FAQ - Experience Penalty

• Since the question regarding this has come up just about every day im going to explain it here in detail.

First this is from the build update notes.

XP System

• C-tokens NO LONGER EXIST.
    • Combat XP receipt may be turned on or off using the "!combat" command.
    • Any PC with a combat token will have that token automatically removed and an "XP penalty" of 5000 1e xp per level. This penalty will only affect the RP bonus, not your combat XP accumulation.
    • RP tokens will not be automatically removed, but will be non-functional.
    • Examine function (should) no longer show citizenship status.
    • The 24 hour combat XP reset has been changed to a reduction of 2000 1e XP.
    • All RP xp gains lower accumulated combat XP (and the XP "penalty" for former combat or standard token holders but ONLY if the accumulated combat XP is at 0) at the modified rate.
    • Use the "!xp" command for additional information regarding your character's XP gains.

Combat % vs. RP %

100 - 100
    75 - 50
    50 - 25
    25 - 0
    15 - 0
    5 - 0

Now a few things to know first;
    When you type !xp you will see
    You are currently receiving combat XP at 0-100%
    This is how much experience is gained from killing spawns. Combat XP increases the ACCUMULATOR number

Current RP XP bonus is 0-100%
    This is the BONUS XP gained from, passive RP XP ticks, Exploration XP, DM Awarded XP. You either get all of the exp, or up to double the exp if it is at 100%

Accumulator is currently at 0+
    This is increased from combat xp and will affect your bonus RP xp.

Combat XP is ON/OFF
    This will turn on and off combat xp by typing !combat. For new characters it is default to ON, For Returning players it defaults to OFF.

XP penalty is 0+
    This is the value of XP debt the DM team decided on when the Combat and RP C-Token system was scrapped. Only old characters who had either a standard c-token or a combat token will have this penalty. It is reduced by gaining any amount of xp from any source. It sets your RP bonus to 0% until you clear it all.

0-24 hours/minutes/seconds until the accumulator is lowered.
    Every 24 hours your ACCUMULATOR XP is lowered by 2000, making 2000 the optimal amount of combat experience to have in a 24 hour period.

1E Total:Current xp, xp to level
    Current 1E XP and Next level exp.

The next thing that people have been curious about is
    Q: Why do I have a penalty when I wasn't around for the change to the system?

A: At the time, if you were above level 6 this meant you were likely a C-Token holder, and a c-token was a combat token. Thus you were given the penalty

Q: Why do I get a penalty? I am being punished for returning to play.

A: No, you are gaining experience points at exactly the same rate you did when you left. The only difference is that now you cannot spend all day farming combat exp because of the accumulator that is now in place.

Q: Did those who had a RP token get an exp penalty?

A: No.

Q: Well I might have chosen to get a RP token but I wasn't around, can I do that now and have it backdated?

A: Only characters lvl 6 or below were able to get a RP token, if you would like to have your Experience penalty wiped out, you may opt to have your character deleveled to 6.