A Sapling Branches Out - Journal of Cia Briarfang

• I’ll admit I expected to have some difficulty in finding the druid circle here. I mean, I am staying in a city. A city is hardly a place most druids call home. And yet shortly after I stepped out of the doorway and onto the streets of Peltarch, a druid found me. I could not believe my fortune.

I suppose as druids go, I’m probably pretty obvious. My vine bracers and the leaves that the cause to grow in my hair certainly differentiates me from city folk. She certainly noticed them. I also imagine my nervousness made me stand out.

I think the only time I can recall being in a city was when I was a little girl, before my parents were killed by orcs. And that was only for a visit since we lived in a village. After the druids took me in, I lived in the forest. Seeing walls of stone surrounding me with only a few trees feels unnatural to me. I’m not sure if I will get used to it. Maybe if I try to think of it as a forest of stone?

Aoth of the Circle of Quercatha Terr is a druid of Akadi. She seems to have an inquisitive nature; she took to asking me about my hair leaves and then the bracers after I explained them. She also seems to be deliberate with her words and actions, not haphazard. After introductions, she led me outside the city so that I would be more comfortable and showed me a grove that her circle helped establish. There I met two other druids, Imizel of Lurue and Korra of Lord Firemane. I also met a ranger, by the name of Keerla. All of them nice people, I think.

Aoth eventually led me to their main grove which is located far south from the Peltarch and even beyond Norwick. It is on the edge of the Rawlinswood. Before we got to the grove, we were assaulted by a surprisingly powerful group of goblins. Their wizard almost killed me with his ice spell, but fortunately I survived. I’m sure Bloodclaw would be jeering at me right now if he was here. I’ve always been nothing but a kitten to him. These goblins surprised the others though. Korra exclaimed they were bold for coming so near to the Thunder Witch’s home.

We did eventually make it to the grove, and oh my what a sight it is. It is quite beautiful and there are numerous pixies and other fey flying about. Aoth warned me that her Circle is one that shares many faiths, and thus many different beings. Indeed I did glimpse a few of what most would consider monster races tending to various duties.

Sadly, we were all in need of some rest after that goblin attack. However, I was able to meet another druid, Leena of Mielikki. She is a very friendly person, with a smile on her face. She seemed very amused when I told her about the goblins and Korra’s comment about being near the Thunder Witch’s home. Apparently, that Thunder Witch is Leena herself!

I also met another woodsman, Ny’ithil. He also seemed to be a friendly elf. Leena took us on trip through some of the goblin caverns, to show us these interesting mushrooms. Stinky mushrooms. The spores they spat would cause such a coughing fit. But that can be good as you can collect those spores to use on enemies. And if a druid is faithful enough, such things won’t bother her.

I have some training to do, I guess, so that I can ignore things like those spores. Hopefully, these druids will agree to accept me as an apprentice. I suspect they will, so far I think I made a good impression. They certainly have made me feel welcome.