A public report.

• In the early hours, a tired but rather determiend Warziver was seen questioning many adventurers, doing some mild investigations and writing. It would apear that the copies of this report are the results of his work.

Attention and Warning

Public Report on Deurgar Activity

Attention people of Narfell, my name is Warziver Aegiself and I write the following in hopes that it can warn and assist those more capable in stopping the Deurgar threat facing the region. Below are account of individuals accosted by the deep dwarves including my own so that someone with keen mind may try to find the link or formulate a plan.

Personal Accounts

• First

I have personally encountered the Deurgar twice, once was while I was within the KuaToa lower cavern system, I was patrolling and was immediately surrounded by many Kuatoa and Yaun-Ti. I must say I thought my life was for naught however I was able to fight and kill my way from the encirclement to flee up the cavern, I attempted to go back to finish the numbers I saw when more arrived and but me in a deadly position I was nearly felled but managed to escape only with the help of my god and an invisibility potion.

When I got almost tot he cavern leading to Oscura a Duergar with a heavy flail stopped me and even spoke in common, "So they could not deal with you, I will do it myself" before he begun to attack me. At that point I had very little left and only by the grace of Arvoreen was I able to defeat my oponent and finally flee. What I gathered from this was that the Duergar where certainly in control of the situation and the Yaun-Ti where acting under this Duergars orders to ambush and kill me.

• Second

The second time I encountered them I was thankfully with more people: Laerune, Roslyn, and Kethron to be exact. We where attempting to locate and kill a Goblin who trapped the Norwick gates when we happened upon a reasonably sized group of Deurgar. We where confident in our combined ability and plan to deal with these duergar however we soon learned that we underestimated them outright. More came from the tunnel ahead and behind almost like they where the walls themselves no less than a dozen or more Deurgar set upon us in an instant.

I immediately called for everyone to run however I was encircled and four chased after Laerune and Kethro, Madam Roslyn managed to conceal herself while they focused in on myself before she in turn turned her bow on the Deurgar. It was a very hard fought and costly victory for us but we managed to survive and retreat back to norwick. Upon one of the bodies Roslyn found a note which seemed to be an order for the Duergar to retrieve Illithid Brains.

Eye-Witness Accounts

Reemul De'Costa
    Mister Reemul said he encountered a dead Duergar body outside the Legion and Silver Valley encampment before finding a group of people who said a large fight broke out. Upon hearing this Mister Reemul decided to do his best to warn the local Dwarven fortress at the crossroads, however upon his report the dwarves seemed to already know of the problem. They did not seem particularly interested in this information and nor did they seem interested in helping to solve the problem.

Once Mister Reemul left to warn Norwick he was en-spelled by a Deurgar mage and it taunted him saying, "You where looking to Deurgar, so here I am!". Mister Reemul quickly identified the Duergars mistake and said he was, "Looking to avoid them", after which strangely the Mage allowed him to live and get away. Mister Reemul also spoke of a note that the group found on the Duergar that read generally as:

• Dwarven hold dwarves accused of killing Duergar as genocide
      -New Deurgar king wont have it anymore
      -Brings in a new force of Deurgar
      -New force is pushing foreword to take the Throne and lives of everyone in the hold

Sir Cormac
    Sir Corma also informed me of his encounter with the Deurgar, it was an attack on the Longroad and Crossroads that he was witness and warrior to. He said that many came and when he was finally able to go out and investigate he was able to follow one of their Priestess types to a hole im the ground. It appeared that the Deurgar are tunneling to the surface and if they had one tunnel I very much doubt they do not have more.

Sir Cormac also spoke of a note his group found, it was the same one that Mister Reemul spoke of and it appears to be the same one the Sir Tirreth took for translation and circulated to the various authorities of the region.

Warziver attachs a copy of said findings Tirreth's Translation

Hearsay/Rumor

There has been talk in the commons of peltarch of Deurgar and 'Deep Duerra', I have not found anyone to substantiate any of this evidence yet.

**To any who have facts to add to this report, please write upon the3 provided pages, even the smallest of details could give the right minds the proper jump. Only togeather can we prevent what is being plotted against our friends and allies within the Dwarven hold.

Thank you, Arvoreen be with you all and keep you under his protection in these times.**

Warziver leaves many blank pages attached the the report

• Duergar In the Crypt

The other day a group of adventurers including myself went to purge the crypts below Peltarch of the undeath, what we encountered was a much stronger force of undeath. After a extensive search of the crypt we where able to locate it's source and unsettlingly it appeared to be a host of Duergar. I would advise that if adventurers see anything out of the ordinary that their first move should be to gather intelligence, and not blindly rush into the fray without proper preparation. These Duergar, they are playing off our confidence and our self implied skill to trick us into traps that are proving more and more deadly. Every one Duergar you count add another for you can be certain more are hiding.

• The Friendly Illithid

I know it may sound strange, however recently we have encountered a Ettercap and an Illithid claiming to be friends in our cause against the Duergar. I was not able to sense any evil within their souls however the Illithid needs time to recover from its injuries before we can speak with it. I believe they can be our allies in this fight against the Duergar especially since it apears at least one of the Duergar factions attacking the surface is looking for an Illithid brain.

We also encountered more Yaun-Ti, I can only assume under the employ of the Deurgar or control some how, they where in the pass this time and nearly killed me the moment they appeared. Take caution when and where you go, but do not let the fear take hold of your soul and know that Arvoreen protects us and will protect those with goodly intention.

Arvoreen be with you all.

~Warziver