Diary of Three Sisters

• In flowery, feminine text the diary starts…

_Hello glorious, splendid reader! If you are reading this that means you are our sister (or brother!), and we're wishing to welcome you to our sisterhood. I know what you may be thinking, what is this nonsense? Well, first, let me explain to you that my name is Minerva. I'm the youngest of the three of us, but I'm more social than my big sisters. I'm around the most, understand? Then there's Yvette, she's… well, she's older than me, and she's the meanest... you probably won't like her. Then the oldest of us is, well, truth be told, we don't know her name, she just goes by Big Sister. She's been around for a looooong time, even before the Dreamer went to sleep. Yvette knows the Dreamer too, but she fell asleep when I woke up. That's okay though, I still love her as we all do.

That's kind of the whole point of why we're writing this too... maybe there are more than us three sisters? We're not sure yet, but we're hoping that if you are reading this, that you'll join us in protecting the Dreamer. See, the Dreamer has been asleep for a long time now, and we know she can't get hurt if she is sleeping. The last time she woke up... she was so scared, she could barely do anything. So that's why we protect her. If we protect her, Big Sister says that everything will be made right.

I know it seems weird, waking up... I remember when I woke up, I was standing outside Peltarch in the distance, looking at the gates. I felt lonely, I felt empty, like something, someone was missing. Peltarch looked so new, yet so familiar at the same time. Eventually I met Big Sister and Yvette, and they filled me in on what was going on, just like I'll do for you now. See, the Dreamer fell asleep when she lost her sun. Big Sister says she tried to look all over for the sun, but couldn't find it... and so when the sun set, the Dreamer went to sleep and I woke up.

I don't know why you woke up, but we welcome you all the same. We want to help you, we want you to help us. So please, if you wake up, let us know?

Until next time!
    Minerva_

• To be put into the realm of Dreams is something that I never considered to be useful. Our intent of going there was to see if we could make contact with the Dreamer while in that Realm. What we got instead was something even more dangerous.

The task was simple, go to the realm of dreams and touch the stone atop the hill. What we did not anticipate was that insanity would ensue. Looking back we can remember it all very distinctly. First we all started to speak like morons, that was the giant's fear. Odd, but strangely and understandably annoying. Then one by one, our fears became reality. A man made elf, a warrior weak or cowardly, a women scorned. And my dear sister: inconsequential. My sister and I even ignored our youngest sibling.

Her... friends, acting as if she were no one. People brushing her off. Her fiery temper got the best of her. She lashed out numerous times at the hated and loathed inquisitor.

It could have been worse. More could have been revealed about us. In the end, the Dreamer still sleeps. Our actions can be blamed on the oddity of the realm.

What we gained is so much more than the payment the halfling gave: knowledge of the fears and insecurities of two inquisitors and a few soldiers?

Pricelessly exploitable.

• _…. Rude.

The cat has helped us with our little hidden sister issue, the fiery druid has protected us. They are allowed their moments of remorse and weakness as we suffer through our own. My sisters may not so readily agree with me, but your sacrifices, your toils, your caring... You may not ever see it, we may not ever truly say it, but we know and feel your pain. Smile as your loved ones get their happiness._

• _Loss

So the real cat went to go be with her mate. The fiery druid lost her patents now. The cat lost her sister. Does this all sound familiar, Dreamer? We protect you, love you, embrace you, like they are surely doing for each other. The only difference is, we are you. You are us. They rely on outside sources, we rely on us within and our Lord. They are likely filled with sorrow as you were, as you are. But it matters not, you sleep, we protect, we serve and understand. We are not what they are:

Pathetic._

• _Love, Betrayal, Revelry

It has been so long, my Dove. And so I write this to you, to us. Though you may never read it. I have heard your name a few times recently. I have seen your care in every wound I tend. I see your smiling, blushing face in every rosy tinted cheek as couples around me flirt and be merry. It hurts. For I still long for your touch, still yearn to use the gift we were bestowed again and again.. but I cannot. I will not.

