Lady Varya Tiller

• Peltarch Employee

Account: MojoJoe (US hours)
    Character name: Lady Varya Tiller

Bio

Name: Varya Tiller
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Sandy blonde
    Build: Curvy with tone. (B:38"D, W: 28", H: 42")
    Height: 181 CM (5'11.5)
    Weight: 90kg (196 Ilbs)
    Voice: Soft and slightly low pitch/breathy

Description

Standing before you, you would notice a vibrant young woman with emerald eyes and sandy-blonde hair. The young woman seems to carry an air of quiet confidence about her. Up close one would notice she's quite tall; just over six feet tall in plate with boots and just under without them. There would be two different markings upon her that may pan her as a dead give-away for her relations, including the holy symbol of Chauntea she carries on a pendant as well as the Tiller family crest upon her armor and clothing.

History:

Having grown up, in the fields of southern Peltarch, Varya is the child of the priestess and and lower house Damaranian noble Annastasia Blake and the not-too-recently appointed Baron Thom Tiller. Since she was a child, Varya had always shown a deep desire to provide for the community, whether it be the little girl hefting bags of potatoes onto the back of a cart along with her younger brother Finlay, bringing water to those working on the field, or learning the practices of the Chauntean church, or roughhousing with the boys, Varya has always been quite outgoing, enjoying the company of others.

Along with her studies and work on the farm, Varya had taken the time to educate herself in arithmetic, diplomacy, and writing; doing her best to expand her horizons and scope of knowledge beyond her modestly educated mother and her slight dullard of a loving father.

Despite being physically capable, intelligent, and lovely, Varya carries the trait of stubbornness, refusing to take heed to warnings of her mother and father about travelling alone in the southern farmlands that have been plagued by undead during her upbringing. While the moans of zombies would often terrify those upon the farm who could often barely manage a good-nights rest, borrowing her mother's sword 'Checkmate' at night when people weren't looking along with taking healing potions she purchased herself with her own earnings, the young teen did not hesitate to do her best dealing with the undead menace...

Up until she was caught, battered on the ground within an inch of her life on the ground. Not giving up, she cried with all her might, one knee and sword in hand, declaring that in the name of her Goddess she would not relent.

A divine light then and there would shine upon her, and with what little strength she had left she would sever head from body. In her fading view her mother managed to fully heal her having observed the whole thing, doing everything she could to keep herself and her own husband-to-be from saving her daughter as the column of light shone upon her.

"Thom... our baby has Chauntea's attention." Anna said, passing her daughter to her father who one could only imagine would be gobsmacked with everything that happened. To which Anna would then add, "I need to consult with Yllalynn."

A day had passed, including much yelling and frustration from her father which was not reciprocated in turn; Varya not showing regret for what she did but at the same time doing her best to calm her father down as and attempting to de-escalate the situation, Anna would then return once her daughter was asleep once more.

In the morning then after, with both of them in the kitchen, father sitting at the table while mother looked to be baking; a sealed parchment which looked to contain a set of books, once their daughter had risen and made her way to the kitchen, the two of them would sit next to her after what looked like a long-nights discussion.

"Is this the path you want? You want to be a warrior?" Anna would ask.

The daughter initially wanting to want to run up to her mother and hug her, having gathered her bearings and realizing her mother may have knew what transpired, Varya would reply simply with: "I wanted to do the right thing. I wanted to protect the people, and I wanted those undead to never bother us again, but they keep coming back!"

Anna seemingly saddened by her answer forced a smile then; meanwhile her father did his best to keep calm but the way his chest would heave as he took heavy breaths, a massive arm just reached over the table and slid the parchment to Varya who would look to it, then both of them. "Open it." He would mutter.

There would be three books present. A Chauntean holy book of prayer, a guide to advancing as a priestess of Chauntea, and the Paladin's Oath, co-signed by both herself and Yllalynn.

"You said you wanted to be a priestess, but I did some research and came to the conclusion that I give you all of these. After that stunt you pulled last night, I want to make sure my baby is ready to do what needs to be done. If you wish to become a priestess, I will guide you as one as well, but as you can see, there's another book there as well. I want you to read it, and understand that should you choose that path, things will become exceptionally more difficult for you."

A young boy's voice could be heard from around the corner: "I want to be a paladin too!" to which Thom snapped and shouted "GO TO YER ROOM or I'll whup yer arse 'till ye change yer mind!" To which the child darted off.

Varya herself, who was 15 compared to her 9 year old brother, with maturity and composure would take all books into her chest and hug them, looking to her mother. The books layed out before her, she would draw the oath to her first, and nodded. A moment after then, she'd put the other two on top of the first and hugged them to her chest. "Though I think I'll need them all, eventually! I'll make you both proud."

"Ye already made us proud, now ye'll make us worry to death." Her father would say. Her daughter standing up, almost a half-head taller than her mother and a full head shorter than her father, embraced the two of them.

And from there her journey would begin.

• reviewed, xp given