The Notes on Narfell - An adventuring Journal by Filfred Fingerzap.

• Entry 1: Bazinga

Well, I suppose I'm writing these up, now, eh? Seemed best appropriate, as perhaps I may perish, and the information and studies related to the region known as 'Narfell' could be of use to somebody. I have resided in this place, on and off, for nigh-on two years.

Firstly, it seems connected to the deities, more powerfully so than anywhere else in Faerun. I encountered Mystra herself after an... Unfortunate battle with a few Kobolds. The Four Bald's Figurine (Of which, I will likely explain more of in a later entry, worry not, dear reader!), which she instructed me to find, has remained ever elusive, though I hope that I will accomplish her task... Perhaps I, Filfred Fingerzap will become the next of Mystra's chosen.

Hah, wouldn't that be a laugh?

Anywhom, back on topic. I have recently learned how to teleport myself and other creatures that I touch to a familiar location, thanks to an odd mage who teleported himself by speaking the command word 'Bazinga'. I can also summon an Archon, which is neat. In this Region, I feel that I am able to commune with the weave with ease, twisting the ever-flowing mystery of magic to my will, and expelling it forth from my very being for the betterment of my allies, and the destruction of my enemies... Not that I have many, that is.

It seems the Sharran (Who's name escapes me.) that I held so much hatred and contempt for has either died or fled the region, which is always good. Her finding out about the Figurine and communicating its' location to her dark goddess would have ruined so much work and planning... Nevertheless, I must be vigilant. The walls have eyes, as they say...

I wonder if that saying was invented by a mimic.

The First day of the First Tenday of Leafall, 1570DR

• Entry 3: Rather long rest.

Well! I wasn't expecting to be predisposed on the sword coast for a whole year, but things happen, don't they?

Recently, after I returned, I have teleported Meriell back to Narfell, been assailed by that same damned kobold, twice! [How did he get past my traps?!] and decided that, although the Archon is damned powerful when it decides to fight, it's not the greatest creature to summon for a few reasons:

A: He spends 24 seconds of the 60 second spell time casting self-improvement spells.
    B: He shouts a lot.

It's giving me a headache.

• Entry 2: Technical Teleportation Travesty!

Disaster! After recently acquiring the ability to transport myself and three others, (And doing so successfully up until this.), I ended up miscasting the spell and sending everyone in the Peltarch Commons to some sort of... Desert.

After a lot of battling Medusas, the head, horrid sand-worm creatures and other such beasties, we came across a cave. We had attempted to rest there for the day, as teleporting in such a way, somehow made us forget all of our fifth-circle incantations.

Inside this cave, however, was an army of skittering, horrifying bug-men. It seemed that they had no end and that this was where we would die, but luck struck yet again, a great roar from the cave mouth scared them off.

The roar, however, came from... Well, what must have been an Ancient Black Dragon. I've no idea how, but we managed to slay it. After which, someone else in the group broke a crystal, and we appeared, in a flash of light, in the Commons again.

We broke the sundial again.
    Whoops.

Addendum - Abernathy's crystal appears to have lost magic, but I will not give up hope. One day, Bazinga will save us. I'm sure of it.

The Fourth day of the Third Tenday of Leafall, 1570DR