The true story -- The Uramesy girls...

• A Conduit Towards Shadows
    The Corruption of Abigail Uramesy

Part 1…

Peace, tranquility and an ethereal calm surrounded the farmlands of Jiyyd. From atop the hills you could see past the near east, towards the Nars. The large hills and snowy roads could be seen from Jiyyd. It was a very beautiful start of a day, Lathander was kind to Narfell this day.

Doran Uramesy, an infamous young bard for the Regal Whore was standing tall with her arms crossed and a gentle smile. She wore traditional clothing of the Eastlander people, her silk and burlap tunic tap dyed a fine orange and ecstatic purple reflected the candle light. Standing tall above the Hinish innkeeper, Drudo, she began to speak, her voice truly angelic.

“Drudo..” She said keying she had a request of him.

“Uramesy” Drudo responded with a small smirk, he placed a glass he was cleaning onto the small bar and crossed his arms. He was used of her asking for minor things. A gold here, a few ales there. Mostly small things, however he found it amusing to watch her project her full charismatic potential each and every time.

“I am just curious…” She leaned over the bar and rested her hands upon her folded fists, tilting her head slightly to the side to let her scarlet hair envelop her face, “The flowery season is going to begin in a few sunups, and since we don’t have many customers or residents in the warmer seasons-“

“-You were wondering if you could take a day or two off?” Drudo cuts her off, being quick-witted he easily ended her conversation accurately.

Doran peered around at a group in the corner of the inn, a shadier looking couple. They wore dark black robes about their entire body. They hid their facial expressions with veils of black silk. Dangling and rattling from about their wrists were small cufflinks which bore large purple circular shapes with precious stones within the middle. They glanced over to Drudo and his employee a moment before resuming their whispering.

“More or less a moon or two” She winced as she said it, sounding longer than she thought it was when she spoke aloud.

Drudo stared flatly at her. She has witnessed this stare he often gave before, but this was the first time it fell upon her. She was so used to getting what she wanted from him she became irritated that he would give her such a glance.

“No” Drudo flatly put.

Doran frowned and pocketed her hands, she turned around and shrugged. She headed off to her room. Looking behind herself once she stuck her tongue out and resumed her usual joyful visage. Though that quickly faded when she got to her inn room door.

A young girl, perhaps six or seven years old was sitting hugging her legs outside the inn door. She had beautiful burgundy hair with streaks of flaming ginger in her hair. Seven diminutive freckles circled her left eye and gave her a sort of magical look.

“Abigail Anne, what are you doing outside at this hour? Would you care to be raped by a drunkard?” Doran harshly put, placing her hands upon her hips and looking that of a strict mother.

“I didn’ do nuttin!! You fergot to give me a key so how’m I suspose to get in?” Spoke Abiie, her voice filled with that innocence most children possess, though her voice was slightly raspy making her sound like a tomboy.

“That is no excuse!” Doran said, gripping Abiies wrist tightly and pulling her up to a standing position, “If you cannot get into the room you find Drudo or I near the bar and get a spare key!”

Doran removed a small bronze key from her belt and jammed it into the lock, turning and pushing the door open a bit violently. Chiero noticed Doran anger and knew what was best to do.

“Les go outside n’ practice for a walk” Chiero spoke softly into a child upon his laps ear.

The two exited the room without a word to Doran, who just drug Abiie into the room and tossed her gently at the couch, Abiie sit quietly not know what to say. She glanced across the room at a crib facing the window, the window that could clearly view the full moon that night.

“Come on Elli” Doran reached into the crib and removed her second daughter, a young year old child with a head-full of curly red hair. The young girl has beautiful green eyes with little specks of red in almost every area of the pupil. Her eyes were very close to that of a tigers.

Doran leaned down into the crib and started to lovingly stroke her second daughters hair. Running her finger across the young girls cheek and smiling wider with the cute noises the sleepy baby made.

Abiie simply watched. She started to slowly grit her teeth but she couldn’t place a finger upon why she was getting upset. Jealousy was sweeping her mind quicker than she could control her thoughts. She was so young yet so filled with rage over the love her sister got.

Abiie calmly stood up and walked over to Doran and Elii, she stood silently as she reached the two, glaring at her mother then looking to the young girl she was holding.

“What?” Doran said flatly, “Have you come to apologize for not finding me?”

Abiie shook her head and placed her hand upon the young Elli’s chest. She took a deep breath and muttered a few quiet words in an arcanic language, ending with her eyes narrowed and simply saying in common.

“Burning Hands”

• Steps in an Erroneous Direction
    The Corruption of Abigail Uramesy.

Part 2…

Doran’s eyes widened as she caught the first glimpse of the magical flames forming along her youngest daughters belly. She caught the angry glare in Abigail’s eyes and sharply turned her body, trying to shield Elli from the flames.

With quick thinking Doran quietly hummed a series of lullabys, while waving her free hand over by Abigails face. Her first rhyme was a quiet hinnish drinking melody, when played in a certain key it possesses the ability to heal minor wounds, she spread the positive energy over her daughter, healing the seared flesh. The second melody was a quiet Elvish lullaby, when this tune was played Elli went fast asleep, she didn’t even have a moment to cry before she was knocked out.

Abiie didn’t stop. Even with her mothers back turned she continued to shoot wave after wave of the burning red and orange flames towards the two. The entire room lit up like the hells. Abiie too set on her anger to realize the walls were starting to catch on fire.

Doran’s final melody was an elemental resistance tune, played quickly with a small wave of a hand produced a barrier to shield herself and Elli from the flames until Abigails spells expired.

Abiie stood tall, with her hand held outward. Her eyes were narrowed and her teeth were slightly visible. With a quick motion she recalled her hand to her side and crossed her arms, turning her body to look straight down at her kneeling mother.

Doran was on her knees glancing in Abiie’s direction with fearful eyes. She held Elli close to her chest, keeping her close and secure from her half-sisters rage. Her entire right side was charred and blistered. The edge of the room was black from the magical flames.

Abiie continued to glare at the two for a moment before her concentration was broken by her mothers sweet voice.

“Abiie… get out.”

The young Abigail shrugged and brushed a lock of her hair to the side. She headed toward the door feeling that nothing was the matter, that this was the correct thing she should of done. That she did with her bare hands.

She reached for the door handle before glancing over to her mother another time, she was now rocking Elli back and forth slowly while she silently cried.

“Weakling. You get it from that Selunite.” Abiie departed the room, slamming the door loudly and sitting with her back to it.

“I hate her” She gritted her teeth. “I did not ask for another brother or sister, I already HAVE one.”

She glanced over her shoulder as the door handle was turning from the opposite side. Her mother opened the thick oak door and smiled. “Abigail, pack your bags. We are going to take a trip. Let us go fishing for trout. Just the two of us”

Abiie smiled brightly and nodded, feeling that her plan to burn her sister to catch attention for herself was without flaw. She ran into the room and reached for her bagpack, giving her sister one glance in passing.

“Where are we going?” Abiie asked while folding a thin olive tunic into her pack.

“Tis a surprise my dear.” Doran responded “But I’m sure ye will be better away from here. I am sure”