foreign women while his actual wife does only the Gods know what, while we all hope for the miracle that some bastard is birthed to take the King's place and grow fat, simply because some Church of Nobles says this is how it's supposed to be?"

Several Guardsmen are seen dragging off critics of the Crown to cool their mouths in the Gaol.

[DM Xanatos Gambit]