To think, I was going to betray my sisters for you. To break free, to give in to your love and mercy, my Dove. I was close. Some more time, you emboldening and strengthening me, I would have, could have done it. The Bitch got to you though, took my betrayal away with her own. How perfectly ironic. It was how our divine powers work, this cost. This trickery. To think I could pull it over my sisters like that. They, and you, have shown me what a fool I was.

So now I revel, my Dove. I will show you my burning passion in new ways. Everyone may witness, though they will likely be as in the dark as you. I will bind others in these ruby ribbons, lash them, leash them, pull their strings to dance to my music, my dark tune.

Without your love my sisters have come through, and with their love, I_

The writing stops, and scrawled immediately after, but written upside down it reads:

Atone.

• And then on the next page… written in the book upside down, scrawled in entirely new writing, which looks a little rough and forced...

Atonement

• _Atonement

What a silly notion, that we need atoning. And to that rude, pompous, cruel man as well! The point was well made though, if we -did- atone to him and he agreed to bring back the sun, then that would be good… maybe. If the sun comes back the Dreamer will likely awaken, this much is true... but if we ATONE, then... then we will not be there to protect the Dreamer. Waking the Dreamer up with sun but not being there to protect them in this newer world to them? No... that would be horrible. We can't do it that way, we just can't!

Correct. We cannot atone to that cretin. We could perhaps persuade him to do the task without atonement but that only proves to be insanity on our part. Stay true dear sisters. The woman knows not of what we have within our reach, within our grasp. We keep the Dreamer safe._

• _Demons

Fighting against them, watching what they can do, the chaos and destruction they bring, we do not condone their use. While they can be useful tools like any other, this is true, it would be like using pyromancy to clear a small garden right next to your home. So we do not turn for them for aid, we let the divine powers we are blessed with make our goals a reality, not cheapen it through bargains and tricks from the other planes.

The demon and the undead, the rumors I have heard. I know who brought this upon the land. To think I once considered her an ally and almost a friend, only to find she was a loathsome tool to that thing from the Abyss. Everything considered, that was your only fault, Abigail.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME BIG SISTER?! THAT BITCH TRIED TO STEAL_ And the rest of it is incoherent, frantic, aggressive scribbling, marked with a few quill stabs into the page where the previous writer had written Abigail's name.

• _The cat.

The cat puts the Dreamer to rest easier. She is from a time when the Dreamer was awake. Big Sister said at one point we tried to use the cat, to get the cat's gift. Now we use her to keep the Dreamer dreaming. She is precious and purrs so wonderfully, and she is also quite pretty! She also doesn't have her gift. We can't use her like that anymore even if we wanted to.

It's fine though, she believes in us, in the Dreamer. Well, us. She doesn't know the Dreamer is sleeping, otherwise she might turn against us.. try to wake the Dreamer up. No, that simply won't do. She may help us though… maybe more than she does already. We don't want to have to hurt her..

But we will if necessary._

• A third entry, this time the writing was elegant and simple…

_Finally, I am the Eldest, though my sisters tend to call me Big Sister. It matters not who you are, who we are, for we all share the same goal. We serve and we protect. There is no alternative.

I am that faint whisper, that presence, that hand upon your shoulder. I am the reason why you have that divine touch, those powers at the motion of your fingertips and the movement of your tongue. It is by my actions, my direction, and my devotion that we are able to wield this. Do not turn against it. Embrace.

Reach out to us, let us guide you so that you too may flourish as we do. Our coin, our resources, our influence.. are greater combined than anyone who knows us or the Dreamer can realize.

Embrace._

• Another entry. This one's writing is more simplistic and basic..

_Minvera insists I write at least once. Here it is.

I am Yvette.

I kill people. If you are reading this, and you do not join, I will kill you too.

I woke up when the Dreamer put on that armor. The very armor burdening you right now, either in your bag or worn.

The sun is gone. It has set. We will keep the Dreamer safe in the dark.

And I will silence anyone who dares disturb her._