MOONLIGHTERS

• MONDAYS, 12:30a GMT / 7:30p EST, start at the Lucky Ferret.

A post to update the team on this group. Mostly for weekly bucket list/leadership rotation and to give the DM team an idea of what that member wanted to attempt for an adventure.

BACKGROUND:
    We are gaming buddies. Happen to frequent the same gambling den and hit it off when there was a barroom brawl. We all defended our card table, and it has been 'ours' ever since. Over the years, we've found it to be our escape from our other responsibilities.
    So when someone suggested that we use the excuse to get away from our wives/families/businesses/duties/etc... you all decided to expand 'game night'. At first it was all of us heading out to a cabin (that one of you built for get-aways with their family outside the city walls... a bit into the Giantspires) to drink and play cards and dice over for a couple days. It then turned into week long 'hunting trips' with your buddies. The group now takes turns recommending the next thing to cross of their 'bucket list’. Typically these are ways to blow off steam, rather than to pursue some serious earth shattering responsibility.

ROTATING LEADERS:
    Each character gets a turn at leading the group and choosing the adventure idea. If you aren’t there when it’s your turn, you get skipped. If you want a DM to be involved, you’re best bet is to post your adventure idea in this thread with the date that it is happening. That week’s leader is the party leader and calls the shots. DMs are, of course, likely to change your plans. : )

MEMBERS:
    Kerby / Dozer “Plug” Mantleborne / Dwarf / Fighter 7 Dwarven Defender 2
    RedneckDM / John “Buck” Smith / Human / Rogue Fighter
    Sciolist / Olithir “Randy” Kelerandri / Elf / Cleric 7
    Necrofai / Cara “Bender” Benson / Elf / Bard 6
    Maverickoriginal / Ruby "Rube” Skycaller Trill / Halfling / Cleric 8
    Cryingchild / Sebo “Nicknack” Nackle / Wizard 7
    Dragonsai / Chance “Jack” Strom / Fighter 6 WM 2
    Addictedtomint / Arinbiorn “Stretch” Áskelsson / Ranger 6
    St_Croix / Ash “Fingers” Jadin / Rogue Assassin
    Shalvenay / Merin "Lewd of Laces" Steffini / Sorc 4/Rogue 2

• February 18
    Leader: Rube
    Situation: Down the Hold and Back Again... and the Furniture that Eats Gnomes

Description: Went poking gobbers. Smooth as fine dwarven ale. Pointy, that elf that would always point at his opponents hands during Dragon Cards? Yeah, he came with. Not bad with the sharp end, but a bit flighty. All worked out pretty well though. Decided to try our hand at going up through the hold. Found out that Slicer Beetles slice pretty well. Bawk found out the best side of a dwarven shield to be on. Potions were gathered... potions were drank.

Characters: Plug, Buck, Rube, Lewd, Nicknack & Pointy. Not sure the DM this time.

• February 13
    Leader: Plug ((Because Redneck multitasks like a laserbeam))
    Situation: Fish Sauce.

Description: We decided that fish sauce would be great on bar food and thought the Kua Toa swill might be JUST what was needed. Especially since Buck couldn't book a room in Oscura for the dart tournament. All went well... the new shield Dozer has makes a hell of a difference. Few great moments... a perfectly placed fireball. A couple glyphs. Got to use Defensive Stance while I had two sneaks, two elites and four or five bombers on me. Works like a charm... and with the sneaks being unable to sneak attack me... they are pushovers.

We even poked our head into the underdark and was instantly engaged by a kua toa elite, Umberhulk and Dire Displacer beast at the transition. Well timed heal and we walked out okay though. That was when Lewd disappeared and we ended up leaving him ((logged out for dinner, figured he could invisibility himself outta there... WRONG!))

We decided after a few drinks back up at the Ferret, that perhaps we should look for Lewd ((at -19 HPs from the blind-fighting enabled kua toa sneaks)). Dozer took off to the rescue first... bulling his way without fighting ANY of the first floor fish sticks. And made his way to Lewd half way through the second level. Nicknack and Buck followed and fought most the first floor. Then fought our way out after jokes about Lewd impregnating a kuo toa, and he is now the proud father of 20,000 eggs.

Characters: Plug, Buck, Rube, Lewd and Nicknack. No DM this time.

• February 4
    Leader: Plug
    Situation: Barbarian Queue (BBQ) Wyvern Wings!

Description: Plug got it into his head to remake a Hordeland's favorite of his clan, BBQ Wyvern Wings. A recipe made into an art form by the barbarians out beyond the Golden Road, near his homelands. When he found out there were wyverns in the Rawlins, he decided to use his bucket list to make some hot wings!

Fought our way through hobgoblin lands, found the nesting grounds of the wyvern. Fought off harpy bitches that wanted to steal our wings, and finally found young wyverns! The CON poison was devastating, and we had to scrape Lewd up a couple times, but wings were gathered! We then stopped off into the hobgoblins den for one of the ingredients of the hot sauce, which was skimmed off the giant cauldron in their main feast hall.

The group high-tailed it to the Grapevine, where Cook Lana (with guidance from Plug) made wings hot enough to make you breath fire. Bender made it out the door before throwing up, and even Plug had to take tap to mouth at first. Buck unsuccessfully tried to 'pick up' Autumn, who seemed to enjoy the wings.

Characters: Plug, Buck, Randy, Bender, Rube, Lewd... with non-Moonlighters Grim and Casia tagging along. No DM this time.

• @metagod will do.... thank you

• oh there it is. its approved. just find a dm to do it for you

• @metagod said in MOONLIGHTERS:

@karion_silverbow said in MOONLIGHTERS:

I think I mentioned it before but I won't be playing my Moonlighter "Buck" until I hear whether he's been approved for a rebuild or not.

I see no rebuild request for anyone named 'buck'

I sent it to ReiJin. He said he would pass it along to the team. Character name is John Smith. Buck is his nickname.

• @karion_silverbow said in MOONLIGHTERS:

I think I mentioned it before but I won't be playing my Moonlighter "Buck" until I hear whether he's been approved for a rebuild or not.

I see no rebuild request for anyone named 'buck'

• I think I mentioned it before but I won't be playing my Moonlighter "Buck" until I hear whether he's been approved for a rebuild or not.

• Reminder... Moonlighters is on for two hours from now. : )

• January 14
    Leader: Nicknack
    Situation: Fishsticks and Brainsuckers
    Description: Nicknack heard of these things on the ceilings of caves that swoop down and suck your brains out. So, hell ya we had to see THAT! Plus... Dozer was in no danger from those creatures, so he was all in. Kuo Toa were slaughtered... ore was sniffed and licked to identify it. When Darkmantles were found, we used Jack as bait, and everything worked out peachy.
    Characters: Nicknack, Dozer, Ruby, Jack, and Murbles... I miss anyone?

• @karion_silverbow Thanks for the post Karion. And thanks for leading Mav. Sorry for being the unconscious for this... and... looks like Nick Nack is up next to lead. Any ideas Cryingchild/ @Darkspyr?

• January 7
    Leader: Ruby
    Situation: Exploring the Rawlinswood
    Description: While hanging out having some drinks, Ruby mentions that he would like to go exploring the Rawlinswood. They start in the western Rawlinswood near the Misty Pond. There the group encounters goblins and wolves. While exploring they find a cave nearby and decide to go inside. There they encounter not only goblins and wolves, but hobgoblins as well. Deep in the cave they find a wolves' pen of sorts. Jack opens the pen and the wolves are put down. That's when the wolves trainer comes to avenge the death of his pets. He dies, the group heads home, and splits the spoils.
    Characters: Ruby, Jack, Buck, Bender, Lewd

• @kerby Wednesdays are better for me in general.

• MOONLIGHTERS will not be meeting Monday, December 24th (seeing how it is Christmas Eve) or the following Monday, December 31st (seeing how it is New Years Eve). We can either return on January 7th, OR we can aim for Wednesday nights of those weeks (that'd be Wednesday, December 26th, and Wednesday, January 2nd). If you are available to play, drop me a message in Discord letting me know. Next up is Ruby!

• December 17
    Leader: Bender
    Situation: Hag Curses Needed
    Description: Our bard wants to learn the spell Vicious Mockery. But he needs to learn the curses from a real Hag. While bumbling around the swamps, we hear that another group has tracked down coven of hags! We track them down, join forces with them and go on a murderous game of bag the hag. In battling these fiends, Bender has learned some of the best 'yo mama' insults known by hag. Special thanks to Cecil, Walt and Autumn for being the mint in our mojito.
    Characters: Plug, Bender, Ruby, Nicknack, Jack & Merin.

• December 10
    Leader: Randy
    Situation: Spilled Beer
    Description: Cutpurse spilled Jack's drink while stealing his coin. Pursue to pirate cave. Mayhem ensues. DM: Andelas+
    Characters: Plug, Randy, Bender, Ruby, Nicknack, Jack, Stretch, and Twotoes.